OT: Midtown Development

Pistol

18 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Not the perfect place for this, but there's an article in The Atlantic this morning which pertains to SLU and its recent efforts recruiting prospective students:

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2017/04/how-colleges-find-their-students/522516/?utm_source=atltw

As a result, colleges are beginning to search for alternatives to the traditional route of finding potential students by buying their names. Some have turned to a Louisville, Kentucky,-based company, Capture Higher Ed, that tracks how prospective students use university websites. Using a unique email link sent to prospective students or personal information they provide on a college’s web site, Capture’s software can tell universities what web pages were visited, how often, and what prospective students did before and after.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

In that case, my hopes are for it to be (a) a good microbrewery and (b) one in a currently inconvenient location that causes me to not go there.

Yes. Yes. 

2 hours ago, BillsNBrews1818 said:

Hmm. My thoughts are that Civil Life and 4 Hands would be good candidates then between existing popularity and room for expansion. Not sure if the guys at Civil Life are interested in scaling up, but I bet they could.

No. 

OK, I'll stop being coy, inasmuch as I can. I've talked directly to one of the companies that are in negotiations with the Armory project. I also know for a fact that this company has collaborated with another of the three companies, so I take them at their word about the identity of the second company in negotiations. I know that they're friends with the third company, so I also take them at their word about the identity of the third company.

None of the microbrewers mentioned so far are on the list that I saw. And there may be another food/drink business added. 

Clearly, that's pretty much all I can say, because I've probably narrowed the list of potential craft brewers too much already. :)

13 minutes ago, BillsNBrews1818 said:

Six Mile Bridge is a good call. Perennial would be awesome, but they seem a little artsy for this location. 

Six Mile Bridge is in such a weird/lousy location, almost like an industrial strip mall.  I sooooo wish they would move somewhere urban.

2 minutes ago, bonwich said:

OK, I'll stop being coy, inasmuch as I can. I've talked directly to one of the companies that are in negotiations with the Armory project. I also know for a fact that this company has collaborated with another of the three companies, so I take them at their word about the identity of the second company in negotiations. I know that they're friends with the third company, so I also take them at their word about the identity of the third company.

None of the microbrewers mentioned so far are on the list that I saw. And there may be another food/drink business added. 

Clearly, that's pretty much all I can say, because I've probably narrowed the list of potential craft brewers too much already. :)

That was a kind elaboration, thanks. Googling microbrewery chocolatier collaborations in St. Louis returns more results than one would think...

16 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Six Mile Bridge is in such a weird/lousy location, almost like an industrial strip mall.  I sooooo wish they would move somewhere urban.

Yeah, but for those of us who live out in Stepford, it's our neighborhood industrial strip mall. More to the point, it sets up a nice little crawl among it, O'Fallon and Standard. Some of us can only be hip in the context of replacement, something that's immediately adjacent to our version of man buns. 

This post may be beyond the scope of Midtown:

I am moving to Saint Louis this summer for the first time. What are some good bars/restaurants that consistently show away Billiken games?

I will be living near Forest Park close to the history museum. I will also spend much of my time near SLU. Suggestions in either of those areas are welcome!

52 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

I am moving to Saint Louis this summer for the first time. What are some good bars/restaurants that consistently show away Billiken games?

I will be living near Forest Park close to the history museum. I will also spend much of my time near SLU. Suggestions in either of those areas are welcome!

Unfortunately i believe most are on fox sports Midwest. But some games can only be streamed online. Hopefully we get hype over the summer and get tv deals

18 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

The Post in Maplewood is fairly close.  You're not that far from the Fieldhouse once forest park parkway opens back up. The bartender at Fitz's always has the Bills on. 

18 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Any game carried on FSMW  is available on FSGO app if you or a someone you know has a cable log in.

• 2 weeks later...