Ellis IS on campus

TheBand

Friend of mine spoke with another player on Sunday. He told him that Cody Ellis is on campus and has been since Thursday. One can only assume he has been attending classes as well.

And for those with doubt... I'm usually pretty reliable with my information. To each his own, I guess.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the friend. I spoke face to face with a player Sunday night, and asked if he had any news about Ellis, to which he replied that he is here, and "is gonna start working out with the team tomorrow." (Monday). I then asked when Ellis got in, and he said late Thursday night, which means he probably didn't go to classes Friday, but I would imagine he started today. So, either I'm right, and Cody is in fact on campus, or a player is intentionally spreading a false story, which would make absolutely no sense IMO

Like I said, I really would love to believe you, or whatever player you spoke to, but at the same time, I really like the chances that I'm right on this one. I'm more confident Cody isn't at SLU than I am that Cutler threw 4 interceptions last night.

Just curious. How can you be so sure of a negative?

This could be one of those situations where everyone is right. The initial poster honestly posted something that he truly heard (but which may not be correct).... Personally, if CE has been on campus since Thursday and possibly attended class yesterday (normal school day, right?), got to believe there would have be alot of reports/confirmation that he is on campus.

You go from 100% not true, to pretty confident. So what you are saying, is that you don't know.

Cody Ellis: the Sasquatch of the Frost Campus.

Somebody try to get some footage of this guy on West Pine.

Cody Ellis: the Sasquatch of the Frost Campus.

Somebody try to get some footage of this guy on West Pine.

This board has its fair share of "in the know posters." If he'd been here since last Thursday they would have reported on it by now. Not calling the guy who posted this a rumor monger, or worse just some jerk trying to get a rise out of us, but I'm doubting CE's on campus. Too many others, who've established themselves over the years, would have been all over this at least by last Friday. I think your friend is pulling your chain, or we have a player who likes to stir the pot.

This board has its fair share of "in the know posters." If he'd been here since last Thursday they would have reported on it by now. Not calling the guy who posted this a rumor monger, or worse just some jerk trying to get a rise out of us, but I'm doubting CE's on campus. Too many others, who've established themselves over the years, would have been all over this at least by last Friday. I think your friend is pulling your chain, or we have a player who likes to stir the pot.

For the record, I don't know anyone who has posted in this thread and have no insight as to who is on campus, as I live in Ohio.

Please report all Cody Ellis sightings to the Discovery Channel and National Geographic; both will pay top dollar for original photographs.

Seriously, though, does this kid have a Facebook page we can stalk? Is he on Twitter?

You go from 100% not true, to pretty confident. So what you are saying, is that you don't know.

No, know he isn't here. I haven't posted much since last season ended; I forgot how important every single word is to the meaning of your sentence on a message board. Didn't mean to convey my position changed from 100% at all.

I think Clock is probably right...Maybe what EReeves said is true, or maybe someone in that conversation misunderstood what was being said, but Cody Ellis is not on Saint Louis University's campus.

Done:

Posted Image

Well, he's bigger than I thought. Isn't this what we've been waiting for all these years.... a big athletic slashing PF? This guy will terrorize the A-10. We're a lock for the dance and I can see us going all the way. Hell, just station him near the basket on D and let him just stand there. Who's gonna knock him off those size 36 feet? No one.

No, know he isn't here. I haven't posted much since last season ended; I forgot how important every single word is to the meaning of your sentence on a message board. Didn't mean to convey my position changed from 100% at all.

I think Clock is probably right...Maybe what EReeves said is true, or maybe someone in that conversation misunderstood what was being said, but Cody Ellis is not on Saint Louis University's campus.

bbhayes, you said you're reasoning was Billiken intuition. Really, you're disputing it because you gave a gut feeling?

Band's been posting here a long time and doesn't post bs, I'd say if he trusts his friend, I'd lean toward believing him

From 2 sources: this is a false rumor. Sorry, boys. Not happening yet.

Plausible explanation: Kyle Kelm arrived on campus Thursday. Approximately same height and weight as CE, w/ light hair.

Could this explain how the friend /team member made a very bad error??

My, how the rumors fly about, like hummingbirds!!!!

bbhayes, you said you're reasoning was Billiken intuition. Really, you're disputing it because you gave a gut feeling?

Band's been posting here a long time and doesn't post bs, I'd say if he trusts his friend, I'd lean toward believing him

You're right, that was my reasoning to you all. But no, I'm not disputing it just because of a gut feeling. I'm not that stupid.

If I was begging anyone to believe me I would give more information, but I'm not. I don't care if you guys do believe me or don't. I just felt I needed to post in this thread before everyone started doing

celebrations around their cubicles this morning and then got on eBay to check for Cody Ellis replica jerseys.

Seems like all the evidence in the world suggests he is NOT on campus.

1) Nobody else has seen Ellis on campus. Its supposedly been 4 days so I doubt he would sit in his dorm room all weekend.

2) He's not registered on SLU's website

3) The source was a friend talking to a player. Who knows what was misunderstood, who was drinking what, but its not exactly rock solid.

4) BHayes is very confident in his comments (the intuition thing seemed like a joke to me).

5) There has been no word from the NCAA.

Seems like all the evidence in the world suggests he is NOT on campus.

1) Nobody else has seen Ellis on campus. Its supposedly been 4 days so I doubt he would sit in his dorm room all weekend.

2) He's not registered on SLU's website

3) The source was a friend talking to a player. Who knows what was misunderstood, who was drinking what, but its not exactly rock solid.

4) BHayes is very confident in his comments (the intuition thing seemed like a joke to me).

5) There has been no word from the NCAA.

And it's item number 5 that is really pi**ing me off! If this was a Calipari recruit the NCAA would have sent their private jet to Perth to pick him up and on the flight here let him take a correspondence course for the credit! Give us a break for cripes sake!

You're right, that was my reasoning to you all. But no, I'm not disputing it just because of a gut feeling. I'm not that stupid.

If I was begging anyone to believe me I would give more information, but I'm not. I don't care if you guys do believe me or don't. I just felt I needed to post in this thread before everyone started doing

celebrations around their cubicles this morning and then got on eBay to check for Cody Ellis replica jerseys.
Which is fine, if you don't want to give your source. However, when you post your source is BIlliken intuition ....

What surprises me is that Band said he talked to one of the players on the team - surely the player knew what Ellis looked like and if he did not see him personally, whoever else on the team had to have at least met the kid so I am very confused by all this. I understand that Dr. B says it is false and I would assume he has friends in places who can check this out and as far as the web page thing - I place very little credence in that - given my experience with data bases they are only as good as the person who is suppose to keep them updated. What has crossed my mine is that Ellis could be here and might very well have unofficially enrolled - may not have signed the grant papers or whatever you have to do once school starts and you are not yet approved by the NCAA. He may very well be simply waiting for the final OK from the NCAA so he does not have to sign the grant papers - who knows. I would not dismiss this post by Band so simply - let Band do some follow up work to see what exactly is happening - at least that is what I would do if I was him. Just seems so odd that a player would make up such a thing - has anybody thought to go to the pick up practice and see for themselves one way or the other?

What surprises me is that Band said he talked to one of the players on the team - surely the player knew what Ellis looked like and if he did not see him personally, whoever else on the team had to have at least met the kid so I am very confused by all this. I understand that Dr. B says it is false and I would assume he has friends in places who can check this out and as far as the web page thing - I place very little credence in that - given my experience with data bases they are only as good as the person who is suppose to keep them updated. What has crossed my mine is that Ellis could be here and might very well have unofficially enrolled - may not have signed the grant papers or whatever you have to do once school starts and you are not yet approved by the NCAA. He may very well be simply waiting for the final OK from the NCAA so he does not have to sign the grant papers - who knows. I would not dismiss this post by Band so simply - let Band do some follow up work to see what exactly is happening - at least that is what I would do if I was him. Just seems so odd that a player would make up such a thing - has anybody thought to go to the pick up practice and see for themselves one way or the other?

Actually, Band talked to a friend, who claims to have talked to one of the players. The Band doesn't have first-hand info.