Eshaunte Jones off the board

Guest BillikenReport

Eshaunte Jones has committed to a Big 12 school (premium story on Billikenreport.com so i won't disclose too much).

He committed to Nebraska. (For the non-subscriber folks)

Jones was a long shot for the Billikens anyway. Now we'll wait and see if he qualifies.

Jones was a long shot for the Billikens anyway. Now we'll wait and see if he qualifies.

Bugger. Now, it's about this time that (multiple) posters say that we didn't really want him and probably didn't offer anyway.

How could anyone really want to spend 4 years in Nebraska?

Bugger. Now, it's about this time that (multiple) posters say that we didn't really want him and probably didn't offer anyway.

How could anyone really want to spend 4 years in Nebraska?

Agreed. We at SLU now have a great coach and great facilities but we still lack a really good conference/schedule and have yet to win anything. Our team is now full of young, unproven guys. We will have to win some games to earn repeat recruiting classes like last year.

Recognizing we are now in a completely different situation than we have been in the past, I still have to believe that playing time often comes down to a school's most appealing asset. Guys will play anywhere, even Lincoln, NE, for the coveted playing time. I have no in depth knowledge of Nebraska's depth chart (nor am I interested) but I have to believe that it will be much tougher for RM to recruit this, his second class, than his first since he will not have playing time to offer like he did last year. Not saying our incoming class will all be 4 year All-Americans, but any new recruit has got to ask himself, how much playing time will I get if I must challenge BT and WR as opposed to last year's clas who sized themselves up against BE, AK and MR. Same can be said about the guards.

the latter is the operative phrase........schools have slow played or backed off this kid over that concern

in any case, good luck with Doc and the bugeaters......

the latter is the operative phrase........schools have slow played or backed off this kid over that concern

in any case, good luck with Doc and the bugeaters......

Lincoln. Nebraska is the cleanest college town and they have "pro" type greeters to meet their recruits (which I have overheard the handlers calling them "assets" and I'm sure we can't compete on that level; but they talk Big Red football 12 months a year- they do have a much improved basketball program and track is the real deal there. It is college campus in a cornfield the main drag through town is "Cornhusker Hwy". It is not going to go down well for kids who want to go to major league baseball or have the city experiences of Art Museums and Symphony within walking distance

It is not going to go down well for kids who want to go to major league baseball or have the city experiences of Art Museums and Symphony within walking distance

Something tells me that the majority of recruits aren't interested in any of those things.

Lincoln. Nebraska is the cleanest college town and they have "pro" type greeters to meet their recruits (which I have overheard the handlers calling them "assets" and I'm sure we can't compete on that level; but they talk Big Red football 12 months a year- they do have a much improved basketball program and track is the real deal there. It is college campus in a cornfield the main drag through town is "Cornhusker Hwy". It is not going to go down well for kids who want to go to major league baseball or have the city experiences of Art Museums and Symphony within walking distance

Far be for me to say a good word about Lincoln, but you DO realize Jones is from that center of sophistication that is Ft Wayne Indiana?

In any case, according to the Omaha rag, he has NOT committed......link below

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918...;u_sid=10366203