OT: Local going Pro

thefan

Roy, oh Roy, oh Roy,

First: "We all know what a talent scout you are Roy. You thought Kevin Lisch's brother should have been all Metro."

If I my memory serves me correctly...and I think it does...it was you that said Clark was the better recruit when the decision was made to take him over Ahearn....I haven't "misquoted" you...have I? As a matter of fact you were Clark's biggest supporter...I think I remember that correctly also.

Now here's the "fact". Ahearn wasn't good enough for Billiken Blue...only Miami Red....go figure!

Second: "what is boggling me with this ahearn with the heat thing, just who is he guarding? i am guessing that in practice pat riley beats his a$$ in one on one matches."

I don't think it's Pat Riley...I think he guarding Clark...oh wait....Clark isn't in the NBA! Still boggled, Roy?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy, oh Roy, oh Roy,

First: "We all know what a talent scout you are Roy. You thought Kevin Lisch's brother should have been all Metro."

If I my memory serves me correctly...and I think it does...it was you that said Clark was the better recruit when the decision was made to take him over Ahearn....I haven't "misquoted" you...have I? As a matter of fact you were Clark's biggest supporter...I think I remember that correctly also.

Now here's the "fact". Ahearn wasn't good enough for Billiken Blue...only Miami Red....go figure!

Second: "what is boggling me with this ahearn with the heat thing, just who is he guarding? i am guessing that in practice pat riley beats his a$$ in one on one matches."

I don't think it's Pat O'Riley...I think he guarding Clark...oh wait....Clark isn't in the NBA! Still boggled, Roy?

Seriously who cares? Blake didn't go to SLU. It was a mistake on Brad's part. It was five years and one coach ago. Can we get over it?

i won't deeply qualify why i'm not a racist because it's not worth my time. but i'll tell you that i see two types of people - good and bad. the rest is details, sexuality, race, gender, etc. i don't see people any other way, and that's the TRUF®.

and regarding my humor... the times they are a changin'. racial humor is officially funny now, deal with it. and you make the supposition that i'm white. that's racist, isn't it?

Racial humor can be funny when jokes/comments are made by funny people. You are not funny people. Have you seen the movie Office Space? You remind me of the white guy in his car playing the gansta rap really loud acting like he is all bad until the black guy walks by his car and he quickly rolls up his window and locks his door. You're probably one of those guys who ***** his ballcap to one side and greets his friends by saying "waz up boyzzz." You probably refer to yourself in the third person like "Yo, Jimbo here kickin it old skool with these fly honies lastnight, ya boyyyyyyy."

So ya, some people are hip and funny and edgy. You, I repeat, are none of those things.

It is a good thing we have you looking out for the board. Billiken Nation can rest easy.

Shouldn't you be telling us that you think all four teams playing tonight will probably win? It's about time for another one of your great basketball prognostications.

Seriously who cares? Blake didn't go to SLU. It was a mistake on Brad's part. It was five years and one coach ago. Can we get over it?

I agree with you...however...I can never resist a "cheap shot" remark about Ahearn where Roy is concerned. He's still in denile.

Racial humor can be funny when jokes/comments are made by funny people. You are not funny people. Have you seen the movie Office Space? You remind me of the white guy in his car playing the gansta rap really loud acting like he is all bad until the black guy walks by his car and he quickly rolls up his window and locks his door. You're probably one of those guys who ***** his ballcap to one side and greets his friends by saying "waz up boyzzz." You probably refer to yourself in the third person like "Yo, Jimbo here kickin it old skool with these fly honies lastnight, ya boyyyyyyy."

Couldnt be further from the truth... Gotta love the internet tough guys

i'm in denial about just about anyone or anything that isnt billiken. i.e. if it isnt billiken blue, it isnt imo. sue me.

If mizzouphan was banned previously, why is he now allowed to post as postcard? He uses a different name, but it's the same old tired billiphan act... ripping on Rich and Roy for their professions, meet me at my seats challenges, etc.

Apparently we can't. Billiken fanhood historically has consisted of so many of the woulda/coulda/shoulda stories that we could fill an encyclopedia of what could be. I understand the frustration, but not why the Ahearn one stands out more than the rest.

I apologize to everyone that I got RogueCop going- apparently he didn't "buy" my stories, and I've come to terms with that. I just wanted to state the side of that discussion that almost never comes up, that's all. If people choose to believe that or not doesn't matter to me. I know tha TRUF, if I may quote Jimbo.

The board is definitely getting that offseason Friday feel- a couple trolls getting on the last nerve of everyone cooped up at work on a Friday afternoon.

If mizzouphan was banned previously, why is he now allowed to post as postcard? He uses a different name, but it's the same old tired billiphan act... ripping on Rich and Roy for their professions, meet me at my seats challenges, etc.

Ace, I've noticed you never post after 5:00 or on the weekends. Is that because you don't have a computer at home? Can't you go to the library or something? Why do you always bring my name into dicussions? What did I do to you? How is the job hunting/can collecting coming along? Pretty soon it will be baseball season and you can increase your panhandling. :) Do you ever talk basketball on here flamer? And why is it okay for dicky and roy to go after me but not the other way around? I think you should be more concerned with the racist and smut peddlers on here. They are the real problem.

OBAMA IN 2008!

I apologize to everyone that I got RogueCop going- apparently he didn't "buy" my stories

Your "story" is that you went to ONE Chaminade/DeSmet bball game in Ahearns senior where there were allegedly only a few DeSmet fans and the "story" you got was they all hated Ahearn and stopped going to the games. So how do you explain all the DeSmet fans I saw at their other bball games that year?

Ace, I've noticed you never post after 5:00 or on the weekends. Is that because you don't have a computer at home? Can't you go to the library or something? Why do you always bring my name into dicussions? What did I do to you? How is the job hunting/can collecting coming along? Pretty soon it will be baseball season and you can increase your panhandling. :) Do you ever talk basketball on here flamer? And why is it okay for dicky and roy to go after me but not the other way around? I think you should be more concerned with the racist and smut peddlers on here. They are the real problem.

OBAMA IN 2008!

Your "story" is that you went to ONE Chaminade/DeSmet bball game in Ahearns senior where there were allegedly only a few DeSmet fans and the "story" you got was they all hated Ahearn and stopped going to the games. So how do you explain all the DeSmet fans I saw at their other bball games that year?

Posted Image

I have more- that's called an example. To tell more supporting stories at this point is just plain gratuitous. And there were more games the students refused to attend. I was pretty clear before that it wasn't the whole season, but the fact that an entire class can organize a boycott of their own school's team for multiple games says a lot. By the way, ask Bob Steiner sometime what he thinks about Blake. It's a good thing Steiner's a classy guy and careful with his words because "lukewarm" would be generous. If you don't believe what I say, I encourage you to speak to people who might know. Oh wait, that would require more effort than just shooting your mouth off in an online forum.

I also apologize for not also mentioning your name in the last post. I know you like to get credit for your award-winning commentary.

I have more- that's called an example. To tell more supporting stories at this point is just plain gratuitous. And there were more games the students refused to attend. I was pretty clear before that it wasn't the whole season, but the fact that an entire class can organize a boycott of their own school's team for multiple games says a lot. By the way, ask Bob Steiner sometime what he thinks about Blake. It's a good thing Steiner's a classy guy and careful with his words because "lukewarm" would be generous. If you don't believe what I say, I encourage you to speak to people who might know. Oh wait, that would require more effort than just shooting your mouth off in an online forum.

I also apologize for not also mentioning your name in the last post. I know you like to get credit for your award-winning commentary.

So please explain to me the GAMES I went to that year where there were a lot of DeSmet students. Oh wait, that would require for you to apologize for talking out of your ass on a message board.

Pistol, first off I don't know Blake Ahearn (personally) but I have only heard good things about him from people who do...and it's not all just basketball related. Now, if your story is true I am assuming his father's decision to keep his son back paid off...as far as getting a scholarship and his education paid for...getting his degree...and now playing in the NBA....IMO...it was a good decision. I fail however to understand why you attack the character of these two people. I haven't heard anything about the father so you must have something more substantial to go by when you made comments about him....so...really my question to you is this....are you formulating your opinion of these people based on the story you told me (Ahearn staying back a grade)...if so I fail again to see how this so called decision makes people a "d-bag" and a another person even worse than that I am sure you have to be making these opinions based on something other than your story? What are the "facts" you know to attack these people's "character"?

FACT: Blake Ahearn's dad held him back in eighth grade against his will so that he may have an extra year of physical growth before playing competitive high school basketball.

Do you actually need more than that in order to tip you off that there might be a character issue with the father? What kind of twisted reality do we live in where it's perfectly acceptable to ignore all other aspects of a child's life so that he can have a leg up in high school basketball? RC, all I can say is that you would be a terrible social worker. I also hope that you wouldn't do that to a child.

Think about it this way- what if Blake didn't get a college scholarship? What if he didn't pan out as a high school basketball star? What if he didn't get to the NBDL and a 10-day contract with the Miami Heat? Because I can guarantee you that for every 1 Blake Ahearn there are 99 no-names who now hate their parents for robbing their childhood to grasp at the possibility of a college scholarship that never comes to fruition. Blake worked hard, but he is also very, very fortunate. One injury, one bad break, one bad stretch of games, one bad coach and he's just another "coulda been."

Growing up, my family went to the Mid County Y in Brentwood, and so did the Ahearns. My mom would take us there a lot, especially in the summer so we could get out of the heat and stay occupied while school was out. My brother and I would shoot around, swim, play racquetball- whatever it took to have fun and kill the afternoons. Blake, who age-wise was between my brother and me, would be at one basket taking hundreds of three-pointers and free throws, and logging them on a clipboard. His dad would poke his head in every once in a while to check on him. If Blake took a break or was talking to someone else, his dad would scream at the top of his lungs, "Blake, you're not shooting!" and then walk back out. He's a big guy with a big voice and it scared the hell out of my brother and me. The fact that he wasn't allowed to play in pickup games without logging a certain number of shots, the fact he was always alone, and especially the fact his dad publicly berated him for any break in his routine was tremendously alarming to me- even as a child. I can only hope that adults see why this is frightening. Blake is an exception in his success, not the rule.

Okay, that's it, I'm done. No more Ahearn discussion from me. I don't have a personal vendetta against the kid, I just think there's a lot people didn't know. There's an ugly side to the classic story of the hardworking-kid-makes-good story, and it rears its head in the form of overbearing parents (which can lead to brats for kids, albeit brats who know how to say the right thing when certain people are listening). That's a whole other discussion, though.

"Think about it this way- what if Blake didn't get a college scholarship? What if he didn't pan out as a high school basketball star? What if he didn't get to the NBDL and a 10-day contract with the Miami Heat?"

Pistol,

What if God didn't make little green apples? What if...it never rained in Indianapolis in the summertime?...

"My brother and I would shoot around, swim, play racquetball- whatever it took to have fun and kill the afternoons. Blake, who age-wise was between my brother and me, would be at one basket taking hundreds of three-pointers and free throws, and logging them on a clipboard."

I guess that's why your here explaining or arguing your unfounded statements...and Ahearn's in the NBA. Perhaps you should have forgotten the "whatever it took to have fun and kill the afternoons" thing...huh? Excuse me, but I think your brother is a d-bag for being right next to you at the Y and not pointing out this very thing to you years ago. I think I know now where your hositilities stem from....it's not Ahearn or his dad...it's your brother!

Since you no longer want to "defend" yourself on the Ahearn issue...try this one...."Is the earth round?"

So ya, some people are hip and funny and edgy. You, I repeat, are none of those things.

Shouldn't you be telling us that you think all four teams playing tonight will probably win? It's about time for another one of your great basketball prognostications.

I've inferred nothing about you, I merely judge you by what I've seen on here. You're boring, you like to instigate fights, you have poor grammar and spelling and you, in my OPINION, are not funny. I acknowledge that you think I'm unfunny, and I actually appreciate it. To each his own. But as SLUSAE (who is my former roommate and has known me for years) says, your approximations of my character are inaccurate and well past unfounded. If I had to categorize myself, I'd lean towards hippie. But I love pop culture in all its incarnations, not for its substance (GOD NO) but for the humor I can derive from its shallowness. And I use this board as an auxilliary creative outlet for my comical derision of it. I'll be the first to admit that my contribution to this board is 75% BS and 25% Billikens basketball, but it entertains me, and as far as I can tell it entertains most others. Every once in awhile I step on toes and I apologize for that. By no means is my sense of humor always humorous by logical standards. I am coarse and I take very little seriously. But I treat everyone fairly when I can. I truly do.

So... up your nose with a rubber hose.

And don't argue logic w/ me. There are those on this board and outside of it that can, and a good number who can do so better than me, but I feel pretty safe in making a slightly less pejorative assumption about you than you did about me... that you cannot.

This is the last time I'll discuss MY character w/ you. Anything else, go for it.

Postcard and RogueCop (same guy?), you guys aren't even making sense anymore. Seriously- the last argument was gibberish. Do everyone a favor and don't reproduce.

"I can guarantee you that for every 1 Blake Ahearn there are 99 no-names who now hate their parents for robbing their childhood to grasp at the possibility of a college scholarship that never comes to fruition."

One more thing...Name those 99 people...come on Pistol...you're on a role!

"Think about it this way- what if Blake didn't get a college scholarship? What if he didn't pan out as a high school basketball star? What if he didn't get to the NBDL and a 10-day contract with the Miami Heat?"

Pistol,

What if God didn't make little green apples? What if...it never rained in Indianapolis in the summertime?...

"My brother and I would shoot around, swim, play racquetball- whatever it took to have fun and kill the afternoons. Blake, who age-wise was between my brother and me, would be at one basket taking hundreds of three-pointers and free throws, and logging them on a clipboard."

I guess that's why your here explaining or arguing your unfounded statements...and Ahearn's in the NBA. Perhaps you should have forgotten the "whatever it took to have fun and kill the afternoons" thing...huh? Excuse me, but I think your brother is a d-bag for being right next to you at the Y and not pointing out this very thing to you years ago. I think I know now where your hositilities stem from....it's not Ahearn or his dad...it's your brother!

Since you no longer want to "defend" yourself on the Ahearn issue...try this one...."Is the earth round?"

So, you're an ends justify the means type of guy. I don't really think having your grade schooler record shots on a clipboad and constantly embarrassing him in front of his peers is a good thing.

Not sure why you're picking this fight with Pistol. He's proven he's a good contributor to the board and has no reason to just make up stories like this. Plus, the issues with Ahearn's dad were long documented on this board and others during his recruitment. It's old news.

"I can guarantee you that for every 1 Blake Ahearn there are 99 no-names who now hate their parents for robbing their childhood to grasp at the possibility of a college scholarship that never comes to fruition."

One more thing...Name those 99 people...come on Pistol...you're on a role!

"On a role?" You're even inventing phrases! I guess you missed the chapter on homophones in second grade.

There's a reason you can't name the other 99- because they're not in the NBA. Thus, they are "no-names" from a basketball standpoint. Hopefully they realized soon enough that sports aren't the only answer for most kids and focused on education and creating well-rounded lives. It sucks to have your life peak before adulthood, and I feel sorry for those kids.