Board Tone

SluSignGuy

Over the last couple of weeks some threads have seemed to digress into larger amounts of bickering / one on one non-basketball arguments.

I am not trying to be Billikan, but we had a good win Saturday, and I think most people come to this site for the basketball discussion, so lets try to keep threads on topic.

As you guys know, I hate moderating. And I don't want to lose good posters due to digressions of others like we have before.

agree, go BILLS!! one at a time baby, and im new around here so a big Hello to all

Since you're new, you may not know that SluSignGuy is the head honcho around here. As moderators, Nark and I can crack the whip, but SignGuy can pull the plug.

I'm not saying that to threaten you, but I'm just letting you know the hierarchy.

I agree, SLUSignGuy. Typically, I am one of those 'lurkers' who just gets on the board so I can get information but never participates in the discussions. It is pretty apparent from my point of view that the board is getting hijacked by a couple of posters with ulterior motives.

This may be a new record for least-time-until-banned. :)

What is it that the new poster has done that is so horrible? For the most part it seems like people are attacking him because of his photo and comments he's made about himself. He has defended himself but I must have missed where he attacked anybody without reason. Am I missing something?

What is it that the new poster has done that is so horrible? For the most part it seems like people are attacking him because of his photo and comments he's made about himself. He has defended himself but I must have missed where he attacked anybody without reason. Am I missing something?

Yeah, you're not supposed to post your body fat content. Sorry, Steve, I couldn't resist since it's Postcard from Columbia. But agree totally the topics many times turn into talking smack sessions.

no your not and you hit the nail on the head.

the Fan boys can seem to handle it, found that out in my first post in which I explained I thought Willie improved immensily but had a long way to go before he was NBA ready, and you would have though I dropped a bomb on hiroshima lol

Rah Rah go team is the deal goin on around here, but im above the flaming

and just for the record, im a real person, never have been a member here in the past

Yes, you're missing something, as now is this thread. The offending image was quickly taken down. Unfortunately, I don't think I cached it.

I did miss it. It was an inappropriate image posted by the new member? What was it?

no it was not(internet tough guy sitting at coputer pic), took it down because I would rather refrein from e-name calling from here on out, just classless im above all that

Just thought I would point out a handy feature of the board software that may fix problems if you can't help yourself replying to certain poster. You can ignore them and their posts won't show up.

To ignore a poster, click on their username and click view profile

Posted Image

Then in their profile click on the "Options" drop down menu on the left and click ignore user

Posted Image

This may solve some problems..

Just thought I would point out a handy feature of the board software that may fix problems if you can't help yourself replying to certain poster. You can ignore them and their posts won't show up.

To ignore a poster, click on their username and click view profile

Posted Image

Then in their profile click on the "Options" drop down menu on the left and click ignore user

Posted Image

This may solve some problems..

HIGHF#$%INGFIVE.

HIGH######INGFIVE.

been awhile ladies and gents.

hey, youse guys start football, we'll put you on the schedule.

i read this thread and wondered "who the heck is pushing this train wreck?"

just pondering; how did this board accumulate the detritus of juvenile maunderings boards?

once upon a time, there was nothing here but the best and the brightest a jesuit education offered.

where did all the old-timers go? glad that gruehls the youngest isn't exposed to such effrontery any longer!

on a serious note, best holiday wishes to all of my once-upon-a-time SLU friends. run the table in that league with XU.

My favorite opposing team poster!

We started football, the first forward pass was by a Billiken. I think your club uses it a 'bit. Good luck in New Orleans

Hey now, I think we put you on the Billikens.com t-shirt

just pondering; how did this board accumulate the detritus of juvenile maunderings boards?

once upon a time, there was nothing here but the best and the brightest a jesuit education offered.

We still got Roy...

where did all the old-timers go? glad that gruehls the youngest isn't exposed to such effrontery any longer!

Didn't you hear? It's Taj's b-day. We still got the old guys around

on a serious note, best holiday wishes to all of my once-upon-a-time SLU friends. run the table in that league with XU.

You too good sir. Don't be such a stranger.

Hey, Bishop -- beware of this guy. His kid started at SLU and transferred to ND. You probably saw him from time to time passed out under the Sorin statue with a bottle of 25-year-old Scotch. (Or perhaps both of them.)

My favorite opposing team poster!

my favorite opposing team admin.

are we still opposing anythings?

We started football, the first forward pass was by a Billiken. I think your club uses it a 'bit. Good luck in New Orleans

let me guess; it was intercepted and never attempted again.

but yeah, the Bearcats are inclined towards the occasional downfield toss.

Hey now, I think we put you on the Billikens.com t-shirt

i bought my way onto that eminently forgettable fashion abomination.

We still got Roy...

good. keep him. west of the gateway arch preferably.

Didn't you hear? It's Taj's b-day. We still got the old guys around

i saw that. i reckon that contributed to my resurrection here. taj old dog, happy b-day.

You too good sir. Don't be such a stranger.

thnx Steve. just keep that '72 goof away from my skyline stash.

good luck billikens!