OT: Rickey Kreklow Commitment

CMA

Maybe because he was a slu recruit who had an offer, just a guess???? Just because he chose mizzou doesnt mean it should not be posted. If he chose Stanford you would not have even made the same post and that is fact.

He probably would have. Thicks is a Tiger fan too. He doesn't have the knee jerk anti-Mizzou reaction many of us have. Kerklow commiting to Mizzou really isn't suprising. His parents run the Mizzou volleyball program. It is just that this is not very suprising and nobody was expecting him to choose SLU.

way to flex your muscles, sheriff. ;)

Ever since some on this board have attacked Thicks for being too soft on some of the Mizzou fans and questioned his loyalty to the Bills, he's really gone out of his way to demonstrate what a bad ass he can be when it anything having to do with Mizzou is posted.

Ever since some on this board have attacked Thicks for being too soft on some of the Mizzou fans and questioned his loyalty to the Bills, he's really gone out of his way to demonstrate what a bad ass he can be when it anything having to do with Mizzou is posted.

Posty. Believe your off-base on this one. This is a SLU board and not a Mizzou Tigers board. So what if some fans like both programs. If that is your choice, then read both Boards or start your own SLU/Mizzou board.

Had this really been a SLU recruit who chose Mizzou over SLU, then the post would be fine. Instead, it appears to be a post only about Mizzou. In defense of Thicks, he actually errorred on the side of caution by being quite courteous in questioning the post instead of being a "bad ass" as you may think. His very first word was "Please..." Sorry, but monitors must sometimes say "no" and must control the threads. No one probably cares, but IMO, Thicks did a great job here and has been doing a great job.

Posty. Believe your off-base on this one. This is a SLU board and not a Mizzou Tigers board. So what if some fans like both programs. If that is your choice, then read both Boards or start your own SLU/Mizzou board.

Had this really been a SLU recruit who chose Mizzou over SLU, then the post would be fine. Instead, it appears to be a post only about Mizzou. In defense of Thicks, he actually errorred on the side of caution by being quite courteous in questioning the post instead of being a "bad ass" as you may think. His very first word was "Please..." Sorry, but monitors must sometimes say "no" and must control the threads. No one probably cares, but IMO, Thicks did a great job here and has been doing a great job.

He was a SLU recruit, end of story. Now if he is brought up on this board again, I could see if he might have an issue but that doesn't stop people on here from talking about ex SLU players like D. Lisch and B. Thompson(on non SLU players) and he doesn't seem to care about that.

He was a SLU recruit, end of story. Now if he is brought up on this board again, I could see if he might have an issue but that doesn't stop people on here from talking about ex SLU players like D. Lisch and B. Thompson(on non SLU players) and he doesn't seem to care about that.

Grow up. Why the harsh attack on Thicks? Krecklow apparently had an offer but since very little has been discussed about him, I didn't realize he had an offer and apparently neither did Thicks. Why are you trying to start?

Again, Thicks was courteous to the poster never showed anything that would make him a "bad ass" or indicate that he was"flexing his muscles, Sheriff" as our esteemed poster, Footes indicated.

Not that I think it will happen, but if Krecklow was a SLU recruit, then he would seem to be a valid topic for this or future threads like "why didn't we land him" (even though it appears quite clear why), how hard did we recruit him, etc. Just because kids go to another school doesn't make them off limits for all posts/threads. Blake Ahearn was a valid topic for years. Also, why wouldn't ex-SLU players also be valid topics. If you don't want to read about D. Lisch, etc. then don't read.

Grow up. Why the harsh attack on Thicks? Krecklow apparently had an offer but since very little has been discussed about him, I didn't realize he had an offer and apparently neither did Thicks. Why are you trying to start?

Again, Thicks was courteous to the poster never showed anything that would make him a "bad ass" or indicate that he was"flexing his muscles, Sheriff" as our esteemed poster, Footes indicated.

Not that I think it will happen, but if Krecklow was a SLU recruit, then he would seem to be a valid topic for this or future threads like "why didn't we land him" (even though it appears quite clear why), how hard did we recruit him, etc. Just because kids go to another school doesn't make them off limits for all posts/threads. Blake Ahearn was a valid topic for years. Also, why wouldn't ex-SLU players also be valid topics. If you don't want to read about D. Lisch, etc. then don't read.

It wasn't a harsh attack. It was merely my opinion that Thicks attitude has been swayed by some posters on here crying about him being too pro Mizzou. He has had to defend himself against those accusations before. That doesn't mean I think Thicks is a horrible person or a bad moderator but in this case I was merely point out that his threats of thread deletion were off base. If he was unclear about the recruiting of Krecklow he could have asked without threatening to first delete the thread.

I have no problem reading about non Slu players and ex SLU players alike. Other posters seem to get upset.

God bless.

It wasn't a harsh attack. It was merely my opinion that Thicks attitude has been swayed by some posters on here crying about him being too pro Mizzou. He has had to defend himself against those accusations before. That doesn't mean I think Thicks is a horrible person or a bad moderator but in this case I was merely point out that his threats of thread deletion were off base. If he was unclear about the recruiting of Krecklow he could have asked without threatening to first delete the thread.

I have no problem reading about non Slu players and ex SLU players alike. Other posters seem to get upset.

God bless.

I saw this kid play. Really good shooter. Nice court sense. Good passer. However, his athleticism is not real good. imo It will be interesting how he develops in college. Missouri is not recruiting to the level that I expected after their run. jmo

Guest BillikenReport

I saw this kid play. Really good shooter. Nice court sense. Good passer. However, his athleticism is not real good. imo It will be interesting how he develops in college. Missouri is not recruiting to the level that I expected after their run. jmo

Missouri and SLU were the first two schools to offer him a scholarship.

Agree with Combes' assessment. Kreklow is very talented. One thing that has held him back is that he's had injury problems and has had trouble staying healthy. I'm not sure how he fits with Mizzou's system, but at the least, I'd see him in the Matt Lawrence role with the Tigers for four years.

Wow, in your lame attempt to take a cheapshot at me you conveniently left out the fact that I had " ;) " after my post. If thicks can't take a joke, perhaps he should change his name on here to "thins".

If thicks has a problem with me, I'm sure he'll mention it directly to me. I'm sure this will disappoint you, but I don't think thicks needs your bodyguard services. You'll have to find some other outlet for your kevin costner/whitney houston fantasy. :P