Home and Home with University of Nebraska

I like this. Nebreska is on the way up and the more BCS teams we play the better.

This might be a good match up for us. Checking their roster, they return 4 seniors. 2 averaging 9 points, 1 averaged 4 and the other was a manager. Their big gun is gone.

This might be a good match up for us. Checking their roster, they return 4 seniors. 2 averaging 9 points, 1 averaged 4 and the other was a manager. Their big gun is gone.

They had a pretty good recruiting class a year ago when they brought in eight kids (sound slightly fimilar?). They added Jones with this years class.

woo hoo....scheduling news. I'm glad to get another BCS team on the schedule. Nebraska is one of those teams that is good to play because they are BCS, but we could beat them any given year. I like this game.

I like that we get them here next year when our newbies will have a little seasoning..........

dont forget that a big part of rpi is your opponents opponents i.e. scheduling a big 12 team will always likely have positive influence.

dont forget that a big part of rpi is your opponents opponents i.e. scheduling a big 12 team will always likely have positive influence.

I agree. The MVC has been doing this the past few years to boost their RPI.

good team to schedule (for reasons others have pointed out). Not a bad road trip either, about 6 hours, however the drive between St. Joseph and the Nebraska border can be summed in three words: God foresaken area!

Devaney Center a decent place to see a game (though a new arena is planned), free parking and rather inexpensive tickets too - I think I spent $10 for the bleachers near the top when I saw Marquette there in 05 and was able to move down closer.

Sadler is doing a nice job recruiting there but this is a game ripe for a Bills road win.

What is this? Real hoops news?

I hate to beat a dead horse---I'm not sure that's actually true---but this relates to the discussion on at least two other threads about getting info out of the SLU CIA, er, make that Ath. Dept/SID.

This Omaha newspaper article does give me a way to figure out our OOC schedule. If all posters on Billikens.com would agree to read 25, D 1 MBB program local newspapers, I feel certain we will be able to come up with a fairly complete list of our 08-09 OOC opponents. It takes a little time and effort on each of our parts, but it should produce the schedule at least 2-3 weeks before it is released by the Ath Dept. I'll start with the Columbia Tribune, looking for a hint of the resumption of the UM-SLU series---NOT!

I was listening to both 590 and 1380 at various times this morning and I'm sure they would be more than happy to interview any of our coaches or our new AD, if he can be located. (Last I heard he was seen driving a car off the Metropolitian Towing lot, other than that there have been very few sightings of Mr. May) H#!!, I vote for an appearance on one of those stations by Roy or Nark just to talk about the program, in general.

I hate to beat a dead horse---I'm not sure that's actually true---but this relates to the discussion on at least two other threads about getting info out of the SLU CIA, er, make that Ath. Dept/SID.

This Omaha newspaper article does give me a way to figure out our OOC schedule. If all posters on Billikens.com would agree to read 25, D 1 MBB program local newspapers, I feel certain we will be able to come up with a fairly complete list of our 08-09 OOC opponents. It takes a little time and effort on each of our parts, but it should produce the schedule at least 2-3 weeks before it is released by the Ath Dept. I'll start with the Columbia Tribune, looking for a hint of the resumption of the UM-SLU series---NOT!

I was listening to both 590 and 1380 at various times this morning and I'm sure they would be more than happy to interview any of our coaches or our new AD, if he can be located. (Last I heard he was seen driving a car off the Metropolitian Towing lot, other than that there have been very few sightings of Mr. May) H#!!, I vote for an appearance on one of those stations by Roy or Nark just to talk about the program, in general.

I will take school that start with a-d

I thought the exact same thing. Playing middle to lower tier BCS teams is exactly how the Valley gets high RPIs without playing any really good teams.

I'm not trying to be the RPI police here but what you guys are saying isn't exactly true. If given the choice of playing a lower level BCS team with an RPI of 75 and a top Mid Major with an RPI of 80, the RPI will benefit more from playing the the top Mid-Major. Why, because they likely have a higher win percentage which makes up 50% of SLU's RPI. The BCS team likely got their ranking with a mediocre W/L record but a strong Oponents Strength of Schedule. Since this is only 25% of our RPI, its actually better to play the high mid-major.

I also disagree about the Valley. They have normally had trouble scheudling any of the BCS teams in home and homes so instead have scheduled the best mid-majors they can. That, in addition to winning a healthy percentage of their games and playing a bunch of games on the road, have caused the good RPIs. The A-10 has historically played many more BCS teams then the Valley has.

I like the game. Not because of the RPI but because its at least some sort of name that the average fan has heard of. Pacific, Loyola, etc. just don't get the average fan excited.

Just FYI,....

Nebraska has a hard time winning on the road but is tough at home........

Sadler redshirted 4 scholarship players last year, so they are deeper than they first look. .....

They rotated 4 guards - Harvey, Miller, Anderson, and Dagarudo (sp) so stats can be deceiving.....the latter 2 are 2/3 type players.....Anderson effective from outside - a spot up 3 pt player....Dagarudo is a rangy 6'6", long arms, pentrates, rebounds, likes to play at the rim......Harvey was their best player - outside of Maric - in the second half...he is a scorer, avg'd in double figures after a horrible, slow start....

outside of Maric they were a smaller team for the Big XII - they lose a lot in Maric but get bigger overall......

a good match up for the Bills.......but again, they play much better in Lincoln, where crowds are improving...

FWIW, I agree that a road win over Nebraska is more impressive than a win over a mid major with a comparable RPI

I like the game. Not because of the RPI but because its at least some sort of name that the average fan has heard of. Pacific, Loyola, etc. just don't get the average fan excited.

I agree. People don't know what Sam Houston State is all about. That's why I like the games with Ole Miss, Nebraska, etc.