Top Billikens of Past 25 Years

kevinfootes

Just for fun, here are the guys I would pick for one roster.

Bonner, Hughes, Highmark, Claggett, Waldman, Love, Lisch, Liddell, Perry, Voyoukus, Heinrich, Gray, Douglass.

Honorable mention

Bryant, Meyer, Harris, Dobbs, David Robinson, Turner

I'm not including guys who quit, like big chill.

Am I missing anyone?

Bonner, Hughes, Highmark, Claggett, Waldman, Love, Lisch, Liddell, Perry, Voyoukus, Heinrich, Gray, Douglass.

Honorable mention

Am I missing anyone?

Mo Jeffers

C - Vouyoukas, Heinrich

PF - Bonner, Dobbs,

SF - Gray, Jeffers, Highmark

SG - Claggett, Hughes, Love

PG - Perry, Waldman

if i only use ex-billikens the list would be

center vouyoukas

the power forwards would be bonner, dobbs, harris

small forwards, gray, jeffers, highmark

sg claggett, hughes, love

pg burns, perry and waldman

we discuss this after lisch and liddell graduate, i will drop two players to add kevin and tommie.

to illustrate though the billiken problem for the last 30 years though, probably the two weakest players of the 13 are vouyoukas and harris. two bigs. we just havnt had the needed inside players. no shortage of great wings!

center vouyoukas

we discuss this after lisch and liddell graduate, i will drop two players to add kevin and tommie.

to illustrate though the billiken problem for the last 30 years though, probably the two weakest players of the 13 are vouyoukas and harris. two bigs. we just havnt had the needed inside players. no shortage of great wings!

I think Burns graduated in 81 or 82, so he wouldn't be in the last 25 years. I started following the Bills in 78 and in that time the best two players have been David Burns and Larry Hughes. The best point guard was Waldmann, best center Vouyukous, bestpower forward Bonner. Those are my top 5.

Honorable mention

Am I missing anyone?

I wouldn't put Lisch or Liddell there yet. I would add Dobbs and Jeffers to the 13. I would probably keep Douglass over Harris or Robinson for the instant office he could give you off the bench.

I would probably add to the honorable mention Jamal Johnson and Fisher. As a matter of fact it would probably come down to Fisher and Douglass for the final spot. Fisher played outstanding defense.

Switch him with Heinrich. Second thought, I liked Chris, but I don't know he belongs on the any list.

Well, I'm looking at it from the perspective of filling out a roster, so having a true center would make sense. Besides, I think Heinrich was a tough center playing in a really good conference and getting about 9 or 10 points and 7 boards a game. He would have really good numbers in the A10.

I think Burns graduated in 81 or 82, so he wouldn't be in the last 25 years. I started following the Bills in 78 and in that time the best two players have been David Burns and Larry Hughes. The best point guard was Waldmann, best center Vouyukous, bestpower forward Bonner. Those are my top 5.

Burns was certainly a great Billiken. I kind of limited my list to the beginning of the Grawwer era until the persent.

center vouyoukas

I'd add Charles Newberry to my honorable mention list.

Well, I'm looking at it from the perspective of filling out a roster, so having a true center would make sense. Besides, I think Heinrich was a tough center playing in a really good conference and getting about 9 or 10 points and 7 boards a game. He would have really good numbers in the A10.

steve's stat's link is missing the 99-2000 season, however in heinrich's other 3 seasons at slu he did the following:

97-98 4.3 ppg and 3.0 rpg

98-99 3.5 ppg and 3.0 rpg

99-00 missing

00-01 6.0 ppg and 4.5 rpg

heinrich gets credit for being seven foot. no way i want him on my 13 man all time billiken roster. let bonner play the few minutes at center that ian needs a rest.

steve's stat's link is missing the 99-2000 season, however in heinrich's other 3 seasons at slu he did the following:

99-00 missing

heinrich gets credit for being seven foot. no way i want him on my 13 man all time billiken roster. let bonner play the few minutes at center that ian needs a rest.

I think you have to put Heinrich on the team. He brought a ton on the defensive end. It would all depend on what kind of offense you are going to run. If you are going to run a traditional style offense you keep Heinrich on the team. If you plan on getting up and down the court you can drop him from the team.

I think you have to put Heinrich on the team. He brought a ton on the defensive end. It would all depend on what kind of offense you are going to run. If you are going to run a traditional style offense you keep Heinrich on the team. If you plan on getting up and down the court you can drop him from the team.

considering the fantasy luxury of having the all time billiken greats making up the roster, why wouldnt you run it up and down the floor? we would have no reason to play slow ball when we have hughes, claggett, love, highmark, waldman, bonner, perry, jeffers, douglas, gray, etc all on the floor at the same time. bonner and ian could handle the middle just fine.

considering the fantasy luxury of having the all time billiken greats making up the roster, why wouldnt you run it up and down the floor? we would have no reason to play slow ball when we have hughes, claggett, love, highmark, waldman, bonner, perry, jeffers, douglas, gray, etc all on the floor at the same time. bonner and ian could handle the middle just fine.

You are right if you are going to have that talent you might as well get up and down the court. I would probably replace Heinrich on that kind of team with Robinson. I would, also, probably get Fisher on that team for his defense at the guard posistion.

I used to love it when both Tatem and Heinrich played defense. They would literally beat the crap out anyone who would try to penetrate. (I hoping that Conklin brings a little of that moxie). But on the 'all-last-25 year Billiken fantasy team', I don't think I go that far.

99-00 missing

I guess I remembered his numbers as being better. I stand corrected. I will say that I'd want his toughness on my team. I'm not sure there's been a tougher Billiken.

I can only make my team since '90 as that's all I've seen play.

Bigs

Ian Voyoukas, Anthony Bonner, Jeff Harris, David Robinson, Jamaal Johnson

Point Guard

H Waldman, Tommie Liddell III

2-3 Guards

Kevin Lisch, Erwin Claggett, Marque Perry, Justin Love, Mo Jeffers, Larry Hughes

I start

1. Tommie Liddell III

2. Erwin Claggett

3. Larry Hughes

4. Anthony Bonner

5. Ian Voyoukas