As I Saw It

huzzah

On the road we take a good team to overtime. Unbelievable just a short time ago. Coach Rick is a bargain @ 1 mil. Charlotte played better defense then us. Lutz is a good coach. Cory Ellis tried flopping on the floor, but never got that call. Cory's strength is he is a big man that can score. Weakness is defense. Coach Rick needs to get a couple of golf balls and put them in Cory's pockets. Everytime we are on offense and Willie is in the game, he needs to touch the ball. The offense has to go through him. He seems that good. This was a tough loss, but we are making great progress. Great recruiting is starting to produce results.

Not sure what the golf balls are for .....but here are my two cents. We lost a game on the road when we shot like crap. Earlier in this season, we would have had the poor shooting hurt our defense and would have been down by twenty before half. Cody's defense will improve with coaching given time. Salecich needs to get into the GYM at 5 am and figure out what is wrong with his shot, Jordan needs to play defense, it sounded like he let his man get by him and then would foul in the act. (did not see it as I have gone to U-verse and do not get CSTV or whatever it is called now).

As for who starts, I have wondered if this is an attempt to use up the fouls the team is allowed. Cory is going to get his, if he draws one or two before willie has one, does that put us at an advantage? OR is majerus saying those who practice the hardest start.....I have no argument with that. willie still played what 29 -30 minutes.

On the road we take a good team to overtime. Unbelievable just a short time ago. Coach Rick is a bargain @ 1 mil. Charlotte played better defense then us. Lutz is a good coach. Cory Ellis tried flopping on the floor, but never got that call. Cory's strength is he is a big man that can score. Weakness is defense. Coach Rick needs to get a couple of golf balls and put them in Cory's pockets. Everytime we are on offense and Willie is in the game, he needs to touch the ball. The offense has to go through him. He seems that good. This was a tough loss, but we are making great progress. Great recruiting is starting to produce results.

At least get his name right - try Cody

At least get his name right - try Cody

Leave FJ out of this for a second as he is hampered by injury; I think we have CR, CS, JJ, and CE as liabilities on defence. All are either slow footed, out of

shape or overweight, or timid-each of these 4 has too many fouls because they are slow getting to the spot before the offensive player-we could improve on defence even if it is ahead of our offence. At least we don't have to watch Barry Eberhard or Drew Diener grabbing jerseys from behind this year

Lutz was asked this week if he had an advantage in free throw shooting as he had the number two team in FT %age and asked what he did to coach up a team that had been a disaster at the line the last couple of years-he answered he recruited better.

Leave FJ out of this for a second as he is hampered by injury; I think we have CR, CS, JJ, and CE as liabilities on defence. All are either slow footed, out of

shape or overweight, or timid-each of these 4 has too many fouls because they are slow getting to the spot before the offensive player-we could improve on defence even if it is ahead of our offence. At least we don't have to watch Barry Eberhard or Drew Diener grabbing jerseys from behind this year

Lutz was asked this week if he had an advantage in free throw shooting as he had the number two team in FT %age and asked what he did to coach up a team that had been a disaster at the line the last couple of years-he answered he recruited better.

I think Cory has had some very nice defensive games and plays. He is a freshman so he will be inconsistant but he is a better defender in the post as a frosh than anyone I can ever remember.

CS is working very hard on defense but he also is a frosh so it will take some time. In fact, all of the players you mention are frosh and one, CE, has been here two weeks. Give these kids a break, they are trying hard, playing with tenacity and will get better!