Harrellson RELEASED

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. Never thought I'd be so happy with ole Bernie. Now Rick needs to get his ass outta Alabama and wrap this kid up.

Its going to be a lot harder then that. Im sure everyone has heard the programs going after him- its going to be a war to get this kids services

Its going to be a lot harder then that. Im sure everyone has heard the programs going after him- its going to be a war to get this kids services

Oh, I know. Actually, I will be very surprised if we can land the kid. However, based on some comments here by people who seem to be close to the kid, we are firmly in the running.

Next time Bernie says something bad about the Billikens we all need to take a deap breath and say to ourselves that we owed him one.

Kind of nice to have the most influential sports guy at the only local paper on your side. Got to believe most urban universities of SLU's size and quality don't experience such local obstacles. Imagine how much success XU, Marquette, Memphis etc. would have in such a situation.

At the same time, SLU's backass, "little engine that could", lack of real commitment attitude caused Miklasz and others to take such an approach. Another breakthrough for SLU basketball!!

I wonder if these guys know something or are they speculating just like we are:

http://hazweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?bo...mp;thread=14629

« Thread Started on Mar 23, 2008, 7:46pm »

-Gillispie is still trying to get JUCO big man Josh Harrellson but his school must release him from his letter of intent before that can happen. Harrellson wants to come to UK but he must take the wait and see approach.

I wonder if these guys know something or are they speculating just like we are:

http://hazweb.proboards48.com/index.cgi?bo...mp;thread=14629

« Thread Started on Mar 23, 2008, 7:46pm »

-Gillispie is still trying to get JUCO big man Josh Harrellson but his school must release him from his letter of intent before that can happen. Harrellson wants to come to UK but he must take the wait and see approach.

Kentucky is after him hard.

my question is that if harrelson was the sure thing all were inferring for the last year if only western granted that LOI release, why didnt josh verbal to slu the second the release came through?

my question is that if harrelson was the sure thing all were inferring for the last year if only western granted that LOI release, why didnt josh verbal to slu the second the release came through?

Come on Roy, are you serious with that question? Isn't it obvious that his play at SWIC has opened up alot more opportunities for him. He would be a fool not to make sure that SLU is really what he wants when he has Kentucky calling. I'm not saying he should go to Kentucky over SLU, but he should weigh all his options.

He was released this morning from Western Illinois.

RICK. Get on the phone. Have Rachel make some sassssages. Have gramma make youse some sammiches. Buy this kid a Kool® truck. I $h!t on him in the past, but dammit we need him. By the time you get back to his house, he'll be on his back, coverered in lunch meat and pig intestines and Rachel will be giving him the foot massage of his life. Then you just walk up w/ a racquet and say, "Hey, Josh. Let's play squash!" in your best Rodney Dangerfield voice. Then crank up the Kenny Loggins and belt it out. "I'M ALRIGHT!!!! DON'T NOBODY WORRY 'BOUT ME!!!" Of course Josh will come back w/ "YOU GOT TO GIMME A FIGHT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE!?" Then you seal it, Ricky Baby.

Who do you want?

Who you be today?

And who is it really

Makin' up your mind?

You wanna listen to the man?

Pay attention to the magistrate

And while I got you in the mood

Listen to your

Own heart beatin'

Own heart beatin'

Then Rachel dances, you all hug, and we go to the Sweet Sixteen next year.

Sorry, just saw this and got excited.

RICK. Get on the phone. Have Rachel make some sassssages. Have gramma make youse some sammiches. Buy this kid a Kool® truck. I $h!t on him in the past, but dammit we need him. By the time you get back to his house, he'll be on his back, coverered in lunch meat and pig intestines and Rachel will be giving him the foot massage of his life. Then you just walk up w/ a racquet and say, "Hey, Josh. Let's play squash!" in your best Rodney Dangerfield voice. Then crank up the Kenny Loggins and belt it out. "I'M ALRIGHT!!!! DON'T NOBODY WORRY 'BOUT ME!!!" Of course Josh will come back w/ "YOU GOT TO GIMME A FIGHT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE!?" Then you seal it, Ricky Baby.

Who do you want?

Who you be today?

And who is it really

Makin' up your mind?

You wanna listen to the man?

Pay attention to the magistrate

And while I got you in the mood

Listen to your

Own heart beatin'

Own heart beatin'

Then Rachel dances, you all hug, and we go to the Sweet Sixteen next year.

Sorry, just saw this and got excited.

Seriously? Because he has a ton more options right now than he did 1.5 years ago.

sshoe and skip that is what i have been saying all year. the word i have heard for months is the big boys have been waiting for this day. my point was that the vast majority of posters (and some claiming great harrelson inside connections) have said that slu was the only choice and it was a done deal. well the opening is there and it aint happened thus you can bet that the likes of gillespie and matta and such are indeed in line ahead of rickma unlike what our board harrelson insiders have promised all year.

sshoe and skip that is what i have been saying all year. the word i have heard for months is the big boys have been waiting for this day. my point was that the vast majority of posters (and some claiming great harrelson inside connections) have said that slu was the only choice and it was a done deal. well the opening is there and it aint happened thus you can bet that the likes of gillespie and matta and such are indeed in line ahead of rickma unlike what our board harrelson insiders have promised all year.

All the stuff I have read on here said that SLU is in the running but the big boys are coming after him hard. When was it said that Harrelson was a done deal?