WTF -The Good PIE????

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a good addition to midtown, no doubt. I think he is just showing his passion for his team...can you imagine if 05 owned a restaurant in a few years close to Xavier's campus...he'd have bouncers roughing people up with Xavier gear on ;)

Just kidding 05..

I bet 05 would have you get drunk on wine coolers like the other night and "scare" every one away with your tough guy act. :rolleyes:

I bet 05 would have you get drunk on wine coolers like the other night and "scare" every one away with your tough guy act. :rolleyes:

Still bothering you huh...that's a shame

Bothering me? I'm not the one that left 3 drunk messages at 2 AM the other night fueled by liquid courage. :rolleyes:

Haha..I told you where I sat...

Can we put together some type of cage match between postcard and metz? Winner gets to keep posting on billikens.com.

I'll take Metz in a landslide...the dude is an animal

Actually, Postcard and Metz have had a nice PM exchange on here earlier today. All is calm, as Kevin Bacon would say.

Pistol was not available for comment.

Dirty is out of town for the Dukes...you in town?

Hmm. I vote that a crap-ton of SLU fans go to the Good Pie wearing a navy blue sweatshirt over their Billiken gear, get free booze, thank the owner for it, then take off the sweatshirts and laugh in his face.

SLU fans get free beer = everyone wins.

or just bring your own stag supply and a couple dozen buddies and just take turns puking on the front window of the place all day. i'm sure he's well intentioned but seems kind of ignorant to put out 10 thousand people for a couple dozen out of towners once a year. i wish him well (-ish), but a dumb idea, if you axe me.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

or just bring your own stag supply and a couple dozen buddies and just take turns puking on the front window of the place all day. i'm sure he's well intentioned but seems kind of ignorant to put out 10 thousand people for a couple dozen out of towners once a year. i wish him well (-ish), but a dumb idea, if you axe me.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yeah, you're so put out because he's offering one free beer to X fans. What a disrespectful jerk. :)

Yeah, you're so put out because he's offering one free beer to X fans. What a disrespectful jerk. :)

IF your team ever plays in STL again and some MIZZOUCHBAG gives you punks free beer a couple blocks FROM THE FETZ, we'll puke on your windows, too.

Ehhh....Me and the girlfriend tried out Good Pie for the first time earlier in the season. We didn't really dig it. Wasn't terrible or anything but I doubt we will go again. I'm not too bent out of shape re: the XU statements, considering that is where he is from. However, as a business decision, I don't think it is very solid, especially considering it is already a very 'niche' place that can use as many customers as it can get. But to each their own.

From the Xavier board:

for all of those making the trek to stl on the 24th I own a pizzeria...thegoodpie.com...a block away from chaifitz center. We are always packed with slu fans before games. Last week we had a sign up charging a $10 cover charge to any flyer fans. Next week I would love to pack the place with my Xavier fans, to that point a free beer will be given to anyone dawning the proper blue. Hopefully we can leave the sluers scratching their heads.

ps, anyone else sitting in 216? got my tickets through X

cheers, hope to see you here!

WTF?

PI in the CWE is much better anyway. PEACE

what is the address or cross streets for PI?

I tried "the good pie" liked the outdoor seating and pie crust but topping choices were straight from California-I prefer more traditional

Italian or Chicago pizza; pizza has been no good in St. Louis since IMO introduced skim milk made provel just to avoid certain costs of

real mozarella.

The Good Pie has great food and nice owners. Check bonwich's post earlier in this thread for proof. If people who post here stop going there because of this little promotion, that would be sad. Keep good businesses going in the area with your support. And hey, wouldn't we love to see an out-of-town SLU grad restauranteur with something like this in a rival's city when we go on the road?

I've gone to almost all Xavier home games since I moved here, and all the fans around me know I'm a SLU fan. They've all been fun, engaging, and generous. They're not like Dayton fans. They're like us.

Don't stoop to Metz's level.

what is the address or cross streets for PI?

I tried "the good pie" liked the outdoor seating and pie crust but topping choices were straight from California-I prefer more traditional

Italian or Chicago pizza; pizza has been no good in St. Louis since IMO introduced skim milk made provel just to avoid certain costs of

real mozarella.

Very close to the Fetz. East of Compton on Olive, north side of Olive. 3137 Olive Street.