now rickma does interview with the duquesne beat writer

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/du...og/default.aspx

this is starting to get out of hand now. what's even worse is that most of his answers are shown to just be wrong by the writer and imo he comes off flat out stupid on this interview. come on slu, do something to shut him up.

this is starting to get out of hand now. what's even worse is that most of his answers are shown to just be wrong by the writer and imo he comes off flat out stupid on this interview. come on slu, do something to shut him up.

I guess Majerus shouldn't do the weekly A-10 media calls. That will really make everyone happy, right?

Look, we all agree that what Majerus said after the Fordham game was un called for. He may have had his motivation (getting more chartered flights) in doing it but it wasn't the right time or place. That being said, these follow-up questions weren't much more than the media trying to get the same story going again. He has to do these calls and he has to answer the questions.

I guess Majerus shouldn't do the weekly A-10 media calls. That will really make everyone happy, right?

Look, we all agree that what Majerus said after the Fordham game was un called for. He may have had his motivation (getting more chartered flights) in doing it but it wasn't the right time or place. That being said, these follow-up questions weren't much more than the media trying to get the same story going again. He has to do these calls and he has to answer the questions.

the point is he doesnt have to continue to harp on points to the degree he is doing. and if he is going to try to make points, one would think he would know his facts.

as "he has to do these calls". he had no problem walking out on his own show. dont see why he couldnt walk out on the a-10 call after the basic questions were done.

"most of his answers are shown to be wrong" - "most" - Really?? I counted 2 answers (to 6 questions) that the interviewer mentioned were wrong. He was wrong in saying that 10 teams are east of Philly. He was wrong saying we make 13 trips to the east. Although maybe he was including the Bowling Green game and was assuming we will play 3 games in the conference tourney.

You are misconstruing things Roy. You are also leaving out some of the complements mentioned in the article, like this one:

"Contrary to some reports out there (particulary some of the stuff on Deadspin) when Majerus recently visited Duquesne, he was tremendously warm with the media. He was candid, open and honest and for that I am thankful."

the point is he doesnt have to continue to harp on points to the degree he is doing. and if he is going to try to make points, one would think he would know his facts.

as "he has to do these calls". he had no problem walking out on his own show. dont see why he couldnt walk out on the a-10 call after the basic questions were done.

Why can't we just leave the man to do what he was brought here to do; raise the program from a joke to one we can be proud of? As long as he does that without doing anything against the rules the NCAA has set forth, I have no problem with his tactics.

Why can't we just leave the man to do what he was brought here to do; raise the program from a joke to one we can be proud of? As long as he does that without doing anything against the rules the NCAA has set forth, I have no problem with his tactics.

well while he has indeed raised the outlook on the court, he hasnt exactly won any awards off the court for his actions. i would like him to do both. i doubt father biondi said, "just win baby. i dont care what else you do."

well while he has indeed raised the outlook on the court, he hasnt exactly won any awards off the court for his actions. i would like him to do both. i doubt father biondi said, "just win baby. i dont care what else you do."

You think Biondi wants Rickma to help him pick out crappy art?

RM's carping about the A-10 is getting a little old. Yes, we are the school that travels the furthest, but he knew this when he took the job. But really this is nothing new since he's stated the same thing since he's been here. Still, why doesn't he just stick to coaching and recruiting... forget the PR stuff he's made it clear he ain't doing it this year. He should but he ain't. As for his going to DePaul, it doesn't seem likely at his age he'd want to take on a whole new headache, but who knows with him. He's a mercurial guy. My concern is more for the players at this point. Is his griping about the A-10 rubbing off on them?

Also, though it is Rick Majerus so this may not be true, I would be highly inclined to believe that SLU's media department was well aware that he would be doing the WGN interview. Could be wrong, but that's kinda their job.

Roy, why don't you just let Rick do his job and you worry about yours. At least Rick doesn't have over 17,000 posts on the message board...most of which are made during the work day. You would have been fired a long time ago. I doubt your boss said "Just post messages all day. I don't care what you do"

Rick, on the other hand, has brought more optimism and hope to a basketball program that was stuck in a rut.

Leave him be and stop analyzing every move he makes. you guys are all going have a heart attack with how much worrying you are doing.

How many morons are going to comment on this subject? It blows my mind how people on this board jump from one extreme to another on each and every subject just so they can have an opinion, when most of the time, they have absolutely no idea what is going on with the program. That includes local media such as the bernies, JM's, joe strauss's who get on twitter and bash majerus, yet have never been to cover a game. They only feed the negative and bash slu for wanting to "be bigger than it is" when in fact, they are such self absorbed pricks who only laugh at each others jokes. I hope that someone pushes this back in their face when they are trying to cover games when its fashionable.. and they get off mizzou's dick...

and for everyone who is bitching about skipping the 101 show... why dont you put a little thought behind your comments before you post...this is the problem with some slu fans, they feel that they are in some exclusive fraternity where they are the only ones who need to be catered too.. well if we were packing chaifetz every night and had a rowdy crowd, i would agree..but we have a bunch of white tops who sit on their hands in the expensive seats and dont even wear blue or white to the games.. enjoy the fact that majerus goes on W freaking GN... let him get the word out.. let other people talk about him and take notice of what is going on down here at slu... he will probably give a better interview anyways because its not the same old crap each and every week he talks about with the same people.. god forbid he doesnt give timmerman some more crap he can turn into a negative.. let him do his thing.. he has been around good programs way longer than we have even been good.. i wonder how much of this people will be saying next year when we are winning?? we need to start acting like a program that can deal with success and what comes with it...not complain because our coach isnt here to hold our hand and walk us through what he is doing..

How many morons are going to comment on this subject? It blows my mind how people on this board jump from one extreme to another on each and every subject just so they can have an opinion, when most of the time, they have absolutely no idea what is going on with the program. That includes local media such as the bernies, JM's, joe strauss's who get on twitter and bash majerus, yet have never been to cover a game. They only feed the negative and bash slu for wanting to "be bigger than it is" when in fact, they are such self absorbed pricks who only laugh at each others jokes. I hope that someone pushes this back in their face when they are trying to cover games when its fashionable.. and they get off mizzou's dick...

and for everyone who is bitching about skipping the 101 show... why dont you put a little thought behind your comments before you post...this is the problem with some slu fans, they feel that they are in some exclusive fraternity where they are the only ones who need to be catered too.. well if we were packing chaifetz every night and had a rowdy crowd, i would agree..but we have a bunch of white tops who sit on their hands in the expensive seats and dont even wear blue or white to the games.. enjoy the fact that majerus goes on W freaking GN... let him get the word out.. let other people talk about him and take notice of what is going on down here at slu... he will probably give a better interview anyways because its not the same old crap each and every week he talks about with the same people.. god forbid he doesnt give timmerman some more crap he can turn into a negative.. let him do his thing.. he has been around good programs way longer than we have even been good.. i wonder how much of this people will be saying next year when we are winning?? we need to start acting like a program that can deal with success and what comes with it...not complain because our coach isnt here to hold our hand and walk us through what he is doing..

+1 THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

Stop it.

Majerus is a great coach, proven winner, national figure, and we have 10 good fresh & sophs with more to come.

And he is developing them, teaching them... with passion.

Look at how Willie Reed has developed... he was as raw and green as they come, now as a soph he has "moves" around the hoop.

And YOU are not pleased with his interviews?

Why the need to rip Timmerman? So TT is the enemy of the program now?? :rolleyes:

RM is what he is. I accept that. Where is May? If RM is not on the radio show, then May should take his place. Losing the show is not acceptable. Put Porter on. Put Harriman on. Mike Alden is on the radio all the time. We knew that RM did not want to do this and yet we hired an AD who is media shy. Go figure. ;)

Why the need to rip Timmerman? So TT is the enemy of the program now?? :rolleyes:

RM is what he is. I accept that. Where is May? If RM is not on the radio show, then May should take his place. Losing the show is not acceptable. Put Porter on. Put Harriman on. Mike Alden is on the radio all the time. We knew that RM did not want to do this and yet we hired an AD who is media shy. Go figure. ;)

Clock, I don't believe the sponsors of the show paid to support the "Billiken" show with May or Moser or anyone else othe than Rick. They wanted the RICK MAJERUS show. Without him it isn't the same thing. If you owned a business, would you truly pay the same amount for advertising to have May as the guest vs. Rick? If it were me, I'd be screaming for a refund.

BTW, I don't think it's fair to complain about our local media coverage when the university doesn't do much to make the coaches available. If RM doesn't want to promote the team locally, you can't expect the media to bend over backwards. As long as RM wins, improves attendance, improves TV ratings, gets more games on TV, etc., I don't care how he operates. Per the Caeser article, our tv ratings are bad. It would seem that one way to help accomplish some of this might be playing nice with the local media. That said, as long as we're in the NCAA tournament by next year, I'm a little disappointed but willing to accept things.

IMO, it's hypocritical of some of our fans to b!tch about coverage while, at the same time, saying RM doesn't need to pay attention to the local media. Nobody owes us anything.

Talk about jumping to one extreme or the other.

I am with ROAR, also I see no reference to TT in billikenroar's post. ;)

I am with ROAR, also I see no reference to TT in billikenroar's post. :rolleyes:

Clock, I don't believe the sponsors of the show paid to support the "Billiken" show with May or Moser or anyone else othe than Rick. They wanted the RICK MAJERUS show. Without him it isn't the same thing. If you owned a business, would you truly pay the same amount for advertising to have May as the guest vs. Rick? If it were me, I'd be screaming for a refund.

BTW, I don't think it's fair to complain about our local media coverage when the university doesn't do much to make the coaches available. If RM doesn't want to promote the team locally, you can't expect the media to bend over backwards. As long as RM wins, improves attendance, improves TV ratings, gets more games on TV, etc., I don't care how he operates. Per the Caeser article, our tv ratings are bad. It would seem that one way to help accomplish some of this might be playing nice with the local media. That said, as long as we're in the NCAA tournament by next year, I'm a little disappointed but willing to accept things.

IMO, it's hypocritical of some of our fans to b!tch about coverage while, at the same time, saying RM doesn't need to pay attention to the local media. Nobody owes us anything.

Yes, I agree about the difference between RM and AD May and/or the assistant coaches. Still, I hope and expect SLU to have offered and provided them as alternatives to RM. If the station declined, then so be it. As I have said all along, SLU should have chosen a media craving AD knowing that RM does not want to deal with the local media. Ask the local media in Utah, he snubbed them as well. Do I wish RM were different? Of course. RM, though, is NOT and never will. Why hire a "behind the scenes" quiet guy? Frankly, I believe the station would have taken a combination of May and Moser with an occasion appearance by RM.

As to SLU not making the coaches available, not sure that is the case. Cannot believe Porter Moser has turned down any invitations. Do you know of any? Anyway, I do think SLU can and should be blamed for the lack of local coverage. I am not blaming the local media, though, for the lack of local coverage.

Roy, why don't you just let Rick do his job and you worry about yours. At least Rick doesn't have over 17,000 posts on the message board...most of which are made during the work day. You would have been fired a long time ago. I doubt your boss said "Just post messages all day. I don't care what you do"

Rick, on the other hand, has brought more optimism and hope to a basketball program that was stuck in a rut.

Leave him be and stop analyzing every move he makes. you guys are all going have a heart attack with how much worrying you are doing.

i make on average less than five posts a day (see profile). if it take me all day to do that, that would be a problem.

i want to be successful as well. i just want rick to be more than a good basketball x's and o's coach and recruiter.

Yes, I agree about the difference between RM and AD May and/or the assistant coaches. Still, I hope and expect SLU to have offered and provided them as alternatives to RM. If the station declined, then so be it. As I have said all along, SLU should have chosen a media craving AD knowing that RM does not want to deal with the local media. Ask the local media in Utah, he snubbed them as well. Do I wish RM were different? Of course. RM, though, is NOT and never will. Why hire a "behind the scenes" quiet guy? Frankly, I believe the station would have taken a combination of May and Moser with an occasion appearance by RM.

As to SLU not making the coaches available, not sure that is the case. Cannot believe Porter Moser has turned down any invitations. Do you know of any? Anyway, I do think SLU can and should be blamed for the lack of local coverage. I am not blaming the local media, though, for the lack of local coverage.

I'd like to see SLU renegotiate their deal with 101.1 and just call it the Billiken Show with Associate Head Coach Porter Moser and have Porter be a consistent guest. Porter has an opportunity to make himself well known and liked in Stl. It wouldn't hurt him to be the one everyone wanted when RM leaves.

i make on average less than five posts a day (see profile). if it take me all day to do that, that would be a problem.

i want to be successful as well. i just want rick to be more than a good basketball x's and o's coach and recruiter.

I think we deserve to know exactly how much time you are spending on Billikens.com I think a post from your boss informing us it's ok is in order also.

I'd like to see SLU renegotiate their deal with 101.1 and just call it the Billiken Show with Associate Head Coach Porter Moser and have Porter be a consistent guest. Porter has an opportunity to make himself well known and liked in Stl. It wouldn't hurt him to be the one everyone wanted when RM leaves.

That's a good solution in the future. I enjoy hearing Porter talk hoops. If he is the successor to RM, this would be good for him to be out there with the media.