Discussion re Husak's play

Well Bryce another stellar effort again last night. Two missed threes wich you have no business taking. The shot you had blocked wich lucky for you was a goaltending. You were standing right under the basket GO UP AND DUNK THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!! You are a liability everytime you step on the floor. I enjoyed as you tripped over your own two feet as you galloped up the court.

My other is DEwayne what good am I polk. I can't shoot, dribble play alittle defense.

Why is it that when they were pressuring us on the perimiter There was the cutter to the basket? It was there alot in the first half. We play right into there hands becuse we let them dictate the game. We play mid major basketball play decent defense and rely on the jump shot. If they ever outlawed the jumper we would be screwed. We just do not attack the basket.

To Quote the great Phog Allen, " Basketball is a game meant to be played arond the rim. We hardly ever drive to the basket wich cuts down on our unsuccessfull trips to the line.

We have to have the worst players when it comes to moving without the ball.

Lastly one thing that Majerus discovered with his first class of recruits that Sodie didn't is that players do grow taller than 6'6. Brads nine guard three bigs is killing us. We are still two years away.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Bryce another stellar effort again last night. Two missed threes wich you have no business taking. The shot you had blocked wich lucky for you was a goaltending. You were standing right under the basket GO UP AND DUNK THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!! You are a liability everytime you step on the floor. I enjoyed as you tripped over your own two feet as you galloped up the court.

My other is DEwayne what good am I polk. I can't shoot, dribble play alittle defense.

Why is it that when they were pressuring us on the perimiter There was the cutter to the basket? It was there alot in the first half. We play right into there hands becuse we let them dictate the game. We play mid major basketball play decent defense and rely on the jump shot. If they ever outlawed the jumper we would be screwed. We just do not attack the basket.

To Quote the great Phog Allen, " Basketball is a game meant to be played arond the rim. We hardly ever drive to the basket wich cuts down on our unsuccessfull trips to the line.

Lastly one thing that Majerus discovered with his first class of recruits that Sodie didn't is that players do grow taller than 6'6. Brads nine guard three bigs is killing us. We are still two years away.

Gary, Lay off the meth, babe!. Both Dwayne an Husak played pretty decent defense last night. As someone else mentioned, I wish Bryce had been in the lane with 2 second left. We'd be going to OT.

You are correct that Brad's recruiting left us as holy as Ray Burke this year. Take a deep breath and deal with it......

Hate to say it, but Husak was a difference maker when he was on the court last night - he had five points, five rebounds and two blocks in 11 minutes. BE was solid offensively, but his defense and rebounding was lacking. I think the game would have been closer in the first half with Husak out there, but he was in foul trouble. Sure, Husak took a bad three in the second half, but I still think he gives us the best chance to win when he is out there. He rebounds and plays defense in the middle. BE is playing out of position and it shows.

gary we wouldnt have had a chance at the end if not for the two blocks down the stretch by husak. this is not a game to be on bryce imo he did his part.

hey i wanted to win as much as anyone. and i couldnt get to sleep last night thinking about just how close we came. but i tell you want, that was a top 10 team we took to the wire last night imo. i feel a hell of a lot better about last night's loss than some of the stinkers in december.

Completely disagree on the Husak statements.

Husak is slow. Husak is limited athletically. Husak should dunk more often. Husak shouldn't bring the ball down when he's in the post. Nobody's gonna disagree with that. But the thing is, the game changes when Bryce is in. He's 7'1. That in itself is a big difference. Just look at the game when Bryce is in there. He blocks shots. He alters shots. People don't want to drive when he's in there. And I have no problem at all with him shooting those three's. He's proved he can make them. It's not like he airballs them or they look way off. Until we have somebody not named Kevin Lisch consitently making shots from beyond the arch, Bryce is as good as the rest. I'd like him to be better at posting up and making himself big, but he brings more to the table than gives up, IMO.

gary we wouldnt have had a chance at the end if not for the two blocks down the stretch by husak. this is not a game to be on bryce imo he did his part.

hey i wanted to win as much as anyone. and i couldnt get to sleep last night thinking about just how close we came. but i tell you want, that was a top 10 team we took to the wire last night imo. i feel a hell of a lot better about last night's loss than some of the stinkers in december.

Yeah, I don't know why anybody would be mad about how Bryce played last night, besides that he was in foul trouble. Bryce is what he is but people should rest assured, help is on the way with Conklin, Thompson, Reed and hopefully a Juco TBD

Billiken Rich I can honestly say never tried meth. After reading some of your posts I can honestly see why I shouldn't .

For all those who think Brycve played a good game Where was he at on the final drive to the basket I guess he couldn't alter his shot. Teams are not afraid to attack him because they know he can't move as far as his jumping ability he couldn't jump onto a pizza box. Even his coach doesn't have alot of confidence he is in there by default nothing more.

Billiken Rich I can honestly say never tried meth. After reading some of your posts I can honestly see why I shouldn't .

For all those who think Brycve played a good game Where was he at on the final drive to the basket I guess he couldn't alter his shot. Teams are not afraid to attack him because they know he can't move as far as his jumping ability he couldn't jump onto a pizza box. Even his coach doesn't have alot of confidence he is in there by default nothing more.

'

He wasn't in the game on the last shot. Remember that we were playing a 5 guard offense down the stretch in order to make the comeback. Bryce is what he is but he played well last night when he was in the game.

So, who's the better center Gary? Who on our team can match what Bryce gives us at the 5? Nobody. That doesn't make Bryce an all-conference player. It makes him the best center we have. He has turned himself into a pretty adequate D-1 center.

You're quite a classy induvidual. Starting a thread saying one of our seniors sucks in all caps...that's good stuff.

I have a radical suggestion for you, bub -- how about trying to imagine a life in which you do not feel the need to come on here and publicly mock and ridicule one of our student athletes?? Everyone has room for improvement --including even possibly YOU -- but nobody likes being called names or made the butt of idiotic (pseudo) humor. Rather, just a touch of gentleness and understanding might help. It's called class.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you blocked a shot from one of the best players on a top-20 college basketball team?

I have some mild advice -- search for, and hopefully latch upon, a life in which you find edification and enjoyment in some activities other than this sort of rancorous and stupid post about Bryce, or anyone else. Everyone is welcome to voice their opinions -- I just wish there was some kindness and seriousness about it. That sort of swill just burns my grits.

If he was playing as well as everyone says he was. The coach had the oppurtunity to put him back in their and did not. What does that tell you.

It tells me that Coach didn't think Bryce was the right person to have in there at that time. What the hell is it supposed to tell us? We only had 5 guys on the court at that point. What does that say about the rest of the team? Hell, I saw Coach K with a whole bench full of people the other night. What does that tell you?

I used to wonder why people on here gave you so much attitude. It's all clear now.

The attitude that people give me is because they think to lose last night like we did at home is acceptable. This is not a young starting five 2 juniors 3 seniors. You do not let someone come into your house and beat you.

It is this that gets me mad. To Quote the worst coach in the NFL " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".

The attitude that people give me is because they think to lose last night like we did at home is acceptable. This is not a young starting five 2 juniors 3 seniors. You do not let someone come into your house and beat you.

It is this that gets me mad. To Quote the worst coach in the NFL " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".

Not one person on here has said last night's loss was acceptable. The reason why people give you trouble on here is due to the fact you are an ass.

Gary, let me be the first to state last night's loss is perfectly acceptable. I can live with such "bad" losses. I wish we had three or four other games where we had the same level of gritty, determined effort. Sometimes the final shot goes against you. Shrug your shoulders admit the pain, and move on. Their effort last night merits kudos, not raspberries.

What is unacceptable is your conduct. Don't drink before you post. Being a braying jackass and telling seniors they are ultimate losers in your inimitable manner bites. I hope the mods give you a couple weeks to contemplate how to vacumm negative displacement!!!

This board is hilarious when people have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation, they resort to name calling.

You mean like you did when you started this thread? I bet you thought you were pretty witty when you came up with the Hu Sucks play on Bryce's name.

Gary, let me be the first to state last night's loss is perfectly acceptable. I can live with such "bad" losses. I wish we had three or four other games where we had the same level of gritty, determined effort. Sometimes the final shot goes against you. Shrug your shoulders admit the pain, and move on. Their effort last night merits kudos, not raspberries.

What is unacceptable is your conduct. Don't drink before you post. Being a braying jackass and telling seniors they are ultimate losers in your inimitable manner bites. I hope the mods give you a couple weeks to contemplate how to vacumm negative displacement!!!

I don't want to ever accept losing, but the effort of the guys last night was more than acceptable. They gave it all they had. This team plays hard night in night out. It is reflected in the way the play defense. No matter how bad they shoot they always get after it defensively. Even in the GW game they never stopped.

The loss in unacceptable? Unacceptable is being down by 16 at the first half and giving up. Unacceptable is being down by 13 at half and giving a lack luster performance to start to the second half. Unacceptable is being down by 9 with 2 minutes to go and not stepping up and carrying a team on your back. Those situations are unacceptable, and none of them happened. These kids played their heart out to a top 15 Xavier team who has more depth, more playmakers, and more talent person for person. Yes, I admit it took awhile to get over this loss last night. Looking back on it, how can you not tip your hat off to the players who played their asses off scrapping for each point they got. I can only remember a couple fast breaks for easy buckets. Hopefully this game will slowly start to reenergize the student body so they can be excited to go to a billiken game. To the players, thank you for a great game and for never giving up.

The loss in unacceptable? Unacceptable is being down by 16 at the first half and giving up. Unacceptable is being down by 13 at half and giving a lack luster performance to start to the second half. Unacceptable is being down by 9 with 2 minutes to go and not stepping up and carrying a team on your back. Those situations are unacceptable, and none of them happened. These kids played their heart out to a top 15 Xavier team who has more depth, more playmakers, and more talent person for person. Yes, I admit it took awhile to get over this loss last night. Looking back on it, how can you not tip your hat off to the players who played their asses off scrapping for each point they got. I can only remember a couple fast breaks for easy buckets. Hopefully this game will slowly start to reenergize the student body so they can be excited to go to a billiken game. To the players, thank you for a great game and for never giving up.

hrrrm... best first post i've ever seen.

Hey sheltiedave i'm not being negative i'm stating my opinion. Isn't that the purpose of the board. I guess Bernie's right there is too much of that CYC mentality. I will keep posting if you don't like it don't read it. Free Speech. They can't ban me for my opinion. Don't rip the players. Come on do you not read other baords this one is as tame as they come.

Sheltie Dave You guys just don't get it. ILLINI fans didn't accept their double ot loss they weren't saying we tried our hardest. They were mad.

Bryce had a good game last night. I will be really intrested to see the plus/minus numbers on the game last night. BH had to be near the top of the team in that respect last night.

Agreed. I saw several instances where Bryce flat out forced players to alter their shot or pull it back. I don't think anyone is going to mistake him for Bill Walton, but in the minutes he played last night he was effective.