Tonights Student Attendance

Westy03

Im setting the over/under at 50 students. I will gladly take the under. Does anyone think that the Xavier game will get the students charged up about the Bills or will student attendance continue to dwindle?

No ESPN and no big promotion of the game = right about 50 students

It is cold outside so I will take the under. I do predict a big turn out for the drinking specials near campus tonight.

Hell I could piss in a pitcher and charge the students a dollar at the Scottrade Center, do you think they will show up?

Another Excuse for tonight and every Wednesday night from here on out.

Intramural basketball games are played tonight from 5-9. So that is 14 teams, about 7-8 players per team. With that inside info, I will take the under.

I will be MIA bc of intramurals as well...

Nick

Another Excuse for tonight and every Wednesday night from here on out.

Intramural basketball games are played tonight from 5-9. So that is 14 teams, about 7-8 players per team. With that inside info, I will take the under.

I will be MIA bc of intramurals as well...

Nick

see that just p!sses me off. not from the students that are playing intramurals stand point, but from slu's. how stupid is it that the organizers of the intramural league couldnt see that conflict. you have to make the campus not have other options. just stupid.

I also have intramurals. However, I'll be skipping them for the game. As far as the 50 goes, there will be my fellow 10+ Sig Eps there and the usual 10 Blue Crewers. The other 30 are up in the air, so I'll go with right around 50 as well.

see that just p!sses me off. not from the students that are playing intramurals stand point, but from slu's. how stupid is it that the organizers of the intramural league couldnt see that conflict. you have to make the campus not have other options. just stupid.

I agree Roy. It does suck. I wish it was on a different day. It has been on Wednesday since my freshman year (2003) which means every game that is on a Wednesday, 6 teams are hooping it up every hour at Simon Rec at the same time.

I agree Roy. It does suck. I wish it was on a different day. It has been on Wednesday since my freshman year (2003) which means every game that is on a Wednesday, 6 teams are hooping it up every hour at Simon Rec at the same time.

yes, i would not blame you for going to your intramural game. but damn i think the organizer of your league is either a total jerk or an idiot for not making sure there is not a conflict with the billikens men or women. just dont play that week and add another at the end of the schedule. just horrible.

this is another thing that a student liason could have searched out and then taken care of getting fixed.

I remember when I started SLU in the fall of 95 I was just shocked that they would have intramurals during SLU home games, the Superbowl, whatever. I guess time and space is limited so they can't just take nights off but it pissed me off too.

I remember when I started SLU in the fall of 95 I was just shocked that they would have intramurals during SLU home games, the Superbowl, whatever. I guess time and space is limited so they can't just take nights off but it pissed me off too.

i would doubt they are using those excuses. i bet they just dont care. didnt even try to figure it out. what's a couple extra weeks added on? or playing it on saturday morning instead. there's a way but you likely got a very lazy administrator of the program that couldnt care less.

one thing i back rickma on completely is we gotta get that campus mindset and atmosphere changed. but that involves a lot of corners of slu working together. i.e. it needs to come from above down.

There will be about 30 in attendance. The rest from the XU game will claim to be "studying" but in fact will be sitting in their dorm rooms playing Guitar Hero or looking at pr0n.

Actually i am in the library studying for my tax test tomorrow trying to get some updates on the game, will be at the game next wednesday against fordham though.

i would doubt they are using those excuses. i bet they just dont care. didnt even try to figure it out. what's a couple extra weeks added on? or playing it on saturday morning instead. there's a way but you likely got a very lazy administrator of the program that couldnt care less.

one thing i back rickma on completely is we gotta get that campus mindset and atmosphere changed. but that involves a lot of corners of slu working together. i.e. it needs to come from above down.

Seriously, who would be lame enough to play intramurals rather than go to the game? I guess the answer is 90% of the student population. They should reserve about 50 student seats for games next year.

The real problem is that the cheerleaders are such teases. When I began the Booze Crew all the way back in 2003, they would not show me any attention. I was by far the loudest, drunkest a-hole in the Savvis (if you kids remember that name) and could even get a glance. I had the most clever signs, call travis deiner a "weiner" and what not, but nothing. If you ask me, don't blame the students, blame the cheerleaders for not giving enough love and affection. GRAND FOREST 3409D!!!!!

Agreed. There is enough time for both. The students just aren't fans.

Geez, you guys a pretty tough on fighting billiken. If he weren't a fan he wouldn't be posting on here. What were the thousands of other students who missed the game doing tonight? I'd say he's pretty far down on the list of students I'd want to ding tonight.

The real problem is that the cheerleaders are such teases. When I began the Booze Crew all the way back in 2003, they would not show me any attention. I was by far the loudest, drunkest a-hole in the Savvis (if you kids remember that name) and could even get a glance. I had the most clever signs, call travis deiner a "weiner" and what not, but nothing. If you ask me, don't blame the students, blame the cheerleaders for not giving enough love and affection. GRAND FOREST 3409D!!!!!

Is this really you're first post? You've been waiting 6 weeks for this?

Roy. You seem surprised that, at SLU, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I would be surprised if the right hand knew, or even cares, what the left hand is doing.

I completely agree with you here Roy. There is not that much school spirit around this campus at all. If an outsider came to the Xavier game though and that was the only game that person came to, he (or she) would think the exact opposite. IMO, and i could be totally off, they need to market the games better. Yes, I am completely aware they have a free shuttle and free tickets, which i have no idea why more people do not take advantage of, but for the Xavier game I think I received three or four emails telling me about the game. For the other games, I have received zero. Also, before the Xavier game there was, I guess you could call a "pep ralley" or something like that, where they were having free face painting and giving out balloons. The expenses for that could not have been that much. It would be nice if they could have that before each game at Salsaritas. All of a sudden SLU students are not going to be excited about going to games, unless some things change around here.

Also, thank you for kevin and whoever backed me up tonight. If you have your own opinion about that, I cannot change it. Apparently the meaning of the word fan though is very ambiguous. If I miss a game for some reasons, I still consider myself a fan. Maybe not a die-hard fan, but a fan indeed.