1-3 since Majerus started his anti-SLU media blitz...

AlumniFan

Maybe he should shut his fat mouth and start producing something vaguely resembling basketball for that million plus salary.

(Forget about the free throw disparity - all I care about is winning basketball games and my school's reputation.)

Maybe he should shut his fat mouth and start producing something vaguely resembling basketball for that million plus salary.

(Forget about the free throw disparity - all I care about is winning basketball games and my school's reputation.)

I know we have a young team, but it IS RM's job to keep them focused. IMO that didn't happen today. I'm hoping that all of RM's rantings about travel and being away haven't influenced his own team in a negative way. Let's hope we can straighten things out at home.

I know we have a young team, but it IS RM's job to keep them focused. IMO that didn't happen today. I'm hoping that all of RM's rantings about travel and being away haven't influenced his own team in a negative way. Let's hope we can straighten things out at home.

RM needs to shut up about the other BS after todays game.

RM PR skills and public presence rank right up there with Mark McGuire. Post-game interviews sound like a dull homily. I know he's a good coach, so I wish he'd start showing it rather than all the other crap that he's been concerned with.

Majerus is a dinosaur. In today's day and age of instant messaging, text messages, video-on-your-phone in your pocket, shock jocks, ten second sound bites and all that jazz, you need to (unfortunately) work the media into your messaging. Unless you are bigger than the media, which some are. I don't think Majerus is. He has managed to unite the media in a local campaign that will, at a minimum, now question just about everything he does. That's a heavy load ---- no pun intended --- to fend off.

I still think he needs to teach in practice and concentrate on winning the games. In DC, during one sequence, he turned to his bench and said something about "someone, anyone, needs to grow a set and " stop that play or something. Maybe he said grow some balls. Nice. I heard it three rows up. Again, good for the practice court, but not in the heat of a game. It distracts and gets kids thinking way too much.

I also don't like his substitutions. Too many guys. Not enough talent. Remekun, Salecich and Jordan are needed and have their roles. Maybe, over a few years, they'll play more. Mqaybe not so much right now and at critical junctures.

Majerus is a dinosaur. In today's day and age of instant messaging, text messages, video-on-your-phone in your pocket, shock jocks, ten second sound bites and all that jazz, you need to (unfortunately) work the media into your messaging. Unless you are bigger than the media, which some are. I don't think Majerus is. He has managed to unite the media in a local campaign that will, at a minimum, now question just about everything he does. That's a heavy load ---- no pun intended --- to fend off.

I still think he needs to teach in practice and concentrate on winning the games. In DC, during one sequence, he turned to his bench and said something about "someone, anyone, needs to grow a set and " stop that play or something. Maybe he said grow some balls. Nice. I heard it three rows up. Again, good for the practice court, but not in the heat of a game. It distracts and gets kids thinking way too much.

I also don't like his substitutions. Too many guys. Not enough talent. Remekun, Salecich and Jordan are needed and have their roles. Maybe, over a few years, they'll play more. Mqaybe not so much right now and at critical junctures.

The teams subbing is atrocious.

Majerus is negatively impacting our school's bball reputation??? Give me a break. I know it was ugly and there have been others (georgia, bg) but i doubt many, if anyone, thought this game was one we were going to win. Yeah, it sucks knowing we should be 5-1 but a team with no upperclassmen is going to lay a few eggs on the road.

Majerus is negatively impacting our school's bball reputation??? Give me a break. I know it was ugly and there have been others (georgia, bg) but i doubt many, if anyone, thought this game was one we were going to win. Yeah, it sucks knowing we should be 5-1 but a team with no upperclassmen is going to lay a few eggs on the road.

I agree to a certain extent. However, they didn't look like they even showed up today. I'm not expecting to win the conference, but Richmond is not 4 or 5 touchdowns better than we are.

How you can highlight what I said and then still misquote me is unbelievable. I NEVER said Majerus is negatively impacting our school's BASKETBALL reputation, but he is without doubt negatively impacting my school's reputation in general with some of his comments.

As I posted earlier, I can deal with the losses - they are a young team. I can even deal with a mercurial, opinionated coach. What I cannot deal with is both. A loud mouth coach who loses is just not acceptable. If it was me, I would not shoot off my mouth until I was winning a lot of games.

I have a lot of great memories over the past 28 years of watching and supporting the Billikens, even when they were not winning a ton of games. And while I certainly want to win, I want my overall "Billiken Experience" to continue to be positive and enjoyable. When we lose and our coach says stupid, immature, inappropriate things all those positive experiences are gone and, on top of that, I get a bunch of sh!t from non-SLU fans. This is not the experience I paid for and I am growing very tired of it. So are a lot of others.

I hope Rick turns his attitude around. I hope he helps the team to win another 6 or 7 games this season, but if he doesn't, his support is going to fade and fade fast. That is just reality.

How you can highlight what I said and then still misquote me is unbelievable. I NEVER said Majerus is negatively impacting our school's BASKETBALL reputation, but he is without doubt negatively impacting my school's reputation in general with some of his comments.

As I posted earlier, I can deal with the losses - they are a young team. I can even deal with a mercurial, opinionated coach. What I cannot deal with is both. A loud mouth coach who loses is just not acceptable. If it was me, I would not shoot off my mouth until I was winning a lot of games.

I have a lot of great memories over the past 28 years of watching and supporting the Billikens, even when they were not winning a ton of games. And while I certainly want to win, I want my overall "Billiken Experience" to continue to be positive and enjoyable. When we lose and our coach says stupid, immature, inappropriate things all those positive experiences are gone and, on top of that, I get a bunch of sh!t from non-SLU fans. This is not the experience I paid for and I am growing very tired of it. So are a lot of others.

I hope Rick turns his attitude around. I hope he helps the team to win another 6 or 7 games this season, but if he doesn't, his support is going to fade and fade fast. That is just reality.

A lot can be speculated about the loss today and why things happened. But, I am disappointed in RM and I will put this loss on him. A lot of future wins will give RM praise, so he takes the good with the bad. RM has said that he doesn't let the freshman do interviews as to keep them focused.

I think I read that the team stayed on the east coast, so no blame of hectic travel on this trip. He certainly had time to game plan for this, so not sure what happened. I realized the players play the game but they seemed lost and even disinterested and that is on Rick.

I think Rick needs to eat more pie, a piece of humble pie. He says so much how it's all about his players in every way, but there seems to be either some hypocrisy, stubbornness, or just poor decision making on his part. If he cared so much about the players, then don't bring any unnecessary media attention to the team because it was all over the place in the past week. He can't tell us they have been immune to it and don't know it exists.

He may say screw the local media as they don't matter and they are wrong anyway. Well, that may be easy for him, but I'm sure the players don't want the local media outraged over RM.

Biondi reneged on the promise, I get it. It's wrong. But, certainly there are other ways to handle it. Since it's all about the team and developing young men, maybe he could show them how to take the high road and handle things more tactfully.

I love RM as a Coach and think, now only is he doing a good job, but will bring us where we need to be and dream to be. But, you can still do the things you don't like to do as well. Of all 300 D1 teams, I'm sure most of the coaches hate doing certain things they do.

If I was a player, it would be bother me to have negative media attention coming our way. It's one thing to seem irrelevant and not get much media attention, but it's even worse when you do and it's negative. I am sure quite a few local media folks enjoyed this loss today. That would stink to be a player knowing that's all because my good old coach who is "just looking out for me" wants to play hard ball.

Not that it matters to anyone but, I agree with you.

His support might fade somewhat, but IMO he's in no danger. Next year is the make or break year for RM. As long as the team wins big next year, all of this will blow over. If the team is 18-14 next year with no postseason things might change.

On the contrary, the wheels are not off the bus.

Rather, we get one on and start to work on another and the first one pops off again. While we put that back on, and then move on to the third one, the second one pops off. Because we are doing this on a hill, the wheel rolls all the way to the bottom and by the time we get back, the first one has now gone flat.

Wheels can't pop off if they ain't all on in the first place.

In DC, during one sequence, he turned to his bench and said something about "someone, anyone, needs to grow a set and " stop that play or something. Maybe he said grow some balls. Nice. I heard it three rows up. Again, good for the practice court, but not in the heat of a game. It distracts and gets kids thinking way too much.

Taj, I don't think the above quote is over the top for any coach at the D1 level. Seriously, you don't see many coaches on the sidelines treating their players like kids. They're all pretty harsh. Hell that K State guy is like a friggin mad man.

you get the free throw disparity when your team is slower afoot, the opposition can pick your pocket so you rush to the other end in anger

and hit the guy as he is laying it in-nice move KM.

Our fastest guys looked like they were stuck in the mud against much quicker and more rational Richmond team. We need better ballplayers or at least ones who leave it on the floor. Conklins hurt and FJ may be done-no one else has the balls to take a charge or

set a good pick. So CR, WR, and JS can leap tall buildings that is great if they are not blocked out-do these guys have any time for

weight room? Can Mark Mcqwire work off seasons at SLU-just kidding?

Taj, I don't think the above quote is over the top for any coach at the D1 level. Seriously, you don't see many coaches on the sidelines treating their players like kids. They're all pretty harsh. Hell that K State guy is like a friggin mad man.

yeah but frank martin pays a lot better. ;)