Saturday Night T.V. Viewing

Iggy

Saturday night is a perfect opportunity to get together, knock back a few cold ones and watch our Bills beat the Green Wave. We won't be competing with an NFL playoff game and the Blues don't drop the puck until 9:00 pm in Vancouver. Bills tip at 7:00pm. Sportzone might not be too bad, but I'm open to other suggestions. There's got to be a good spot somewhere.

Despite the crappy game, I had a good time at Wackadoo's last night. There was a good turnout (the place was pretty full), and a lot of Blue Crew members were there. It was definitely fun to watch a game with a crowd comprised exclusively of SLU supporters.

Wackadoo's has a huge projection TV and a large seating area, along with several other smaller TVs throughout the bar. The food was standard bar fare, but was pretty good. The service was actually a lot better than I expected, and we got our food in about the same amount of time as we would have at any other restaurant. Maybe they're better staffed now. The dollar Bud Light drafts were nice too and helped me erase part of the second half from my memory.

I agree. It was a great turnout, especially by the Blue Crew. The service was not too bad, especially considering that most tables were full, and the food was, as always, good. It's always a lot of fun watching the game with a bunch of fans. Hopefully, somebody will notice the turnout and organize more road game get-togethers there.

Is there plenty of room to view the game? Is the sound good? They didn't by chance play KMOX instead of television audio did they? Is the slow service limited to food orders or is there a problem getting frosty cold beverages as well?

i'm taping the game and going to watch lisch vs shaw. my sources tell me that if shaw brings the ball down as he has everytime i have seen him this year, lisch will guard him after the half line. interesting and risky matchup for althoff imo, but without a decent inside player (since the ducey kid quit) althoff doesnt have much choice. should be a great high school game.

I think they had the sound on at the back tvs, but off in the front at the projection tv.

Our waitress was good, and we ordered food and 4-5 beers during the game. We ordered our food right as the game was starting and got it with about 10 minutes left in the first half. I guess if there's a problem, it's with the kitchen and not the wait staff.

The place is pretty big, with a bunch of tables and booths near the big screen, and bar-like seating behind it. There is also additional seating near and around the bar.

It was a really big room, moderately decorated. Not enough televisions, but a really big projection screen tv. Oddly, the only audio seemed to come from the various scattered televisions, didnt seem to have a speaker in the ceiling near the big screen...so sitting in the front i didnt get any game audio.

I got the short end of the service, I guess that happens everywhere from time to time. It was rectified, but slowly. I'll try it again.

i will be wearing a billiken blue pullover windbreaker and probably be sitting directly across from the althoff bench in the bottom section of seats.