Mo State observations

Billikan

Just back from the game and my overall sense is that I am proud of our team. They played hard and competed even though we did not have our best player and team leader. We often looked like freshmen but we looked that way because JJ, Christian, Jon, Cory and Femi played with the guards playing big minutes. We never quit and it was very impressive that we came back from double digits down and cut it to four with about 4 minutes left. They triple teamed Willie and we really missed KM because he would have exploited that situation. Mo State is a good team and if we would have had KM we would have given them all they could handle.

A lot of people around us were really pissed that the Mo State fans muscled their way into the student section and no one did anything about it. I have already talked to the admin and I have been promised it will never happen again.

KM was on the bench in street clothes. No word yet whether he will play on Tuesday.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game and my overall sense is that I am proud of our team. They played hard and competed even though we did not have our best player and team leader. We often looked like freshmen but we looked that way because JJ, Christian, Jon, Cory and Femi played with the guards playing big minutes. We never quit and it was very impressive that we came back from double digits down and cut it to four with about 4 minutes left. They triple teamed Willie and we really missed KM because he would have exploited that situation. Mo State is a good team and if we would have had KM we would have given them all they could handle.

A lot of people around us were really pissed that the Mo State fans muscled their way into the student section and no one did anything about it. I have already talked to the admin and I have been promised it will never happen again.

KM was on the bench in street clothes. No word yet whether he will play on Tuesday.

SLU's brilliant marketing of "All College students with ID can sit in SLU student section" was probably the DUMBEST thing they could have ever done. That was asking for trouble.

I saw security lead a blue crew member or two away at one point, though I think they just got a stern talking to.

When you consider that the night's promotion was that "anyone with a college ID" can get in for $5 and sit in the student section.....what did they think would happen?

At least the student section was full.

I saw security lead a blue crew member or two away at one point, though I think they just got a stern talking to.

When you consider that the night's promotion was that "anyone with a college ID" can get in for $5 and sit in the student section.....what did they think would happen?

At least the student section was full.

Pitiful. How did these people get jobs? Seriously.

I was talking to some people about how SLU's Marketing/PR is so dumb. Of all the dumb things SLU has done, this may have been the worst. The marketing department must be full of Re-Tards.

Booster, if you're still going to have that lunch with the assistant AD, you must address this. This was beyond stupid.

I was talking to some people about how SLU's Marketing/PR is so dumb. Of all the dumb things SLU has done, this may have been the worst. The marketing department must be full of Re-Tards.

I do not disagree that this was a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID promotion, BUT if our students show up, this would NOT have happened!!!!

While I was REALLY proud of the team for stepping up tonight (with KM we win this game), the situation with the student section was the low point in my life of watching Billiken basketball - and that goes back nearly 30 years. I was sick of all the MSU people mocking us for not have any students in our own student section.

(can you tell I am a little pissed off by this?!!??)

Billikan, that is not what happened.

It sure looked like that to me. There were a lot of people who looked older than students and the group slowly increased over time as the game progressed so it looked to me like people from around the building were moving down to our student section.

I do not disagree that this was a STUPID, STUPID, STUPID promotion, BUT if our students show up, this would NOT have happened!!!!

While I was REALLY proud of the team for stepping up tonight (with KM we win this game), the situation with the student section was the low point in my life of watching Billiken basketball - and that goes back nearly 30 years. I was sick of all the MSU people mocking us for not have any students in our own student section.

(can you tell I am a little pissed off by this?!!??)

I have to admit that I was really angry as well. I sent two emails during the game over the issue.

Almost led to a fight or two.

It would have been fun to punch one of those STD-ridden SMSU douches in the face. I was really pissed that they overtook the student section. From what I saw the students that were there did a great job of cheering and even drowning out the much larger SMS bloc on a few of the S-L-U chants. However, the students that are still in the St. Louis area that did not go to the game should be absolutely ashamed of having THEIR section taken over by the opposing team's fans.

At least, (I think) UMKC doesn't have any students that really care much about the bball team, so we don't have to worry about this happening for the next game.

It would have been fun to punch one of those STD-ridden SMSU douches in the face. I was really pissed that they overtook the student section. From what I saw the students that were there did a great job of cheering and even drowning out the much larger SMS bloc on a few of the S-L-U chants. However, the students that are still in the St. Louis area that did not go to the game should be absolutely ashamed of having THEIR section taken over by the opposing team's fans.

At least, (I think) UMKC doesn't have any students that really care much about the bball team, so we don't have to worry about this happening for the next game.

Come on down to hoosier town next year RU. I will give you my seat location and we can see if we can get you some therapy. I'm sure being molested by a clergy member has been difficult for you. I see why Bernie M jumped on the Zo bandwagon. We will dance again....maybe you can hire Coach Maritn in a few years? Go Bears

Come on down to hoosier town next year RU. I will give you my seat location and we can see if we can get you some therapy. I'm sure being molested by a clergy member has been difficult for you. I see why Bernie M jumped on the Zo bandwagon. We will dance again....maybe you can hire Coach Maritn in a few years? Go Bears

After we own these guys for 39 and 1/2 minutes, they still come to our board.

I'm glad you admit that SMS is filled with hoosiers and that Coach Martin will be looking to leave for a better program in a few years. I'd rather not come to SMS because I don't want to contract chlamydia from one of those skanks that you have down there, so I'll pass on your offer.

"Zo" is a good coach and I'm glad Bernie wrote about his feel good story. Also from now on I wish SMS well because that will help SLU's RPI so I hope you do "dance again." Good luck in your future games.