SLU Basketball

courtside

Tommie had 13 points, 7 boards (4 OREB) and 6 assists last night. Pretty solid output. Of course I missed the entire damn game almost, but before the feed cut out, he hit two MONEY 20 footers back to back after making his defender look like a fool. And as someone pointed out, he'll be the only Billiken EVER to be Top 10 in points, rebounds and assists. Hats off.

Y'all got issues! And to think I once posted that this board was supposed to be family entertainment. :lol:

(And for those of you who want to question me, THESE are the kinds of things I would like to delete or moderate in some form, but I don't run this forum. I don't necessarily do what makes me happy.)

big surprise. good grief.

This thread has had almost 600 views and merely a few posts. SLU beats Duquesne and few were interested in that game nor recent others based on the board activity. I don't see much interest in SLU basketball here.

Perhaps it merely indicates a lack of interest in posting on the board in reacton to the game.

This thread has had almost 600 views and merely a few posts. SLU beats Duquesne and few were interested in that game nor recent others based on the board activity. I don't see much interest in SLU basketball here.

600 views is nothing; a lot of that number comes from non-human "activity" (i.e., search-engine spiders). Besides that, every time someone looks to see what new material has been added, it adds a view. There may not be but a few people who've even looked at the thread. Moreover, what does the number of views or the number of responses in this particular thread have to do with the overall interest in the team? The game-coverage thread for the Richmond game was the longest since we've been doing that (though I'll concede that the fact that the game went three extra periods contributed to that). That suggests that there's plenty of interest. Being interested in the Billikens doesn't necessitate clicking on courtside's "SLU Basketball" thread on billikens.com.

600 views is nothing; a lot of that number comes from non-human "activity" (i.e., search-engine spiders). Besides that, every time someone looks to see what new material has been added, it adds a view. There may not be but a few people who've even looked at the thread. Moreover, what does the number of views or the number of responses in this particular thread have to do with the overall interest in the team? The game-coverage thread for the Richmond game was the longest since we've been doing that (though I'll concede that the fact that the game went three extra periods contributed to that). That suggests that there's plenty of interest. Being interested in the Billikens doesn't necessitate clicking on courtside's "SLU Basketball" thread on billikens.com.

You need a vacation.

You are correct that views doesn't matter. No one was interested in any great lengths in the days up to and after the Dayton and Duquesne games imo, nor this one. I'd also add that number of posts in a game thread is also often the same few people that post repeatedly.

The lack of activity here imo shows there has definitely been a lack of interest in discussing basketball and SLU basketball to any depths. You can hold a different opinion all you like. I didn't say that Billiken interest had to be in that thread, I used it as an example, of the greater issue of lack of interest.

SLU does some things well, progress is made, and perhaps that bothers some people, who knows?

The enthusiasm is there, its just that some posters have made the experience very negative and some regulars are choosing not to post or reducing their volume. I've even seen long time posters like Thicks and Billikenroy being the subject of such heavy criticism and ridicule and they are were here from very beginning and a part of this board being what it is today and its truly sad that it doesnt appear, at least to me, that they can post freely.

Explain, please.

This team has matured significantly over the past four or five games. Certainly the growth this entire season is evident.

You are preaching to the choir.

I merely started a thread or threads trying to bring interest in SLU opponents and SLU's team/play.

My question was simply asking that perhaps some people here aren't as interested or as pleased that progress is being made.

As my post stated, SLU has been doing some things well, making progress, etc..and perhaps that doesn't fit well some people? I don't know.

You need a vacation.

You are correct that views doesn't matter. No one was interested in any great lengths in the days up to and after the Dayton and Duquesne games imo, nor this one. I'd also add that number of posts in a game thread is also often the same few people that post repeatedly.

The lack of activity here imo shows there has definitely been a lack of interest in discussing basketball and SLU basketball to any depths. You can hold a different opinion all you like. I didn't say that Billiken interest had to be in that thread, I used it as an example, of the greater issue of lack of interest.

SLU does some things well, progress is made, and perhaps that bothers some people, who knows?

You are one strange dude court.

Well, you seem to have some kind of bizarre conspiracy notion that SLU's improvement is turning posters off.

I believe more people post when there is something to complain about, yes. I also believe that some posters here do not have the current program's success and progress at the top of their wish lists. I don't find that bizarre at all. It certainly isn't everyone of course.

I believe more people post when there is something to complain about, yes. I also believe that some posters here do not have the current program's success and progress at the top of their wish lists. I don't find that bizarre at all. It certainly isn't everyone of course.

You really need to get over yourself, man. Oh, I get it, you're the one erudite poster among a bunch of nitwits. Or at least that's what you think.

Maybe no one is really interested in responding to you.

Now, feel free to go back to your conspiracy theories.

I would agree that people tend to want to complain rather than praise. Perhaps someone should just start a thread about SLU basketball with some insightful observation and maybe others would chime in.

OK I will start. TL's focus this year on his defense has probably had an effect on his scoring. I would assert that for the team, his overall play has helped us more then when he was primarily a scorer. For him, this new development of his overall game might very well help him play professionally some where once he graduates. Maybe this is not as insightful as some would wish but you got to start some where.

I would agree that people tend to want to complain rather than praise. Perhaps someone should just start a thread about SLU basketball with some insightful observation and maybe others would chime in.

OK I will start. TL's focus this year on his defense has probably had an effect on his scoring. I would assert that for the team, his overall play has helped us more then when he was primarily a scorer. For him, this new development of his overall game might very well help him play professionally some where once he graduates. Maybe this is not as insightful as some would wish but you got to start some where.

Great point. I remember in the GDT somebody took a shot at TLIII asking what has he brought to the game. I felt obliged to point out he was probably our leading rebonder at that point. He really isn't getting the credit he deserves for his play this season. He has been our best all-around player this season.

Great point. I remember in the GDT somebody took a shot at TLIII asking what has he brought to the game. I felt obliged to point out he was probably our leading rebonder at that point. He really isn't getting the credit he deserves for his play this season. He has been our best all-around player this season.

People really dont undertstand all that tomie brings to the game. And to whoever said we should take him out, no offense to these guys but do you really think PE or KC would do more than him??