Iowa State prediction.

bauman

Wow, this is amazing. Two weeks into the year and most of the posters on this Board are holding hands and singing, "We are the World." Glad BB has finally started.

Here's my prediction on Friday's game arrived at using a bottoms-up approach. Really, I have not worked through this and do NOT know where I'll wind up.

Frontcourt (3, 4 and 5) I. St. + 14

Backcourt (1 & 2) SLU + 8

Coaching SLU + 4

Experience I. St. + 6

First "Away" game I. St. + 6

____ ____

+ 26 + 12

Final Iowa State to win by ----------- 14-----------

I will apologize upfront to Billikan, if this seems "negative."

Wow, this is amazing. Two weeks into the year and most of the posters on this Board are holding hands and singing, "We are the World." Glad BB has finally started.

Here's my prediction on Friday's game arrived at using a bottoms-up approach. Really, I have not worked through this and do NOT know where I'll wind up.

Coaching SLU + 4

Experience I. St. + 6

____ ____

+ 26 + 12

Sounds about right to me. Their size and depth and experience will be tough for us to deal with--we have a chance for an upset only if we shoot lights out and keep our turnovers to 8 or less and we have the entire team down to JJ rebound like madmen!

Coaching SLU + 4

Experience I. St. + 6

____ ____

+ 26 + 12

Sorry for the way this looks---it was not the way I typed it. I had separate columns for the IS points and the SLU points. What happened Steve/Thicks/nark?

I had this down as a loss before the season and unfortunately I think we still lose. ISU 70 SLU 61, but I think if our shooters start hitting early and Conklin and Willie stay out of foul trouble we can win this game. There is a decent chance we pull this out. We are not as overmatched heading into this game as I thought we would be.

We have looked good this year, solid team play, and have shot better than expectations, but on the road I do not expect the same shooting %.

Realistically, they have a tall frontline and I fear foul trouble with our 2 bigs, Ia State to prevail by a few points, I'll say 72-67.

Sorry for the way this looks---it was not the way I typed it. I had separate columns for the IS points and the SLU points. What happened Steve/Thicks/nark?

Not sure, but in the future, it may be easier to do things within Code tags (Above the posting form, click the button on the far right under fonts

Team	 Points	   Reb
SLU		 100		 20
Iowa		 80		  2

Also, use preview post to see how it looks before you post

Billikens by 2

I love your optimism. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the others. I think this is a GREAT learning experience (including the next game), but I see a tough loss as experience and a monster front court wreak havoc. Iowa St. by 21.

Billikens are going to win this...

They believe that they can win... more than Iowa State believes that they will lose... neutral site... and lots of turkey makes all the difference...

I Billieve

I'll say Cyclones by 7, but I think the Bills will give them a fight all game until the bigs wear them down late.

Well, I'd hate to brag... But, ISU is currently 3rd in the nation in 3-pt FG percentage at about 53%, 4th in the nation in FG percentage at about 54%, and 6th in the nation at 3 pointers made, averaging 9.2/game and a total of 46.

It really helps to have both an inside threat with our bigs and our perimeter shooting ability. If you can't guard both, then the one you can't guard will be the one to kill you.

That being said, I think you guys keep it close for the first half and we begin to pull away the second with our deeper bench.

Well, I'd hate to brag... But, ISU is currently 3rd in the nation in 3-pt FG percentage at about 53%, 4th in the nation in FG percentage at about 54%, and 6th in the nation at 3 pointers made, averaging 9.2/game and a total of 46.

It really helps to have both an inside threat with our bigs and our perimeter shooting ability. If you can't guard both, then the one you can't guard will be the one to kill you.

That being said, I think you guys keep it close for the first half and we begin to pull away the second with our deeper bench.

I fear the win streak is over.... ISU 78 SLU 63, Cyclones have too much firepower especially up front.

SLU is only allowing 37.6% from 2 and 22.4% from 3. Should make for an interesting game. B)

I think the wild card is the whole neutral-court holiday-tournament thang, which frequently leads to some weirdo results. Clearly Northwestern and Notre Dame have the pseudo-home-court edge for this tournament, but luckily they're playing each other to start. We may not have played on the road yet this year, but Iowa State's only away game so far was all of 30 miles away, and I'd bet there was a significant Cyclone-fan presence at that one, even more than the SIU presence at our old SavTrade games.

I don't think we're going to have a significant fan base there, but I don't think they will, either. (What say you on this, cydave? How many of y'all do you expect to be there? And when did your team leave for Chicago to get to this tourney?)

I don't think we're going to have a significant fan base there, but I don't think they will, either.

Timmerman said in his blog that SLU sold out its allotment of tickets for this thing. I'm not sure that really means much because the allotment might be a pretty small number, but it leads me to believe there will at least be a decent number of SLU fans there. Probably not enough to make any difference against Northwestern or ND, but against Iowa State the number of fans for each team might be more even.

Hello ISU fan here. Lookin forward to the game tomorrow. Should be a good one.

This will be a good game for both teams to really see where they're at. For the predictions..your probably not going to hold Iowa State in the 60's. Just too many scorers.

I could see you guys makin it a real good game tomorrow. But I hope not.

Good luck.

82-71 isu

Hello ISU fan here. Lookin forward to the game tomorrow. Should be a good one.

This will be a good game for both teams to really see where they're at. For the predictions..your probably not going to hold Iowa State in the 60's. Just too many scorers.

I could see you guys makin it a real good game tomorrow. But I hope not.

Good luck.

82-71 isu

If I were a gambling man (I'm not), I would wager that Iowa St. will win, but I highly doubt the Cyclones score in the 80s. SLU is too staunch defensively for that, and Billikens games aren't played at a very fast pace, for the most part.

The first team to 70 will win, but I wouldn't bet that either team will score over 69.

I think the wild card is the whole neutral-court holiday-tournament thang, which frequently leads to some weirdo results. Clearly Northwestern and Notre Dame have the pseudo-home-court edge for this tournament, but luckily they're playing each other to start. We may not have played on the road yet this year, but Iowa State's only away game so far was all of 30 miles away, and I'd bet there was a significant Cyclone-fan presence at that one, even more than the SIU presence at our old SavTrade games.

I don't think we're going to have a significant fan base there, but I don't think they will, either. (What say you on this, cydave? How many of y'all do you expect to be there? And when did your team leave for Chicago to get to this tourney?)

Lots and lots of Iowa fandom inChicago, more Hawkeye and than Cyclone but plenty nonetheless. Good thing SLU isn't playing Michigan or Michigan St., or it would be tons of UM or MSU fans. Chicago is Big Ten Country, all schools, and anything Iowa, including St.

I would imagine there are a decent number of ISU fans there. A lot of ISU alumni live in the Chicago area and there are some big expectations this season. It's only about a 4 hour drive from central Iowa and I know of a lot of people who are spending the weekend in Chicago for this tournament.

Both of our teams are undefeated so there's no reason why our fanbases shouldn't be confident. I'm not sure what kind of pace your team plays at, but we like to push the tempo and get fast break points. We usually apply full court pressure and try to force a lot of turnovers. With our athleticism and depth, we can afford to run at a faster pace and sub a lot without a drop off in talent. I'm really hoping Dendy plays this weekend, as we could use his quickness and length.

Overall, I'd expect the first half to be close, but we pull away in the second half due to a deeper bench and athleticism.