rickma on with slaten now

there is a totally different tone to rickma's voice i havent heard since the missouri athletic club luncheon.

I only caught the last minute, in which he spoke about how it was emotional to thank and hug Danny Brown after today's game and mentioned how great Danny was about seeking out extra one-on-one instruction. (Danny Brown's growth this season is the perfect example of Rick Majerus at his best.)

Can someone summarize the rest for me?

he was in high rambling mode. slaten had very little chance to ask questions. slaten wanted to engage an a-10 vs mvc thing, and while rickma had some nice things to say about the mvc he instead got off on a how difficult the last couple of weeks of travel was for the billikens.

he went through the 5 recruits one by one and affirmmed he really wants 2-3 more players and especially big guys no mention of bringing in guards or how he would clear space. again, he wouldnt give slaten a chance to ask.

other than that a lot of little engine that tried talk for the season, etc.

he was in high rambling mode. slaten had very little chance to ask questions. slaten wanted to engage an a-10 vs mvc thing, and while rickma had some nice things to say about the mvc he instead got off on a how difficult the last couple of weeks of travel was for the billikens.

he went through the 5 recruits one by one and affirmmed he really wants 2-3 more players and especially big guys no mention of bringing in guards or how he would clear space. again, he wouldnt give slaten a chance to ask.

other than that a lot of little engine that tried talk for the season, etc.

In the little bit I caught, he also stated with great emotion in his voice how much he appreciated his seniors and what they did this season. He also admitted that he probably overworked them at times this season. I thought he was going to cry when he was discussing Danny at the very end.

In the little bit I caught, he also stated with great emotion in his voice how much he appreciated his seniors and what they did this season. He also admitted that he probably overworked them at times this season. I thought he was going to cry when he was discussing Danny at the very end.

Danny can leave with his head held up high. He left everything he had out on the court today.

Another example of RM admitting mistakes, which I heard him do several other times on his radio show. We can put that myth about him not admitting mistakes to bed once and for all.

Slaten's interview of RM was just replayed and I heard the replay. To add to the above, RM stated, in no particular order:

he is looking forward to next year; he has only be on the job 11 months; still has alot to do and is looking forward to this work; urged the public to buy a ticket now because we will be good and they will be hard to get one day; he blamed travel as the reason why LM and KL had no bounce in their legs against SBU; said 13 of the 14 schools are in the eastern time zone; most are in Philly or east of Philly; he wants to sit down and talk about travel and the conference with our new AD; praised our seniors as good people; said BH had to break a career of bad habits - which he did; BH went from a 7 footer who averaged 2 minutes per game to a real contributor; praised DB for all he has done; thanked the Scottrade people; said they were nice to him and the program but that he and his team - not once - practiced on their home floor all year; said this is not fair to the kids but that they, not once, complained, really looking forward to the new arena and good things to come.

I agree. What a performance by Brown. I thought the interview with Slaten was decent. Not the best but Majerus said some good things.

You know DB had shown signs before this year that he had a scorer's mentality. Problem was he was on double secret probation with you know who. One mistake on the defensive side or one or two TO's got him yanked. Awfully hard to find your rythym and confidence that way. But way to go DB. You went out in a blaze of glory. I wished now you had taken a redshirt year and were coming back with TL and KL.

You know DB had shown signs before this year that he had a scorer's mentality. Problem was he was on double secret probation with you know who. One mistake on the defensive side or one or two TO's got him yanked. Awfully hard to find your rythym and confidence that way. But way to go DB. You went out in a blaze of glory. I wished now you had taken a redshirt year and were coming back with TL and KL.

geez, danny brown's subpar junior year had nothing to do with getting yanked as much as his knee was just shot. brown always was a favorite of soderberg at the end of the year banquet last year, soderberg told us how much danny tried all season only to be denied due to his knee. he compared danny's knee prior to surgery as one of a 12 year nba veteran.

geez, danny brown's subpar junior year had nothing to do with getting yanked as much as his knee was just shot. brown always was a favorite of soderberg at the end of the year banquet last year, soderberg told us how much danny tried all season only to be denied due to his knee. he compared danny's knee prior to surgery as one of a 12 year nba veteran.

Agreed Roy. DB's knee was shot and that is why it took him so long to get back into rhythm. Not his lack of defense and don't blamn Majerus for the reason why he came around so late this season. A shot knee to a basketball player is the kiss of death. Especially for a shooter. Look at what happened to Bill Walton. Great college basketball player but not as good in the NBA. His knees went south. Don't even start to blame RM for this, that just makes me mad. RM worked hard with what he had and like someone said earlier, he has only been on the job for 11 months after sitting out for a couple of years. Next year will be the true marking of what RM can do at SLU. I think everyone will expect more than 16 wins, even RM.

Looking forward to a fresh start at the Chaifetz.