Iowa State prediction.

bauman

If I were a gambling man (I'm not), I would wager that Iowa St. will win, but I highly doubt the Cyclones score in the 80s. SLU is too staunch defensively for that, and Billikens games aren't played at a very fast pace, for the most part.

The first team to 70 will win, but I wouldn't bet that either team will score over 69.

You very well could be right. Never know. But Iowa State's offense is very explosive this year.

You could hold Brackins to 6 points tonight and 70 points still wouldn't be a problem in most games.

biggest defensive game of willie reed's life thus far. brackins goes off it is a long night. hold him to mortal numbers we got a chance.

biggest defensive game of willie reed's life thus far. brackins goes off it is a long night. hold him to mortal numbers we got a chance.

And, of course, it will depend on the totally random variable of how fouls get called. If they're called the same way Conklin got two fouls in about 60 seconds in the MVSU game, we're hosed. I don't particularly like our chances head-to-head in a very physical game where the refs let 'em play (this actually happened a little in one of our early games), but if Willie can gut it out and give us 25-30 minutes (and Conklin is relatively healthy, which I don't think he's been all year) -- maybe. Plus there's the completely annoying officiating approach where the team that's expected to be aggressive is assumed to have better athletes and therefore gets more of the 50/50 calls. Again, then we're hosed.

The other variable is our 3-point game, especially in a foreign arena. Offensively, as good as he looked Sunday, Willie ain't gonna pull all those moves against a tall-and-good defense. From the outside, I'm hoping we continue to channel the Clags-Highmark-H era.

Overall, I'd expect the first half to be close, but we pull away in the second half due to a deeper bench and athleticism.

You are more experienced and probably a little deeper. I don't think you are that much more athletic. This Billiken team has more athletes than we have had in years