Billiken Elite Camp

The Billiken Elite Camp is scheduled for June 7th Anyone know who is attending? I hear that 6'8 2009 Jordan Dressler and 6'5 2010 Ricky Kreklow from Columbia Rockbridge will be there. Dressler is Mark Dressler's son who played for MU. Jordan plays for the STL Eagles. Kreklow was recently offered by MU and his father, Wayne was a roster player for the Boston Celtics. Wayne is currently the head Volleyball coach at MU, but I do not believe the decision will be based on that. Ricky plays for KC Pump and Run 16s who have won a number of tournaments this spring. I think SLU has a shot at both these guys.

The Billiken Elite Camp is scheduled for June 7th Anyone know who is attending? I hear that 6'8 2009 Jordan Dressler and 6'5 2010 Ricky Kreklow from Columbia Rockbridge will be there. Dressler is Mark Dressler's son who played for MU. Jordan plays for the STL Eagles. Kreklow was recently offered by MU and his father, Wayne was a roster player for the Boston Celtics. Wayne is currently the head Volleyball coach at MU, but I do not believe the decision will be based on that. Ricky plays for KC Pump and Run 16s who have won a number of tournaments this spring. I think SLU has a shot at both these guys.

wayne kreklow was a very good player at drake.

If Mizzou wanted Dressler I think they would have offered by now. He's a rising senior right in their back yard.

Deja vu? Another big, tall, latebloomer?

If Mizzou doesn't offer, rumor has it he will go to Western IL, change his mind, lie to the newspaper, trash Mike Anderson and then be singing Ole' Kentucky as the Mizzou faithful get pissed and say Anderson waited too long and cannot evaluate talent. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I prefer V's approach. Offer 20 kids and then worry later about cutting kids amid the howls of unfairness of a few solid program supporters. :rolleyes:

LOL. But in this case Dressler's no late bloomer. He was 5A All-State as a junior and is far and away the Eagles best big man. I think the issue here is he'an unremarkable athlete at 6''8 215 and is strickly an inside player.

Perhaps not mobile enough for Anderson's system? We need size in the paint and somebody, anybody, with size plus post moves. This kid will surely fill out further. Hope we're on him and Mark Dressler is pissed MU is turning their nose up at his son. Watched many a Mark Dressler game back in his DeSmet days (class of 78).

Perhaps not mobile enough for Anderson's system? We need size in the paint and somebody, anybody, with size plus post moves. This kid will surely fill out further.

I mistyped, I meant 225. Dressler's plenty thick enough, especially if goes to the right mid-major conference. I think you're right, Anderson wants bigs that can get up and down and Dressler is a classic halfcourt post player.

Majerus is a halfcourt coach but if you look at his history he likes bigs that can shoot it from outside.

MU has talked to Dressler but has not offered.....he and the Eagles just played in a tournament in Columbia....

To my knowledge the other Rock Bridge kid Kreklow as not been offered either but there is some interest.....Moberly has a 6'6 kid in the same class that is getting some looks....

To my understanding, the only kid MU has offered for 2010 is former Celtic Paul Pressey's son, a PG.....Pressey and Anderson were close at Tulsa...

Dressler's a nice player with some skills,.... but I think MU feels others will fit better in their system.....

There are some nice players in outstate Missouri.....The guard ftom Glasgow MO, Jay Lee, is playing for KC Pump 'n Run...a very nice team, alongside Micheal Dixon....Lee's very quick...from a small school, this summer will give some indication how well he plays with and against better players...

and getting an "in" with Pump 'n Run would help.....along with MoKan Spiece, (Reed) both KC AAU programs have some nice 16's and 17's.....

Mike Porter for Sikeston bears watching.......I think he could be similar to Luke Meyer but as a SF....