Kennesaw State

KSUFAN1

I am a Kennesaw fan and I was wondering what you guys think the final score will look like tomorrow. How does your team this year compare to the one we played in 05?

We are a much younger team than in 05 but more talented. Much better PG play. While we don't have a center like we did then we are much better overall across the frontline.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed you had a young team but seeing how well you played against Nebraska you clearly have talent. Our team is also much more talented than it was when we played you in 2005. That was our first year of the Division I transition period and the NCAA would not allow us hold onto many of our D-2 players. We had a make shift line up. I am just hoping our team can compete and not get blown out by 15 +. We are green this year as well.

A tried and true strategy against the Billikens over the years has been to pack it in on defense and guard the one shooter we put on the floor. Kevin Lisch, Reggie Bryant, et alia. Not since the 90s with H Waldman, Highmark, and Claggett have the Billikens fielded multiple outside threats. Nebraska seemed to try that strategy of packing it in and it looked like a smart move at first. Cassity threw up an air ball and one that barely drew iron in quick succession then a funny thing happened. A variety of players starting hitting 3s. This year we have no outstanding shooter. We have a bunch of guys who I think are streaky outside shooters. But we seem to have enough of them that (A) the other team doesn't know who to guard on the perimeter and ( B ) at any one time somebody on the floor will be hot. Last game the guys generated the best ball movement I've seen from a Billikens team in years. The offense generated a bunch of open looks. It's still an open question whether we can actually knock those shots down on consistent basis.

To KSU Fan, not to change the subject, do you know much about Georgia? We play them in Athens on 12/2. I live near Peachtree City and plan to go to the game. Is it hard to get tickets? I was planning to buy one just at the door.

You will be able to buy one at the door. They are not a very strong program. I believe they lost to Wofford.

To KSU Fan, not to change the subject, do you know much about Georgia? We play them in Athens on 12/2. I live near Peachtree City and plan to go to the game. Is it hard to get tickets? I was planning to buy one just at the door.

I watched a little of the Georgia vs UAB game last night, Al on CS South. They appear athletic and have some muscle guys up front. A big kid, Tomlins(?) looked pretty good... a good test for WR's defense and toughness. They didn't appear to have much of a perimiter game and their spacing on offense looked a lot like ours the past 3-4 years. Hopefully, with his own kids in there RM has solved this problem as the observations from the Neb game would suggest. We're going to have our hands full to win on the road against this squad. This is not to say they are tourney material or top 25 by any stretch, but they are big and athletic. You're living in GA now? Man, for a Yankee you are making the ultimate southern road trip, aren't you?

I watched a little of the Georgia vs UAB game last night, Al on CS South. They appear athletic and have some muscle guys up front. A big kid, Tomlins(?) looked pretty good... a good test for WR's defense and toughness. They didn't appear to have much of a perimiter game and their spacing on offense looked a lot like ours the past 3-4 years. Hopefully, with his own kids in there RM has solved this problem as the observations from the Neb game would suggest. We're going to have our hands full to win on the road against this squad. This is not to say they are tourney material or top 25 by any stretch, but they are big and athletic. You're living in GA now? Man, for a Yankee you are making the ultimate southern road trip, aren't you?

Yea Larry, this gypsy life should be finally over with my recent retirement and now just doing government contract work. The opportunities for this are a little better in the Atlanta metro area.

Are you going to the Charlotte game? I am not certain yet. May have to attend some training that week. I really like to make it. I see that the Charlotte area alums are planning a reception prior to the game.