Great game

slu72

Kudos to our interior D on Nivins (man I wish we had him). I thought AK did a particularly good job.

3-4 in the A-10 this year is pretty good, if you ask me. We have a real shot at .500 on the road; it's unfortunate that we have lost some real nail biters at home. Let's kick the crap out of the Bonnies on Saturday and assure ourselves of at least as good a conference record as we had last year. It is becoming more and more apparent that our man Rickma still has his coaching mojo.

They really looked good tonight. A road win in the A-10 ain't easy. Against St. J's really tough. Way to go Bills!

Congrats to all the Bills. You played big and left it all out on the court tonight.

Great shooting, the dunk was awesome, and super interior "D". Denied Nivens the ball. He is a load but we covered him and kept him from running away with the game.

Super job Bills.

Great effort by everyone - Tommy, Kevin, Bryce, Luke (11 rebounds!) and Danny Freaking Brown.

This really was a game where everyone worked together and just got it done. Kevin leading the first half charge and hitting clutch shots late, Tommie leading the second half charge, Luke quietly filling up the stat sheet and doing all the little things better than anyone else, Danny playing the best ball of his career and capping a wild play with a fantastic dunk, Bryce disrupting St. Joe's inside, Adam doing a nice defensive job in there, Barry stepping up on D and providing the no-look pass, Polk being the floor leader, and Eckerle making you forget he's a freshman. I look around and don't feel the least bit disappointed with anyone's performance last night. Great win.

By the way, I have become a huge Hubert Davis fan. He does an excellent job, and is under the radar as one of ESPN's best guys.

Congrats to all the Bills. You played big and left it all out on the court tonight.

Great shooting, the dunk was awesome, and super interior "D". Denied Nivens the ball. He is a load but we covered him and kept him from running away with the game.

Super job Bills.

Wow, what a fun game to watch. The Bills looked good on the road and our two studs stepped up. KL and TL played great. They put a little more pressure on KL in the second half but that's when TL took over. I tried to see if the DB dunk was on the 10 pm Sportscenter but could not find it. Did anyone see if it was on sports television anywhere?

This really was a game where everyone worked together and just got it done. Kevin leading the first half charge and hitting clutch shots late, Tommie leading the second half charge, Luke quietly filling up the stat sheet and doing all the little things better than anyone else, Danny playing the best ball of his career and capping a wild play with a fantastic dunk, Bryce disrupting St. Joe's inside, Adam doing a nice defensive job in there, Barry stepping up on D and providing the no-look pass, Polk being the floor leader, and Eckerle making you forget he's a freshman. I look around and don't feel the least bit disappointed with anyone's performance last night. Great win.

By the way, I have become a huge Hubert Davis fan. He does an excellent job, and is under the radar as one of ESPN's best guys.

Agree with the comments about Davis. He knows the game well since he was a pretty good player at Carolina and he is easy to listen to. On a side note: did anyone notice how the public address announcer was butchering TL's last name in the first half? I think he got it right in the second half.

It was #6 on the first sportscenter of the the night

I checked it out this morning and it was bumped to number 10.

Agree on Hubert Davis. Both of the announcers were pretty good, I thought. Although they were just doing there job, I felt they knew a lot more about SLU and our situation than guys in the past.

Just a good all around team effort by our guys. TL and KL seem to have fully caught on and look very comfortable out there. And you can't say enough about Danny Brown. It's amazing what that guy has done this year.

I'm still a little in awe that we won that game. That was St. Joe's for the taking. They were a bunch of giants. If they were able to get the ball in the paint, they would have dominated. But they couldn't. And for about 5 minutes there, every time they tried to get the ball in, our help defense was there to create a turnover. Haven't looked at the stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the most turnovers we forced all season. This game, more than any I've seen this year, really shows how much height we lack. We sorely need some guys over 6'5. Husak, while a nonfactor on offense, noticeably changed the game when he was in there. Solely because of his height.

I'm starting to think we may have a shot in AC...

Agree on Hubert Davis. Both of the announcers were pretty good, I thought. Although they were just doing there job, I felt they knew a lot more about SLU and our situation than guys in the past.

Just a good all around team effort by our guys. TL and KL seem to have fully caught on and look very comfortable out there. And you can't say enough about Danny Brown. It's amazing what that guy has done this year.

I'm still a little in awe that we won that game. That was St. Joe's for the taking. They were a bunch of giants. If they were able to get the ball in the paint, they would have dominated. But they couldn't. And for about 5 minutes there, every time they tried to get the ball in, our help defense was there to create a turnover. Haven't looked at the stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the most turnovers we forced all season. This game, more than any I've seen this year, really shows how much height we lack. We sorely need some guys over 6'5. Husak, while a nonfactor on offense, noticeably changed the game when he was in there. Solely because of his height.

Nashville,

I think every team that gets in has a shot in AC. The conference is so up in the air right now, it's sick. On any given night, SLU can hang with any team in the A-10. They showed they can play against the big boys like Xavier, Dayton, UMASS, St. Joes, and even the second place team right now, Richmond (how in the world is that possible). I am looking forward to an exciting tourney in AC.

That St Joe's team has no excuse for being on the bubble. That team should have had itself already clearly in the tournament. Majerus schooled Martelli last night. Martelli's rep has always far exceeded his ability.

Nasville,

I think every team that gets in has a shot in AC. The conference is so up in the air right now, it's sick. On any given night, SLU can hang with any team in the A-10. They showed they can play against the big boys like Xavier, Dayton, UMASS, St. Joes, and even the second place team right now, Richmond (how in the world is that possible). I am looking forward to an exciting tourney in AC.

Belive it or not LaSalle is in second. They hold the tie breaker over Richmond.

the fact that it is very possible that there might be 9 way tie for fourth place is boggling. the conference tourney is really shaping up to be a battle of coin tosses and xavier.

That St Joe's team has no excuse for being on the bubble. That team should have had itself already clearly in the tournament. Majerus schooled Martelli last night. Martelli's rep has always far exceeded his ability.

Agreed. However, I really think SLU just burst their bubble last night. No excuses to lose to a team at home that is not good on the road. The Selection Committee will frown upon this for St. Joe's. This may open it up to a different third team for the A-10. I still think the A-10 gets 3 in the Big Dance - Xavier, Rhode Island and now maybe UMASS. However, if someone else wins the tourney, someone could get bumped.

Agreed. However, I really think SLU just burst their bubble last night. No excuses to lose to a team at home that is not good on the road. The Selection Committee will frown upon this for St. Joe's. This may open it up to a different third team for the A-10. I still think the A-10 gets 3 in the Big Dance - Xavier, Rhode Island and now maybe UMASS. However, if someone else wins the tourney, someone could get bumped.

st joes has the opponents to still control their own destiny. temple xavier and dayton are nice teams that with wins can easily vault st joes back into the fray. however i dont think st joes has wiggle room any more now.

a loss to saint louis is not disasterous. saint louis has enough nice wins and decent record.