NIT or Bubble??

If we beat Cincy, we probably will win the tourney. However , we first have to beat Cincy. I am showing Cincy as a 7 1/2 pt favorite. Hopefully after their big win against Lville, they will let down a little against us. Also, Cincy wull not be as well rested after a tough game. As good a win as last night was for us, the Bills will need to crank it up another notch tonight.

Go Bills

likely in low fifties, high forties....it really depends from there who wins. Ie if Mizzou loses tonight and we win then lose to UAB or Depaul, then I would say we have a chance

I would say though "If we beat Cinci we probably win the Tourney" is an incorrect staement, UAB is still in it right?? Depaul has beaten us right? Let's Focus our enrgy on Cinci.

cinci UAB/Depaul RPI

win lose 50

win win 45 ??

No matter if we win tonight or not(I think it will be a tough one to get on the Bearcat homecourt), I hope we don't start harping back to the 3 cupcakes we played at the beginning of the season.

Everyone has to remember that Brad knew Ian was going to miss the 1st 10 games and Reggie was going to miss the 1st 3 games. He didn't know what to expect from Frericks yet or how the team would respond without Marque. He didn't won't a repeat of the previous year when the Bills started off losing to Tenn.-Martin

I am not concerned with those games as I am the close road losses at Marquette and Charlotte along with the big lead we had VS DePaul in the home loss. We win two of those 3 games and we might already be Dancing.

We have likely been on the board in the committee room for a while, whether we get selected or not is another issue. Each win gives us a better shot. Each win by a team on the bubble or non at-large winning their conference tourney hurts.

I tend to think of it in terms or probability. We have a borderline case right now (which means we would not likely get a bid), a strong case with a win over Cincy (which means would have a very good chance but no guarantee).

I just did the math.

IF we beat Cincy and NO OTHER GAME WERE PLAYED TONIGHT (I cannot predict how all the other stuff will impact our SOS but this late in the season other opponents except maybe DePaul will have little impact) our RPI will go to 0.57429 which in the current distribution puts us at 53 in the ranking.

SLU should root for DePaul because they will likely affect the estimate by a full ranking (if DePaul and Bills win then around 52).

I also think SLU matches up better against DePaul.

I am not blaming Brad for scheduling these teams given what was going on with our team. If I was in his shoes I would have done the same thing. I am simply saying that you can say what you want about losing at SMS or blowing the DePaul game, but playing teams with RPIs of 219,294, 303, and 323 is why we are where we are.

I think, unfortunately, we need to win the tournament

The bottom line is we have to beat Cincy which is no easy task. I am showing a 7 1/2 pt spread for Cincy but some are going as high as 12. That is a lot of pts to overcome. We may need a miracle like 2000. I am hoping the refs call a tight game and Cincy gets into foul trouble.

is the fact that Cincy absolutely dismantled SLU a couple of weeks ago. It's natural for that same squad to summarily dismiss the Billikens. That would be a huge mistake and a Soderberg-led team will definitely make them pay.

Don't count on the zebras giving us any breaks...Cincy is playing at home if not at the Shoe. They are the ranked team so I would just hope for an evenly called game as I am not looking to benefit by any calls tonight. Our team just needs to play like they did last night and then let the chips fall where they may.

I thought Memphis got a number of questionable calls that went their way. The second charge called on Reggie was a horrible call, just horrible.

Notice they called Josh early for a travel when he double-pumped a pass and dragged his foot some fraction of an inch (not a bad call but one that may get overlooked). Anyway, I noticed three times after that Memphis players with little pivot foot drags that did not get called.