Majerus: Future is Bleak

FlyersFan

I genuinely like St. Louis and certainly do not intend to post anything that you would consider offensive or inflamatory. But I am a bit disappointed in your coach's negative attitude about the basketball team of the fine institution that is paying his very high salary. Here is what Coach Majerus had to say after the game (registration is required but free):

Re-energized Flyers rout Billikens (Dayton Daily News, January 31) Excerpt:

First-year coach Rick Majerus wasn't optimistic about the Billikens' future.

"We probably have to be the smallest team in the league and the least athletic," Majerus said bluntly. "That's two things you don't want to be."

Coach: if you can't think of anything good to say about your team, it's better to say nothing at all.

Hopefully, last night's game will serve as some serious motivation for the Billikens, and they can get another big win at home. Road games are very tough to win in the A10. Only five days ago, the Flyers lost by 17 at Richmond.

Best of luck against the Minutemen on Saturday !

I genuinely like St. Louis and certainly do not intend to post anything that you would consider offensive or inflamatory. But I am a bit disappointed in your coach's negative attitude about the basketball team of the fine institution that is paying his very high salary. Here is what Coach Majerus had to say after the game (registration is required but free):

"We probably have to be the smallest team in the league and the least athletic," Majerus said bluntly. "That's two things you don't want to be."

Coach: if you can't think of anything good to say about your team, it's better to say nothing at all.

Hopefully, last night's game will serve as some serious motivation for the Billikens, and they can get another big win at home. Road games are very tough to win in the A10. Only five days ago, the Flyers lost by 17 at Richmond.

When did telling the truth become a sin?

Where did Majerus say the future is bleak?

Someone better hire Soderberg quick because he somehow got something out of this sizeless, talentless group.

Jack, get your head out of your rear. Do we have to go over this same Ian vs. Bryce thread again. What a moron. PS, the great Brad Soderberg is coaching the freshman girls at St. Charles West, maybe you can go watch them play and relive some of those great coaching memories. While you are at the game, ask him why he wasn't interested in a 6'9'' 280 lb center who recently had a 39 point game for SWIC, and who is receiving heavy interest from Kentucky and other major programs.

I'm sure his reply will be that he would rather have a small unathletic team any day.

Majerus has been trashing our players all season. Shocking at first but we've since become accustomed.

Majerus has been trashing our players all season. Shocking at first but we've since become accustomed.

I think that saying he has been trashing our players all season is misleading. Yes, he has pointed out their shortcoming as basketball players, but he has gone out of the way to state that he has a great group of young men.

You don't mean any ill-will, yet read your headline. Did RM say "The future is bleak"?

our team is undersized and unathletic. We have YMCA all stars on our team. The best basketball teams in the country are not filled with nice choir boys like we currently possess. Brad Soderburg was a horrible recruiter. Next year we will have a senior backcourt along with top 150 BIG MEN. This team sucks, get over it. NEXTYEAR