Ranking the Recruiting Year

I have never liked how Clark Francis ranks classes by quantity over quality. For example, Duke recruited two very good players, but schools with four or five lower recruits are ranked higher.

And I really don't like his rankings when he forgets to include Illinois on his list. A very good 2009 class, too. :)

Its hard for me to get worked up about these rankings, especially when I know there is no chance he has seen our two Australians play. Consider, the Aussies were ranked with 3 points (100-300) and 2 points (300-1000 best players) yet they were 2 of the 3 highest scorers in a win against a USA team that featured a bunch of kids that next year at this time will be getting 10 or 8 points per his recruiting point system.

i guess marquette's not suffering without crean.

Its hard for me to get worked up about these rankings, especially when I know there is no chance he has seen our two Australians play. Consider, the Aussies were ranked with 3 points (100-300) and 2 points (300-1000 best players) yet they were 2 of the 3 highest scorers in a win against a USA team that featured a bunch of kids that next year at this time will be getting 10 or 8 points per his recruiting point system.

Guest BillikenReport

i guess marquette's not suffering without crean.

This has to be the only ranking anywhere that would rate Marquette's class ahead of Kentucky's.

We'll see how that works out this season.