VOTE FOR BRETT THOMPSON!!!

So I know my mom already posted another bulletin like this earlier about the McDonald's River War All Star Game the 12th of this month at the new arena. The voting ends this week so theres not much time. Everyone who reads this needs to go to showtymebasketball.com, click on the link to the left that says "vote 4 starters", scroll down and vote for the next Big Billiken. I know you all want to see my brother and the hopeful future star for four years at St. Louis start his first game at the Chaifetz Arena and it would mean a lot to him if he does. He doesn't get much recognition coming out of such a small school even though hes one of the best big men to come out of southern Illinois ever. Everybody vote for Brett and come support him on the 12th. See ya there! Cant wait for the season to start...

Welcome to the board Brett's brother. I got my two votes in today. One at work and one at home. 2 more tomorrow.

Sorry the names Trey. I just thought this topic was a little more "eye catching". Going to SIU next semester (because its cheap and closer to home) and cant wait to see SLU just beat the crap out of em. Next year is going to be fun

Sorry the names Trey. I just thought this topic was a little more "eye catching". Going to SIU next semester (because its cheap and closer to home) and cant wait to see SLU just beat the crap out of em. Next year is going to be fun

Nice to meet you Trey. Its always nice to have family on the board but be fair-warned you need to have thick skin as there is bound to be criticism, some warranted, some not, over Brett's four years at SLU. Just remember, we all want the same thing; to see Brett and SLU playing late into the NCAA tournament and for all the SLU players to represent the University in a quality manner.

Its a shame you go to SIU but I certainly understand the reasons. Hopefully they won't be mad at you after Brett goes 4-0 against them in his career.

Any idea what Brett's plans are for the summer? Is he going to live on campus or stay at home? Being as that he is close enough to commute to St. Louis if he wants for lifting and open court I could see living at home but its always nice to get the guys on campus early for classes and to get used to college life.

Nice to meet you Trey. Its always nice to have family on the board but be fair-warned you need to have thick skin as there is bound to be criticism, some warranted, some not, over Brett's four years at SLU. Just remember, we all want the same thing; to see Brett and SLU playing late into the NCAA tournament and for all the SLU players to represent the University in a quality manner.

Its a shame you go to SIU but I certainly understand the reasons. Hopefully they won't be mad at you after Brett goes 4-0 against them in his career.

Any idea what Brett's plans are for the summer? Is he going to live on campus or stay at home? Being as that he is close enough to commute to St. Louis if he wants for lifting and open court I could see living at home but its always nice to get the guys on campus early for classes and to get used to college life.

Hey Ill be the first to criticize Brett when he needs it so I wont need to worry about other people talking crap about him. I want to see him and the team go deep in the tourney probably more than anyone besides the team itself. I also cant wait for NCAA 2009 to come out for XBox 360. It'll be cool seeing "Brett" in a video game. Oh and Ill never play another video game college basketball team except SLU ever again. As far as I know hes moving to St. Louis as soon as he is allowed to. I think that's some time in June. He cant wait to start working with the team. He knows hes going to need to work his butt off if he even wants to come close to the physical fitness hes going to need for RM's practices. He hasn't had a hard practice in about four years, his high school coach was pretty easy on them when it came to practices. Im also pretty sure hes rooming with Brian Conklin while he lives at SLU.

Is it me or does anyone else think this family is great!?!?

I agree. Just a warning though be careful what you post. Bernie might use it as source material and next thing you know you're national news. One thing, if Brent had easy practices in HS, he's in for a culture shock under RM. But that would most likely be the case at any D1 program. Make sure you encourage him.

Prepare yourself for the hate from the SIU-C fans. They already have a chip on their shoulder about Brett. For a guy they all claim they didn't want, they sure can't stop talking about him.

Curious. Will Brad attend this game to watch his son? How strange of an experience will that be!! If not, what a shame a father "cannot" attend to watch his son play such a high school crowning award game, and play with his friends and peers, after all his hard work and accomplishments.

Curious. Will Brad attend this game to watch his son? How strange of an experience will that be!! If not, what a shame a father "cannot" attend to watch his son play such a high school crowning award game, and play with his friends and peers, after all his hard work and accomplishments.

Brad's a big boy. I highly doubt he won't be there, and if he's not it will be for some other reason.

You gotta' go see your own kid no matter the circumstance. My respect for Brad increased when I read that last St. Chuck paper article on him. I like it that he is taking the high road. Good stuff. At the same time I'm glad he's gone.

Anyway, is it wrong of me to picture Brett's Mom as a hot 40something woman with a fiery attitude? I can't help it. 40 is the new 30. Anyway, Brett's Mom, I once told Josh Fisher's Mom that to give Josh a kiss from me when he hit a game winning 3. She looked at me like I was crazy. Does anyone remember who we were playing when he hit a game winning 3? I can't. Oh, my point I empathize with players moms.

Brett's Mom it's true you should be very measured in your responses because people take it with more weight than the normal run of the mill poster. J-Love's dad was one of the first parents on the board he was the eternal cheerleader, R. Bryant's sister was up and down, some Diener was such a Diener homer it was obvious but they never admitted, some connected to TLIII have been up and down, and now you.

Congrats to Brett on being named Illinois Mr. Basketball for 2008. Last year's winner was Derrick Rose.

Are you being a complete smart aleck with this comment or are you just totally misinformed because we all know he isn't.

SIU recruit Kevin Dillard out of Homewood-Flossmor. Now you know why this was posted. :(

Actually SLU and SIU are going to have some nice battles in the next four years with Dillard(POY in IL) vs K. Mitchell(POY in WI) and also Nick Evans vs. Brett Thompson. Its going to be fun to watch over the years