SLU vs GW game thread

Westy03

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh lord. The biggest reason why we lost this game was KM tried to force the issue himself way too often. Now if you want to unload on are best player go ahead, but I wil chalk it up to a learning experience,

You can call it a learning experience or whatever you want, but the fact is we were up by 13 with eight to play, eight with four to play and we lost. We blew this game, some of it (a lot of it) falls on kwa' but too not put any of the blame on the coaching staff is just plain stupid.

You can call it a learning experience or whatever you want, but the fact is we were up by 13 with eight to play, eight with four to play and we lost. We blew this game, some of it (a lot of it) falls on kwa' but too not put any of the blame on the coaching staff is just plain stupid.

I will say this........... I think it is time for KC to run the offense and to move KM to the off guard spot. KM hasn't seemed to figure out he has a lot more to work woth now than he did at the begining of the year.

Ellis played a great 39 1/2 minutes, but I don't see a need to shoot a contested 3 when we are up by three with 30 seconds left in regulation and 15 on the shot clock.

EDIT: He played a great game though, I'm not trying to take that away from him.

We were not up 3. It was a tie game at that point and he took a good shot, missed it and Smith rebounded it for a dunk. What game were you watching?

Neither Kyle nor KM played great games IMO, but the difference is, when KM struggles he tries to do more, when KC struggles he becomes more passive. I think KM is a great PG and we should keep him there, but he shouldnt take 15 shots a night.

This makes me mad because I honestly believe SLU was the better team, and for 32 minutes we controlled the game, but down the stretch we let off the gas, a critical mistake. Hopefully the boys dont let the same mistakes happen again.

I did. He's a walking turnover and can't handle pressure late in the game. channelsurfing.com

You mean the 3 turnovers he had that were matched by 2 other players on the team. Just forget about the team leading 7 boards he had and the fact that he tied for the team leas in assists.

Neither Kyle nor KM played great games IMO, but the difference is, when KM struggles he tries to do more, when KC struggles he becomes more passive. I think KM is a great PG and we should keep him there, but he shouldnt take 15 shots a night.

This makes me mad because I honestly believe SLU was the better team, and for 32 minutes we controlled the game, but down the stretch we let off the gas, a critical mistake. Hopefully the boys dont let the same mistakes happen again.

What has KM done lately to get histhe other players on this team involved in the offense at key points?

-there are plenty of reasons we lost that game, none of them good except i guess that gw made more plays down the stretch than we did and if someone beats you that is one thing, but we let that happen to a large degree

-one thing i noticed watching the last part of the 2nd half was the number of times a gw player first beat our guy off the dribble at the ft line or furher out and second how there was no help defense when this happened

-and it seemed like everyone was guilty of both defensive lapses

-this was not our typical defense and the reason imo they shot 60% in the 2nd half was most of them were layups that were lightly contested if at all

-also, we made some mid range jump shots, i like that as to me it is a forgotten part of the game and a shot that seems open a lot of times given that defenses seem to concentrate on guarding the rim and the 3 pt line, we stopped taking open shots, when we got shots, as well