Board Tone

SluSignGuy

Hey, Bishop -- beware of this guy. His kid started at SLU and transferred to ND. You probably saw him from time to time passed out under the Sorin statue with a bottle of 25-year-old Scotch. (Or perhaps both of them.)

i hope you are referring to seeing me under the Sorin statue, and not my youngest. i've got a file somewhere of all the the pix sent to me when i was inebriated. my girls started a facebook thingy for me; they called it "defacement book." i threatened a lawsuit against them and made them take it down.

again, best to you and yours Joe.

know what they call a phony SLU fan?

a counterfeit Bill.

Over the last couple of weeks some threads have seemed to digress into larger amounts of bickering / one on one non-basketball arguments.

I am not trying to be Billikan, but we had a good win Saturday, and I think most people come to this site for the basketball discussion, so lets try to keep threads on topic.

As you guys know, I hate moderating. And I don't want to lose good posters due to digressions of others like we have before.

Thank you. I was wondering why so many threads deteriorated into something other than basketball. I read the board for Billiken basketball news and sometimes the threads start off promising but some posters take them in a different direction. I know that I am a new poster but I am a long time billikenn fan (from the early 1960's) and I like to read information about Billiken basketball.

-i have heard of this ignore feature and now i have implemented and i expect my billikens.com time to improve

-steve - any stats on who the most ignored members are? that could be fun and send a message to shape up (bad phrase i realize)

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 5'6" 190lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Just thought I would point out a handy feature of the board software that may fix problems if you can't help yourself replying to certain poster. You can ignore them and their posts won't show up.

To ignore a poster, click on their username and click view profile

Posted Image

Then in their profile click on the "Options" drop down menu on the left and click ignore user

Posted Image

This may solve some problems..

Steve with some subliminal instruction?!

Just thought I would point out a handy feature of the board software that may fix problems if you can't help yourself replying to certain poster. You can ignore them and their posts won't show up.

Posted Image

Then in their profile click on the "Options" drop down menu on the left and click ignore user

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since you're new, you may not know that SluSignGuy is the head honcho around here. As moderators, Nark and I can crack the whip, but SignGuy can pull the plug.

I'm not saying that to threaten you, but I'm just letting you know the hierarchy.

Thicks, why don't you run up to him from behind and knock him into a press table. Then I'll applaud you! :rolleyes:

good. keep him. west of the gateway arch preferably.

good luck billikens!

Gruehls — good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger.

You do know, though, that Belleville (which made national news because of the black kids wailing on an innocent white kid on the school bus — perhaps you got wind of that) is on the east side of the Arch?

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 5'6" 190lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

I thought I asked you to knock off the tough talk. And don't leap: no one was referring to your mom, whom none of us knows. We will, however, occasionally make fat jokes about the head coach or the local columnist.

Gruehls — good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger.

You do know, though, that Belleville (which made national news because of the black kids wailing on an innocent white kid on the school bus — perhaps you got wind of that) is on the east side of the Arch?

howdy brother Thicks.

my best wishes to you and yours, as well as to all the good guys i've already engaged.

it is of zero comfort to me to read about high schoolers repeating the idiocy of foregoing generation.

a joyful Christmas to you and yours. go Billikens, in all things except confrontations with UC.

be well,

g

Posted Image

Posted Image

I want to look away and ignore this user but it's like watching a train wreck and I just can't do it.

gruehls shows up when the bearcats are making a comeback. coincidence? doubt it. gruehls, your boy naticat is pumping the bearcats again as well. you guys are too fair weathered. ;)

Over the last couple of weeks some threads have seemed to digress into larger amounts of bickering / one on one non-basketball arguments.

I am not trying to be Billikan, but we had a good win Saturday, and I think most people come to this site for the basketball discussion, so lets try to keep threads on topic.

As you guys know, I hate moderating. And I don't want to lose good posters due to digressions of others like we have before.

Hey Steve, thanks for trying to soothe the savage beasts. It is very irritating to try to see what the latest news is in Billikenland and have to wade through a couple of pages of bickering and name calling. I personally have limited my reading of posts to those that potentially provide insight and information. The language and tone has really gotten out of hand.

howdy brother Thicks.

my best wishes to you and yours, as well as to all the good guys i've already engaged.

it is of zero comfort to me to read about high schoolers repeating the idiocy of foregoing generation.

a joyful Christmas to you and yours. go Billikens, in all things except confrontations with UC.

be well,

g

We ought do a home and home with the cats. It seems the Bills are making an effort to schedule some lower level BCS teams. Cincy and Depaul from the Big East would be terrific.......

get a life, puny. get a comprehension of the english language while you're at it, or just get some crayons and a coloring book or 2, and avoid any keyboard. you thought your exercise regimen was meaningful to whom? wow! 5'6! your avatar looks like something swiped from tom cruise in "risky business."

now, to those who matter. Rich and Roy, one of you at least would like to see the resumption of a series with UC. i'd like to see that too. Roy, i actually stopped by to challenge the SLU gridiron all-stars to a game against the UC hoopsters. it'd be 11 on 5, but UC would still win by a few TDs.

men, it's hell to be ranked #3 in the country, and staring down tebow in the Sugar Bowl.

steve and thicks, and 72, thnx for always being good sports.

oh, and Roy, let me know how many UC/Sugar Bowl tees you'd like.

best for the holidays to Billikens everywhere.

g