Never Been To Big Dance...

Schasz

As a USMA grad I feel compelled to respond:

The academic requirements usually doom USMA from fielding any competitive major sport teams. However, that excuse runs thin when I see Air Force playing hoops so well this year--not to mention their outstanding football program.

I wish we'd just give up the facade of competing in Big Name college conferences (Conf USA etc.) and join the Ivy....with all the other nerds. Oh well.

Go Army-Beat Navy!

... this weekend. You've got to be kidding me. I understand the pomp, circumstance and tradition that is Army/Navy football ... especially here in what I'd call the DC/Maryland/East Coast area ... but basketball. Short of the Admiral ... which was a huge aberration never to be duplicated in my lifetime ... what have these two teams done to deserve a choice 2 p.m. start on a Saturday in March? Or am I just in a "lucky" region in the country?

When BS's future was in doubt there were rumours that he could be the next coach at Army. I think he would have done well there and liked the kind of players he got. One of the Diener's played for Army and Poser and I know some of his good friends/room mates from USMA.

Hey Coach K is a USMA grad and I may add like Poser and myself a Field Artillerymen. What does that mean? That means that Poser and I should be hired as the next head coaches at SLU to turn it into the Duke of the Midwest. My basketball experience? Well in the 7th grade my team won the City Championships in Susanville California (Pop. 13,000 or so). I think Bob Knight used to coach Army as well.

... and every school has traditions, but Army-Navy basketball is pretty pitiful. I agree with your assessment and that of the Poser and for the life of me can't understand the Air Force whatsoever. I liken it to "the Army crawls in the mud, the Navy suns itself on beachfront property, but those flyboys ......" And I work for the Army so if I had an alligence, it would be to them. But my pop's a Navy man ....

I saw the score from today's game .... I didn't see the game as opted for schopping with the wife and daughters. But from the score, it must have been pretty pitiful just the same and living up to expectations.

No argument from Poser or I Army Basketball stinks.

I'm just putting a plug in for Poser and I to become SLU's next coach. Poser can be the women's coach I'll take the men's. Hey we have lived in alot of different states and could make inroads in recruiting. I'll even go international recruit those kids too.

Army v Navy on TV only because there is a war going on. They stink.