2009 prospect video

stlhi, i saw brandon harold friday nite. shame he is going to play football. he would have made someone very happy as a power forward. i would say he is grimes with effort and a good attitude.

btw, eastside has an extremely talented freshman that starts and plays the entire game. keonte minor. keep an eye on the kid. extemely athletic and plays hard ever minute.

darian sain is a dwayne polk twin.

Moytoy, what about this video says D2, D3, or NAIA prospect instead of D1 prospect? He showed the midrange game, his ability to get to the basket, his outside shot, his athleticism, and his post up game all in one contest vs U. City. He's been the leading scorer on one of the top teams in the area the last 2 years. He still has 1 1/2 years left in his high school career. What about him says he's not a D1 prospect?

Moytoy, what about this video says D2, D3, or NAIA prospect instead of D1 prospect? He showed the midrange game, his ability to get to the basket, his outside shot, his athleticism, and his post up game all in one contest vs U. City. He's been the leading scorer on one of the top teams in the area the last 2 years. He still has 1 1/2 years left in his high school career. What about him says he's not a D1 prospect?

I'm not the expert. I was hoping to gain some insight on this kid. I have no clue who he's playing in that video. I have no clue about his defense. I have no clue about any fundamentals, spacing, rebounding, anticipation, etc. I didn't bring him to the board and tout him as a D1 prospect.

You did and once again your analysis consists of getting to the basket, his outside shot, his athleticism, and his post up game. Again the same shallow anaylsis that you constantly provide.

I guess nowadays all you have to do is post a video and proclaim the kid can ball. Poof...he's a D1 prospect. Apparently, you don't even have to explain your position.

Thicks, before i get scolded from you again, are these legitimate enough questions?

Having "coached" Wallace when he was a freshman, I think he definitely is a prospect. I'm not speaking for STLHI. It doesn't mean he'll definitely be a Div. I player, but he's definitely a prospect to be a D1 player.

So, did you not actually coach him or only coach him on the playground? Why the quotes?

What makes him a D1 prospect in your opinion?

Guest BillikenReport

Wallace is a nice player.

I'm not sure he's a Division I player, though, based mostly on his size and position. He plays on a team with several similar-sized guards, so he's not in a position to run the point consistently and he'll need to prove he can do that in the summer. So right now he's an undersized shooting guard, which makes it very difficult to get a D-1 scholarship.

So, did you not actually coach him or only coach him on the playground? Why the quotes?

What makes him a D1 prospect in your opinion?

I was a volunteer assistant coach at Berkeley, but mostly I attended practice and watched -- maybe occasionally saying something to individual players -- and sometimes was in charge of "lines." I "coached" for three years and decided that I really don't have the knack. I don't see the floor game in a big enough picture to be a good coach.

Wallace can play basketball. He can shoot, he can handle the ball, he can jump, he can score, and he has 'tude. The one thing he lacks, though, is height. He's like Marque Perry, though probably not as quick. He's probably stronger, though. He could probably play guard at lower-level Division I schools.

Doug Wallace of Berkeley HS. Enjoy. Definite D1 prospect.

v, help us and yourself out, because there are 341 D1 schools, when you say a D1 prospect why don't give where in that mix of 341 you think they can play or who is actively recruiting them?

and let us know which is which

for instance, there is a big difference between Illinios, Southern Illinois Carbondale, Illinois St and Eastern Illinois, yet all 4 are D1

this may lead to a better discussion, or maybe not, just a thought

Doug Wallace of Berkeley HS. Enjoy. Definite D1 prospect.

Doug Wallace is NOT a DI prospect !!!! STLinsider, stop it with this crazy statements, please ! You also said Anthony James is a DI prospect too. I've watched that kid play twice this year and he would have a hard time making UMSL's team ! You are going to loss all credibility talking like this. You go from saying that Harris Stowe has a good program and they haven't had a winning season in 25 years to Doug Wallace being a DI prospect . It's good that this is only a hobby for you !

Doug Wallace is a D1 prospect and you don't have a good reason why he's not. The kid can definitely play, and with a year and a half left I dont even know how you can say that. Every D1 team is not a juggernaut. He's good enough to play in the SWAC or MEAC for sure. Are those not D1's? There's no reason he cant play for SIUE. Why do you say Doug Wallace isnt a D1 prospect? Also, I never said Harris-Stowe was a great program. You said they were the were worst in Missouri and I replied that they weren't because they beat 3 Missouri teams this year in just the first semester, UM Rolla, and Missouri Valley twice. Anthony James definitely has some D1 interest as well. Here's an article that states some of those schools.

http://northcountyjournal.stltoday.com/art...mandy_1.ii1.txt

He also hurt his shoulder earlier in the season so that might be why you didnt see him have great games. At full strength he's definitely one heck of a player.

Doug Wallace is a D1 prospect and you don't have a good reason why he's not. The kid can definitely play, and with a year and a half left I dont even know how you can say that. Every D1 team is not a juggernaut. He's good enough to play in the SWAC or MEAC for sure. Are those not D1's? There's no reason he cant play for SIUE. Why do you say Doug Wallace isnt a D1 prospect? Also, I never said Harris-Stowe was a great program. You said they were the were worst in Missouri and I replied that they weren't because they beat 3 Missouri teams this year in just the first semester, UM Rolla, and Missouri Valley twice. Anthony James definitely has some D1 interest as well. Here's an article that states some of those schools.

http://northcountyjournal.stltoday.com/art...mandy_1.ii1.txt

He also hurt his shoulder earlier in the season so that might be why you didnt see him have great games. At full strength he's definitely one heck of a player.

No, Doug Wallace can't play in the SWAC or MEAC. What's his true position ? He's an average high school player on a decent team. Anthony James would have to be a point at a DI and he doesn't handle the ball well enough and can't defend. Both Wallace and James could really help a struggling program like Harris Stowe ! Are they even recruiting them ?

Why would James have to play pg because of his size? I dont remember Eckerle and Lisch being 6'4. Neither is listed at any taller than 6'2. And SLU isnt even a small D1 school. Oregon last year, they had Aaron Brooks listed at 6'0 and Tujuan Porter at 5'6. One of them was the off guard. I'm not comparing James to them in game, only in size. To say he has to play pg because of his size 6'1, is just not correct in my opinion. I have to disagree with you about James and Wallace. Both of those guys can play, and Wallace again has another year of AAU and another whole season left after this year, so to say he cant play in the MEAC, the SWAC or any other small D1 conference a year and a half right now, is just hard for me to understand. I'm not sure many people would've thoughts Anthony Mitchell or Paul Eckerle would be playing D1 after the first semester of their junior seasons either.

No, Doug Wallace can't play in the SWAC or MEAC. What's his true position ? He's an average high school player on a decent team. Anthony James would have to be a point at a DI and he doesn't handle the ball well enough and can't defend. Both Wallace and James could really help a struggling program like Harris Stowe ! Are they even recruiting them ?

Look who is back.

Also, since that was your first post and you just registered on the 17th, I'm guessing you're a longtime reader, first time poster? Do you even know what schools are in the SWAC and MEAC? I really have nothing further to say. In my opinion both guys are D1 caliber and nothing anyone says is really going to change that.

Also, since that was your first post and you just registered on the 17th, I'm guessing you're a longtime reader, first time poster? Do you even know what schools are in the SWAC and MEAC? I really have nothing further to say. In my opinion both guys are D1 caliber and nothing anyone says is really going to change that.

stlhi, dont you recognize the harris stowe jab? this is our old friend hoops that was recently banned.

Guest BillikenReport

stlhi, dont you recognize the harris stowe jab? this is our old friend hoops that was recently banned.

It's kind that this poster reminds me of VTime when V first joined the message board scene.

V would make all these crazy comments to try to get the boards in an uproar.

Now, he's got someone doing the same thing to him.

It's kind that this poster reminds me of VTime when V first joined the message board scene.

V would make all these crazy comments to try to get the boards in an uproar.

Now, he's got someone doing the same thing to him.

nate not even close. v truly believed what he was saying about high school players imo. this hoops guy is a mi$$ouri fan that is just trolling.

Guest BillikenReport

nate not even close. v truly believed what he was saying about high school players imo. this hoops guy is a mi$$ouri fan that is just trolling.

I'm also thinking back to V's time as problack on the stltoday boards before he got banned there.

Trolling is trolling. This new guy is obviously just saying things to fire up the board — which is what V has admitted to doing in the past.

That's too bad. You don't know the game !

• 2 weeks later...

Doug Wallace is NOT a DI prospect !!!! STLinsider, stop it with this crazy statements, please ! You also said Anthony James is a DI prospect too. I've watched that kid play twice this year and he would have a hard time making UMSL's team ! You are going to loss all credibility talking like this. You go from saying that Harris Stowe has a good program and they haven't had a winning season in 25 years to Doug Wallace being a DI prospect . It's good that this is only a hobby for you !

For the record James had 5 D1 offers now. 3 from the MVC and 2 from the Ohio Valley conference. Whatever name you are under now Hoops that was just flat out wrong. Here is his latest footage from Saturday night's title game. He had 26 points.

James is #52 in white.