Attention Umm, A.K.A. SIUGRAD99

Umm ( From: SIUGRAD99 )

I can't imagine that your son isn't completely embarassed that his own mother comes to beg for him on the internet. This after you come to defend him when people question his talent. If you are this type of parent now i can only imagine what you'll be like when Big Rick tears him a new one. I am sure you'll have Rick on speed dial t...

SIUGRAD99 is a member of the Members group and has 5 posts.

Sent on: Yesterday, 09:58 PM

Thank you for the comments you sent me last night through private messaging. I know you assumed I would get mad and get into a pissing contest with you. However, I'm sorry to disappoint you, you're remarks do not deserve a response from me.

I would just like to inform you though, if you are brazen enough to send me a private message of this nature, then be smart enough to make sure your identity is hidden, because I will post it every time. You will only have yourself to thank for the way everyone else responds to your message.

I can't imagine that your son isn't completely embarassed that his own mother comes to beg for him on the internet. This after you come to defend him when people question his talent. If you are this type of parent now i can only imagine what you'll be like when Big Rick tears him a new one. I am sure you'll have Rick on speed dial t...

Thank you for the comments you sent me last night through private messaging. I know you assumed I would get mad and get into a pissing contest with you. However, I'm sorry to disappoint you, you're remarks do not deserve a response from me.

I would just like to inform you though, if you are brazen enough to send me a private message of this nature, then be smart enough to make sure your identity is hidden, because I will post it every time. You will only have yourself to thank for the way everyone else responds to your message.

The guy is a tool. Some of the people on the SIU board have an unhealthy fascination with your son. For a kid they claim they never wanted, they sure in the hell like to talk about him all of the time.

The guy is a tool. Some of the people on the SIU board have an unhealthy fascination with your son. For a kid they claim they never wanted, they sure in the hell like to talk about him all of the time.

SLU:

Worst case: Brett has a decent career, gets a great education, his family sees him play for four years.

Best case: Brett goes to NCAAs 3-4 times and den dat LEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAGGGGGUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEE.

SIU:

Worst case: Brett has a decent career, gets a decent education, his family sees him play for four years. Brett also develops a horrible chewing tobacco/drinking/roadkill eating addiction and dies in a meth fire.

Best case: Brett has a decent career, gets a decent education, his family sees him play for four years. Brett has to tell people he chose SIU over SLU and missed multiple tournament runs.

I'm sure the whole family is biting their fingernails right now...

Wow...that guy is just bitter.

I guess it's better to PM a parent and let them know that they make make their kid look like a momma's boy than to do it on a post. FWIW- This board talks about STL kids all the time, regardless of whether they go to SLU or not. Do you think our fans aren't going to talk about local kids?

FWIW- This board talks about STL kids all the time, regardless of whether they go to SLU or not. Do you think our fans aren't going to talk about local kids?

Fair enough, I guess I don't think about how close he is to there...

Fair enough, I guess I don't think about how close he is to there...

I probably shouldn't have replied on your board about it, but I saw it when I got on to look for Majerus/Marquette info. Looks like you guys are solid there. SLU will definitely be on an upswing once he gets his players in place.

I probably shouldn't have replied on your board about it, but I saw it when I got on to look for Majerus/Marquette info. Looks like you guys are solid there. SLU will definitely be on an upswing once he gets his players in place.

UP you are good people. You should feel free to post.

As many said earlier we are very happy to have your son as a member of our Billikens and happy to have you as party of our Billiken family. There will be times where some on this board may get a bit out of hand but most are hard core Billiken fans. I am old school and it seems absolutely ridiculous for a person to send an insulting personal message to a player's mother regardless of which team they root for but this new internet era seems to promote a no rules, anything goes type of attitude by many. Hopefully, these idiots will leave you alone. I will be at the all star game rooting for Brett!

I really don't understand what the hell SIUGRADD99 is even talking about. How else do you get people to vote for you if not by asking them? Brett doesn't have a membership on this site his mom does. How is everyone else getting votes? THE SAME WAY! It's not like thousands of people knew about this website to vote for starters and when they got to it were like oh man I'm not voting for Brett because he's not very good. I would have never casted a vote for Brett if not for being told of this website, and I'm his brother. Not gonna name any names but hes about 3 times the player a certain seven footer at SIU is. Why is everyone at SIU still so bitter hes not going there? It was a simple choice he goes to SIU plays for four years then what? He has to go find a job because how many players out of SIU go to the NBA, even ones we were so sure were going? By choosing SLU he gets a much better coach with much better connections. Brett only did what was best for him...get over it. Whats even the point of attacking a players parent anyways? Grow up people.

I really don't understand what the hell SIUGRADD99 is even talking about. How else do you get people to vote for you if not by asking them? Brett doesn't have a membership on this site his mom does. How is everyone else getting votes? THE SAME WAY! It's not like thousands of people knew about this website to vote for starters and when they got to it were like oh man I'm not voting for Brett because he's not very good. I would have never casted a vote for Brett if not for being told of this website, and I'm his brother. Not gonna name any names but hes about 3 times the player a certain seven footer at SIU is. Why is everyone at SIU still so bitter hes not going there? It was a simple choice he goes to SIU plays for four years then what? He has to go find a job because how many players out of SIU go to the NBA, even ones we were so sure were going? By choosing SLU he gets a much better coach with much better connections. Brett only did what was best for him...get over it. Whats even the point of attacking a players parent anyways? Grow up people.

holler.

holler.

SIUGRAD99 was probably out of line by doing this but why the need to call him out on the board?

This does just do even more to question the idea whether it is really a good idea for parents of players to post on these boards. Especially if they cannot take the sometimes vile things that will be said and criticisms of their son and family that will be posted. Bretts mom should have just ingnored this, all she has done now is ensure that this will continue for Brett's entire career at SLU. Parents should feel free to read and post on message boards, I am not suggesting that they shouldn't. Calling out coaches, starting pissing matches about other teams posters and other things like this are not a good idea.

Again, I am really looking forward to seeing Reed/Thompson and Evans/Booker play against each other down low for the next 4 years.

SIUGRAD99 was probably out of line by doing this but why the need to call him out on the board?

This does just do even more to question the idea whether it is really a good idea for parents of players to post on these boards. Especially if they cannot take the sometimes vile things that will be said and criticisms of their son and family that will be posted. Bretts mom should have just ingnored this, all she has done now is ensure that this will continue for Brett's entire career at SLU. Parents should feel free to read and post on message boards, I am not suggesting that they shouldn't. Calling out coaches, starting pissing matches about other teams posters and other things like this are not a good idea.

Again, I am really looking forward to seeing Reed/Thompson and Evans/Booker play against each other down low for the next 4 years.

saluki, think about what this siugrad99 guy did. he went to an opposing website to pm a mother of a recruit that supposedly siu didnt want anyway. all of this anonomously which mrs T didnt have that luxury. hell i dont blame mrs T from going ballistic over a cowardly act as such. if someone wants to attack someone, they should have the balls to do it on the same plane and not anonomously and even then, i dont get the point? it was a terrible act from all angles.

saluki, think about what this siugrad99 guy did. he went to an opposing website to pm a mother of a recruit that supposedly siu didnt want anyway. all of this anonomously which mrs T didnt have that luxury. hell i dont blame mrs T from going ballistic over a cowardly act as such. if someone wants to attack someone, they should have the balls to do it on the same plane and not anonomously and even then, i dont get the point? it was a terrible act from all angles.

I agree, I just don't think she did herself or her son any favors by making it known to the entire board the PM she received. If parents feel the need to read and post on message boards, they need to have real thick skin and not even acknowledge this stuff. Unless Brett does indeed develop into an All-American during his time at SLU, she is probably going to see some pretty dispicable stuff said on here about her son over the next 4 years. Not by an regular posters but there will always be those trolls that will call him out in mean, vile ways. Especialy because they can hang anonomously behind a message board ID. Again, I am not trying to justify anything that was sent to mrs T but suggesting that she needs to have a little thicker skin and not worry about something like this.

I agree, I just don't think she did herself or her son any favors by making it known to the entire board the PM she received. If parents feel the need to read and post on message boards, they need to have real thick skin and not even acknowledge this stuff. Unless Brett does indeed develop into an All-American during his time at SLU, she is probably going to see some pretty dispicable stuff said on here about her son over the next 4 years. Not by an regular posters but there will always be those trolls that will call him out in mean, vile ways. Especialy because they can hang anonomously behind a message board ID. Again, I am not trying to justify anything that was sent to mrs T but suggesting that she needs to have a little thicker skin and not worry about something like this.

Why does she need thicker skin? Could she have chosen to just ignore it, yes, of course, but she chose not to. She chose to call the poster out. I don't blame her, and in fact think she did the right thing. There is a huge difference between posting Brett's too slow and can't play at this level or Brett can't shoot, or he doesn't go inside and fight for rebounds ... or any comment liking or disliking his game. But, to pm her and make a personal attack ... why not let everyone know the poster using that id is a cowardly putz.

I don't post very much-I usually just sit back and read, but this deserves a response. I personally think this SIU dude has way too much free time and may want to stand up from his computer desk and get a job or any other hobby other than bashing someone's parents. I will just consider the source and I thank Mrs. T for bringing this idiot into the public eye where he should have had the coconuts to post in the first place...And to you other SIU peoples who laugh and agree with what this guy did, then please do yourself a favor and keep it to yourself--us real fans and SLU grads who know how to respect one another don't have time for you. Thank you!

This is a silly argument, how many players has SLU sent to the NBA recently? Besides LH of course.

Thats exactly what I meant. RM will get him to the NBA. Brett already has the skill set he needs. Hes got super soft hands, hes a good shooter, an amazing passer for his size, knows how to find the open man out of a double team, and he started developing good, solid post moves. Hes patient on defense and knows when to go up for a block and when to just stand straight up to not foul. In high school he was unstopable when he wanted to be even in the double and triple teams. He needs to get stronger and faster obviously but that will come easily. Hes such a fast learner when it comes to the game it's ridiculous. Hes passionate for the game and he hates to lose. He will do perfectly fine at SLU. RickMa will take Brett to the limits of his talent, something Im not sure many couches out there can do.