broy ?

broy,

if i remember right, didn't you say that your son plays high school baseball and might want to play college ball and maybe at slu. is that still a possibility or has that passed?

what c-usa don't have baseball? i'm guessing, without checking,

depaul and marquette but could be wrong.

i live in iowa and i believe iowa is the only state where both the high school boys and girls play baseball and softball in the summertime. the season generally ends with the state tournament in early august and in fact in another year the boy's state baseball tournament will be held in des moines at sec taylor stadium where the triple a , iowa cubs play.

my son is a senior and will be a staple in the althoff infield this year at either first or third and some pitching. he would love to play for the billikens. as of yet, no word from coach hughes.

broy just want your take on the c-town althoff game last night. After I seen Shaw's 3 off the mark I put my head down and missed the tip in by Westbrook and was as confuzed as the players on the court to what had happend. Great High School game

BTW was that you in the front row across from Althoff bench setting next to a Centralia fan Vince Mack he had a red Orphan pull over on.

yes that was me. mr mack was a very knowledgable and friendly foe. i enjoyed watching the game with him.

your centralia kid didnt even have the ball in his hands yet when the horn went off. my son watched the tape with a few of the team members this morning. the crusaders were robbed......of course i will also admit that the refs were sticking it to centralia most of the night though. i thought they were terrible and except for lisch's third foul, i didnt think althoff got a bad call all nite until the most important one.

shaw was again marvelous. he wouldnt have looked great in billiken blue.

btw, did you get there in time to see any of the jv game? jeremy felton, the high flying freshman for althoff put on another fine show. why he isnt playing varsity with the talent he has is a mystery to me.

No I missed the JV game, but was it the same kid that had a few dunks at Centralia? I heard a few people talking about someone from Althoff that played in the JV game but that was it.

I agree on what you said about the refs, but hey thats life on the road.

Did you notice that our coach didn't even say a word to Moss after the got T'ed up. We've had problems with that all year and not just Moss.

Good luck to you guys in the post season hope to see ya in C-dale.

i really didnt understand the way your coach used his players at all. i mean i like shaw a lot. you have seen me go on and on about him. but what's the point of having him bring the ball down the floor as well? crosby and moss are very talented guards that would have no problems getting it across the line.

i also dont think once you get it in half court you get the ball to matt enough. there wouldnt be a time down the floor except for breaks that matt shaw wouldnt touch the ball.

also, you did it some, but not enough. i would be playing that other big guy you have more. my gosh, he is at least as big as shaw and looked like he handled himself very well.

hmmmmm. one would think he couldnt play at all then. but maybe that makes sense. however, that said, jeremy felton dresses for the varsity games.

my guess is that even though he has probably more god given talent than ANYBODY on the althoff team, 3 star is probably right. the althoff team plays soderberg like defense all over the floor. they switch defenses and offenses almost every trip down the floor. it might just be that as a freshman coming from a town that basically rolls the balls out and says "play" jeremy is a little overwhelmed by the x's and o's. still he is a player. two huge dunks last nite. one he took off from at least 10 feet away and dunked over the top of an opponent. he also had a couple of blocks that sent the ball to midcourt. and he gets out on the break as well as any 6'5"ish player in the area. shoots well out to about 15 feet. just a nice nice player. i was less enthused about arthur sargent last year, and you know how much i liked arthur last year.

>hmmmmm. one would think he couldnt play at all then. but

>maybe that makes sense. however, that said, jeremy felton

>dresses for the varsity games.

The Missouri rule specifies varsity. The kid who is the son of Rams coach who played at Clayton and was the central figure in Clayton's having to forfeit game and a chance at the football playoffs could have played junior varsity legally.

Having said that, though, I would think that if Felton dresses out for varsisty, then he could only do so if he's eligible to play, so I conclude that it must be a coach's decision.