SLU vs. Missouri State

showthebill

I watched a different game...SLU led 2-0 and 12-11 (off memory) and that's it. You have a good team, and gave a good effort.

Nothing to be ashamed of tonight from either team.

Bearvision, you're a fair poster and very agreeable. I enjoy getting under the skin of your fellow fans, even if I have no reasonable basis for my statements.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the hell off our message board. Congrats you won, act like you've been there before.

lol thats funny coming from you guys. Your boardies put SLU on Kansas and Kentucky level with all your delusional talk. Where are all those championship banners? Your right we have been there before. 17-6 against you guys? Hypocrite...

lol thats funny coming from you guys. Your boardies put SLU on Kansas and Kentucky level with all your delusional talk. Where are all those championship banners? Your right we have been there before. 17-6 against you guys? Hypocrite...

"Delusional"? That's a big word for an SMS grad!

Seriously? I have never seen anything comparing us to KU or UK! Did you get high on tractor fumes again?

I checked my facts and they said that was the best game SW Mo. St. ever had. Google it if you want.

It's actually a little comical that you can post that you like getting under their/our skin, and people still continue to fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

I'll say this: Both programs are doing Missouri proud with their basketball teams, and you guys are going to be a load for teams this year, and especially next year with some experience. I'm half looking forward to our series the next three years, half dreading it because I know your team will bring it in each game.

Willie Reed is legit...wait until the boy puts some weight on, and you could literally have a potential All-American.

It's actually a little comical that you can post that you like getting under their/our skin, and people still continue to fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

I'll say this: Both programs are doing Missouri proud with their basketball teams, and you guys are going to be a load for teams this year, and especially next year with some experience. I'm half looking forward to our series the next three years, half dreading it because I know your team will bring it in each game.

Willie Reed is legit...wait until the boy puts some weight on, and you could literally have a potential All-American.

I like this guy.

He gets it.

SLU got what they wanted in the first half, a physical game filled with fouls etc.

Bearvision, you seems like a rational poster and I'm glad there is at least one Bears fan that is not a total ******. However, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't think SLU wanted a ton of fouls or a physical game. Sure we play a physical game, but with such a short bench for this game we certainly did not want all of our players getting worn out and/or in foul trouble. I think b/c the game was so physical this is sort of what happened. I think SLU wins the game with Kmawain, but the fact is he didn't play and MO State won. At the end of the season when people look at the wins and loses for both teams most won't factor in that KM was out (which good for MO State if we play like I think we can with KM).

Bearvision, you seems like a rational poster and I'm glad there is at least one Bears fan that is not a total ******. However, I'm going to have to disagree with you. I don't think SLU wanted a ton of fouls or a physical game. Sure we play a physical game, but with such a short bench for this game we certainly did not want all of our players getting worn out and/or in foul trouble. I think b/c the game was so physical this is sort of what happened. I think SLU wins the game with Kmawain, but the fact is he didn't play and MO State won. At the end of the season when people look at the wins and loses for both teams most won't factor in that KM was out (which good for MO State if we play like I think we can with KM).

Good point on the depth, I'll withdraw that part. I think the part about Mitchell can be debated, mainly due to the fact Jordan played so well, and his minutes were way up due to the Mitchell injury (to the best of my knowledge anyway, from looking at your game logs). I honestly picked SLU in my game prediction thread prior to the Mitchell injury, so I don't think it's far fetched to think it's a win with Mitchell at all.

That said, MSU played very poorly (for how they had been playing this year anyway), and still won by 10. That is a fairly large swing to overcome from one player...he's good, I've watched SLU play twice, and he is quick, makes good decisions, and is pretty crafty. He made a nice pass against Georgia where he passed it to the middle while jumping out under the basket instead of to the wing like most players do, to a wide open Salecich (sp?) and I thought to myself, that kid can play.

Missouri State fans are just a little excited right now. We're normally used to winning quite a bit, but last year dampened that feeling, and we were picked to be poor again this year and are surprising. That tends to bring out "emotional" posts, that I am also a victim of from time to time. Most Bear fans are good guys, but like a lot of times, a few bad apples can spoil the lot.

Good point on the depth, I'll withdraw that part. I think the part about Mitchell can be debated, mainly due to the fact Jordan played so well, and his minutes were way up due to the Mitchell injury (to the best of my knowledge anyway, from looking at your game logs). I honestly picked SLU in my game prediction thread prior to the Mitchell injury, so I don't think it's far fetched to think it's a win with Mitchell at all.

That said, MSU played very poorly (for how they had been playing this year anyway), and still won by 10. That is a fairly large swing to overcome from one player...he's good, I've watched SLU play twice, and he is quick, makes good decisions, and is pretty crafty. He made a nice pass against Georgia where he passed it to the middle while jumping out under the basket instead of to the wing like most players do, to a wide open Salecich (sp?) and I thought to myself, that kid can play.

Missouri State fans are just a little excited right now. We're normally used to winning quite a bit, but last year dampened that feeling, and we were picked to be poor again this year and are surprising. That tends to bring out "emotional" posts, that I am also a victim of from time to time. Most Bear fans are good guys, but like a lot of times, a few bad apples can spoil the lot.

I did not think MO State played that poorly. Granted this is the first game of theirs I have seen this season, but they were very solid on defense IMO. I don't think SLU got very many easy shots. They probably didn't shoot the ball as well as they usually do, but SLU's defense is also very tough and I think you can attribute it to defense more than MO State playing poorly. They did have a few bad turnovers in the 1st half, but I think they cleaned that up in the 2nd half mostly and that was probably the difference.

Also you guys shot 86.7% from the FT line. I'm not sure what your usual % is, but that is tremendous.

Any time a team shoots poorly, I think you have to give credit to the defense, at least partially. There some bonehead plays by us, and some pts left out there. Believe me, the defense wil always be there under Coach Martin, but on offense we missed shots we haven't been this year. I cite the #10 ranking in 3 pt percentage only to show how we normally shoot it.

Most Bear fans agree this might be the worst we've played this year, but I'm admittedly seeing it through Bear goggles, and I'm sure SLU fans see mistakes from their club I'm not seeing.

I did not think MO State played that poorly. Granted this is the first game of theirs I have seen this season, but they were very solid on defense IMO. I don't think SLU got very many easy shots. They probably didn't shoot the ball as well as they usually do, but SLU's defense is also very tough and I think you can attribute it to defense more than MO State playing poorly. They did have a few bad turnovers in the 1st half, but I think they cleaned that up in the 2nd half mostly and that was probably the difference.

Also you guys shot 86.7% from the FT line. I'm not sure what your usual % is, but that is tremendous.

We diidn't play well on the offensive end. I think you can attribute that to the Bills defense. Zo has brought Purdue to MSU. If you don't play defense you sit next to him. We are very deep and every night someone else steps up. Get KM back and you guys will compete. Root for MSU and Zo. We have three kids from St. Louis and Sheer from Borgia on the way. Who knows? You guys already stole one coach from us. Go Bears and Cards

Any time a team shoots poorly, I think you have to give credit to the defense, at least partially. There some bonehead plays by us, and some pts left out there. Believe me, the defense wil always be there under Coach Martin, but on offense we missed shots we haven't been this year. I cite the #10 ranking in 3 pt percentage only to show how we normally shoot it.

Most Bear fans agree this might be the worst we've played this year, but I'm admittedly seeing it through Bear goggles, and I'm sure SLU fans see mistakes from their club I'm not seeing.

I think the Billikens are to be commended for keeping it close without their leader and leading scorer (before last night's game), however, I definitely would not call this a well played game by the Billikens. Shooting under 40% from the floor and much worse from 3 pt range doesn't exactly warm my heart. I guess that's what you get when you have to put 4 freshman on the court against a 9-0 team which we did last night. From Majerus' comments, I think he would put this near the top of the Billikens' worst played games so far this year.