majerus show

Cowboy

Was wondering the same thing. He said he was meeting up with Doleac then going to watch a "big game". No idea of any guys we're recruiting from up there, but what an awesome recruiting tool to show with an NBA player who you pretty much made.

Agree, it is great Rick has these contacts. I recall when the team played in Boston, he had Rivers give a talk to the team. He also mentioned Van Horne will be coming by.

If Rick is going to a "big game", the top ranked team in Minnesota (Hopkins) is playing Minnetonka, who is ranked 2nd or 3rd depending on the poll, tonight.

Not sure who is on either of these teams, but for those of you who don't remember, Hopkins is the high school that produced Darren Clarke.

If Rick is going to a "big game", the top ranked team in Minnesota (Hopkins) is playing Minnetonka, who is ranked 2nd or 3rd depending on the poll, tonight.

Not sure who is on either of these teams, but for those of you who don't remember, Hopkins is the high school that produced Darren Clarke.

It doesnt seem like Rick ever goes for the highly-rated guys. I was hoping we would get more of a xavier type recruiting class

Rick is watching Sam Dower a Jr Osseo H.S. 6-8 212LB. SLU offered last month. There's a story on Hoopmasters.com.

I thought Rick said "Big Name" and not "Big Game". I was trying to listen the show, check out the board, and watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles at the same time. I should have been paying more attention.

Thanks for the info orphanfan. Is Van Coleman's sit pretty good? Is it worth the cost?

Rick is watching Sam Dower a Jr Osseo H.S. 6-8 212LB. SLU offered last month. There's a story on Hoopmasters.com.

Dower seems like another of "Rick's guys". Completely average numbers, but great size and his team is undefeated. My guess is he's probably got good classroom credentials as well. :P

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Player.mx...07-08/Minnesota

I thought Rick said "Big Name" and not "Big Game". I was trying to listen the show, check out the board, and watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles at the same time. I should have been paying more attention.

Thanks for the info orphanfan. Is Van Coleman's sit pretty good? Is it worth the cost?

Brian, what did you think of the Sarah Connor Chronicles? As a Terminator fan in my youth I thought they did a pretty good job with the show and tying up some of the storylines from movies 1 and 2. I thought the season finale was less than spectacular but I hope it comes back for a 2nd season.

Brian, what did you think of the Sarah Connor Chronicles? As a Terminator fan in my youth I thought they did a pretty good job with the show and tying up some of the storylines from movies 1 and 2. I thought the season finale was less than spectacular but I hope it comes back for a 2nd season.

I have enjoyed it. I, too, thought the finale was a little lacking. I doubt that it was originally supposed to be the final episode. I think the writers strike screwed up the plans for that. I hope it comes back. I think the show has a lot of potential.

I haven't watched last nights episode (got it on DVR...guess i'll have to avoid the rest of this thread), but I've enjoyed it this season. I just watched last weeks episode and I was pleasantly suprised they tied in the Terminator movies with the show. I didn't know if they were going to do that.

I've become a huge fan of Majerus' show. He is entertaining and so knowledgeable it's amazing and must listen radio. However one criticism, if that's what you want to call it is that I can see how the guy got into a little trouble with the NCAA. He's just not all there all the time. Most coaches I guess are like this but Majerus just seems in a zone most of the time. For example he constantly references helping players get jobs in the private sector on the air. Is that allowed? Seems like it could be a gray area.

I've become a huge fan of Majerus' show. He is entertaining and so knowledgeable it's amazing and must listen radio. However one criticism, if that's what you want to call it is that I can see how the guy got into a little trouble with the NCAA. He's just not all there all the time. Most coaches I guess are like this but Majerus just seems in a zone most of the time. For example he constantly references helping players get jobs in the private sector on the air. Is that allowed? Seems like it could be a gray area.

I remember that from Monday night. That was regarding Husak, who is completing the requirements for a MBA. I think after they graduate or finish with college basketball, its no big deal.

I also enjoy the show. For some reason I don't recall ever listening to BS or Romer's Show. Spoon I do remember because he would always talk Cardinal Baseball.

Dower seems like another of "Rick's guys". Completely average numbers, but great size and his team is undefeated. My guess is he's probably got good classroom credentials as well. :D

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Player.mx...07-08/Minnesota

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this kid has a good perimeter shot. Historically that's the type of big RM has recruited.