OT: STL HOOPS INSIDER SPRING SHOWCASE

The recap of event is now available on our website. http://stlhoopsinsider.com/

Ron Waller was the top performer in the event. Thanks to everyone who reads and supports the website, and a special thanks to those helped make the showcase a success. Also, thanks to those Billikens.com posters who sent private messages inquiring about the event and the kind words about what we do for the area.

**Photos of the showcase are included in the recap.

Ron Waller was the top performer in the event. Thanks to everyone who reads and supports the website, and a special thanks to those helped make the showcase a success. Also, thanks to those Billikens.com posters who sent private messages inquiring about the event and the kind words about what we do for the area.

I'm usually on your side, but it's kind of funny you can set aside your "moral outrage" at this racist board to promote your event. Classic.

I'm usually on your side, but it's kind of funny you can set aside your "moral outrage" at this racist board to promote your event. Classic.

Is it really promotion if it's after the fact?

I personally like having the info.

Waller looked tough when I saw him, reminded me a lot of a taller Chris Foster, a kid from around where I'm from who played for Northern Iowa about 8-9 years ago. Great leaper for a short white kid, and real tough. I'm sure most of you have never heard of him, but Alonzo P Hawk, you probably remember him.

Waller looked tough when I saw him, reminded me a lot of a taller Chris Foster, a kid from around where I'm from who played for Northern Iowa about 8-9 years ago. Great leaper for a short white kid, and real tough. I'm sure most of you have never heard of him, but Alonzo P Hawk, you probably remember him.

Foster was great. Unfortunately he was about 5'8". 6 more inches and he could have played at a higher level. He's from my hometown, Arcadia Valley (or "where the elephant rocks are" to everyone from StL).

'short white kid' - is that being racist?

Where's Waller heading - and why'd he de-commit to W. Kentucky (not that I blame him).

Hoop insider - thanks for the info.

Foster was great. Unfortunately he was about 5'8". 6 more inches and he could have played at a higher level. He's from my hometown, Arcadia Valley (or "where the elephant rocks are" to everyone from StL).

Chris Foster was about 6' and yes he had amazing hops. He had some health issues while at UNI and that sort of derailed him a bit.

His brother Brian, was about 6'4 1/2" and an all-american(post player) at Three Rivers CC. He had a fine 2 years at UT-Martin as well. Their father, Danny was also an all-american at Three Rivers and was the best shooter I've ever seen....period..... the guy was amazing....

Chris Foster was about 6' and yes he had amazing hops. He had some health issues while at UNI and that sort of derailed him a bit.

His brother Brian, was about 6'4 1/2" and an all-american(post player) at Three Rivers CC. He had a fine 2 years at UT-Martin as well. Their father, Danny was also an all-american at Three Rivers and was the best shooter I've ever seen....period..... the guy was amazing....

Forgot about Brian Foster, never saw him play, but always heard about him from my older friends... what was their dad's name?

Foster and Jared Lane from South Iron used to have some epic battles. I worked with Jared in Lesterville the summer before he went to play for Lamar in Texas for like a semester before quitting and marrying a volleyball coach or something. Always thought he had a better shot to go big than Chris did, but I guess he had different priorities.

Forgot about Brian Foster, never saw him play, but always heard about him from my older friends... what was their dad's name?

Foster and Jared Lane from South Iron used to have some epic battles. I worked with Jared in Lesterville the summer before he went to play for Lamar in Texas for like a semester before quitting and marrying a volleyball coach or something. Always thought he had a better shot to go big than Chris did, but I guess he had different priorities.

I played against Brian is HS. He was only a soph so we got the best of him. He developed into a nice player.

Danny Foster is their dad. I believe he's a logger these days. He went to high school at Ellington.

Danny was a most unlikely looking baller, but man could he shoot!

Those South Iron-AV battles with Foster and Lane were fantastic. Was disappointed that Lane didn't last in college. I remember watching the MVC tourney on telly during Chris' early years at UNI when the announcer compared him to Jason Williams from Duke.

As amazing as the Foster boys were at basketball (for a small town), I always thought they were better at baseball. Neither played past middle school though.

Danny Foster is their dad. I believe he's a logger these days. He went to high school at Ellington.

Danny was a most unlikely looking baller, but man could he shoot!

That's right, I knew that. I went to Ellington until 5th grade, when I downgraded to Lesterville for the remainder of my pre-collegiate days... All's well that ends well, I suppose, graduated from SLU in 4 years. Lesterville's turning it around, surprisingly, we always sucked when I played. My little brother was part of only 5 players for LHS's 8th grade basketball team this year, supposedly they were really good; they beat Bunker 88-11, even playing slow-down ball towards the end. LOL, Bunker...

I still remember the borderline race war that went down there after one of our black players got called for a really hard, yet legit foul towards the end of a game at their place... I never heard the N-bomb as much as I did that night. And for those that still think I'm racist (laughable, it's laughable man -da Jesus), I was right there by my teammate's side, ready to fight all those redneck fans.

No one said you were racist Jimbo. I dont know if you are or not. I just know that you used the "N" word and then when I called you on it, instead of apologizing, you attempted to justify it by saying that you were talking no differently than you do on the street. That along with the fact that no one batted an eye at the comment until I brought it up is what led to my hiatus. The fact that I didnt post for over a month even though I had a big showcase coming up should indicate how serious I was. That being said, I never called for you to be banned even though I was banned in the past. If it happens again, I truly doubt that I will return to the board. I'm not sure if my absence was noticeable anyway. The speaker during our commencement convocation last week was Arnold Donald and he closed with this quote: "Be slow to judge and quick to forgive," and thats what I'm trying to do.

No one said you were racist Jimbo. I dont know if you are or not. I just know that you used the "N" word and then when I called you on it, instead of apologizing, you attempted to justify it by saying that you were talking no differently than you do on the street. That along with the fact that no one batted an eye at the comment until I brought it up is what led to my hiatus. The fact that I didnt post for over a month even though I had a big showcase coming up should indicate how serious I was. That being said, I never called for you to be banned even though I was banned in the past. If it happens again, I truly doubt that I will return to the board. I'm not sure if my absence was noticeable anyway. The speaker during our commencement convocation last week was Arnold Donald and he closed with this quote: "Be slow to judge and quick to forgive," and thats what I'm trying to do.

I remember when you were quoting Jay-Z on here. I guess you've stopped listening to him as well now. You know, since he uses the same word Jimbo did in several of his songs.

And Jimbo...lovin the Big Labowski reference. Classic.

I remember when you were quoting Jay-Z on here. I guess you've stopped listening to him as well now. You know, since he uses the same word Jimbo did in several of his songs.

And Jimbo...lovin the Big Labowski reference. Classic.

Nash, i think you should be slow to judge and quick to forgive.

awwwwwww yeah, chris foster and i are proud alumni of arcadia valley hs. along with fellow billikens.com poster lloyd dobbler. foster and dobbler were boys actually. but then foster's dog bit dobbler and things ain't been the same since middle school.

legend has it danny foster was signed by the san antonio spurs back in dah day but broke his leg or sump'in and never played.

lloyd dobbler's right, chris foster coulda been dah next ankiel. he had some power, fo' chouteau.

STL Insider,

It's good to forgive, but some of the posters on this board don't care. Don't take these clowns serious. They have been calling for me to be banned as well. Why? Because, THE TRUTH HURTS!!! They want to hear that SLU is going to be a powerhouse under RM, top ten recruiting class, and other things that are highly unlikely.

I've been called all sorts of things on this board and it doesn't bother me at all. I've never had to go that route. It only tells me that my posts are POWERFUL!

STL Insider, keep posting and stop forgiving!