RM's made it official

slu72

I was at the game and saw it the next day on TV. It was on Channel 5's morning news. What I saw was basically what Band Man stated. He was very frustrated and said blame him. Thanks for being a smart-ass asking about it.

Wow, you saw the PC on KSDK's Sunday morning news-I'm sure thousands of us saw that. You refer me to Band Man's comments about what was covered in the PC when BM said he only heard a little bit of the PC and that he didn't understand the only comment of RM's that he cited. I had a serious question-What did RM say in the PC?

If you and/or RM and his merry band of followers can't stand a little sarcasm about the post game show then I say get a life. The MBB god known as RM is the FIRST SLU coach that I know of, who seemingly feels he is above making a few comments on a post game radio show. And now it appears that he has also decided that he will not even send an Asst to talk to Rammer and Earl. Are you actually happy with these decisions? I'm still trying to figure out what ESPN taught him about media relations. For me it goes back to his patronizing comment about his need to "entertain" the Billiken Club.

He better win because so far all I see is an ego out of control.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hoops, i am willing to bet you $100 that luke meyer could not play a second at an naia school next year if he finishes this entire year at slu.

if you are referring to tatum when he was at slu, he sat out the first three semesters at slu due to academics and thus he had 3 unused semesters of school. he could have actually came back and played at slu his senior year as well but he and romar had apparently grown to hate each other so much neither wanted anything to do with another year at slu so he used it at mckendree.

You are correct ! Someone needs to get this information to LM ASAP !!!!

hoops, just so we can understand what qualifies as division one talent, could you give us some parameters?

Billiken Roy,

With you having 14,030 posts I think you have some clue on what it takes to be a DI player. You know deep down that KL and LM would not have been recruited by RM.

hoops, i am willing to bet you $100 that luke meyer could not play a second at an naia school next year if he finishes this entire year at slu.

if you are referring to tatum when he was at slu, he sat out the first three semesters at slu due to academics and thus he had 3 unused semesters of school. he could have actually came back and played at slu his senior year as well but he and romar had apparently grown to hate each other so much neither wanted anything to do with another year at slu so he used it at mckendree.

Romar would have this current SLU team playing better basketball !

Wow, you saw the PC on KSDK's Sunday morning news-I'm sure thousands of us saw that. You refer me to Band Man's comments about what was covered in the PC when BM said he only heard a little bit of the PC and that he didn't understand the only comment of RM's that he cited. I had a serious question-What did RM say in the PC?

If you and/or RM and his merry band of followers can't stand a little sarcasm about the post game show then I say get a life. The MBB god known as RM is the FIRST SLU coach that I know of, who seemingly feels he is above making a few comments on a post game radio show. And now it appears that he has also decided that he will not even send an Asst to talk to Rammer and Earl. Are you actually happy with these decisions? I'm still trying to figure out what ESPN taught him about media relations. For me it goes back to his patronizing comment about his need to "entertain" the Billiken Club.

Seriously what do you expect out of this team this early?

Do you want Gillispie's UK results of 4-3 and RPI of 146?

Do you want Beilein's Mich results of 3-6 and RPI of 144?

Do you want Lickleter's Iowa result of 6-5 and RPI of 243?

Brad actually turned down at least one postgame press conference, sending in an assistant in his place. I think it may have actually happened twice, but can definitely remember it happening once.

Billiken Roy,

With you having 14,030 posts I think you have some clue on what it takes to be a DI player. You know deep down that KL and LM would not have been recruited by RM.

well my definition is that a division one player is any player good enough to be on a division one team. there are 341 division one teams and 13 players per team, that is 4,433 division one players. so if the likes of any of the current billikens arent amongst the top 4,433 college basketball players, i would be greatly surprised.

now if what you are meaning to say is that they arent good enough to be top ten ncaa team starters or something of that effect, maybe some of us wont debate that. but not saying all of divison one. that is just stupid.

i think that majerus would indeed have recruited both liddell and lisch. i think he obviously would have handled them differently from day one though than what coach soderberg did.

Seriously what do you expect out of this team this early?

Do you want Gillispie's UK results of 4-3 and RPI of 146?

Do you want Beilein's Mich results of 3-6 and RPI of 144?

Do you want Lickleter's Iowa result of 6-5 and RPI of 243?

brian that is the best defense someone has thrown at me thus far in this debate.

Billiken Roy,

You are absolutely ridiculous hoops. If you are just trying to stir some debate up then I understand your ridiculous post. However, if you honestly believe that TL and KL are not D-1 players and that they should be expected to transfer then you are out of your mind. Last season, ESPN ranked TL as the 13th best SF in the country (don't have a link). Numerous publications have given compliments to KL and TL saying that they are among the better and yet most under-rated backcourts in the country.

I'm glad that I have come into contact with such an excellent basketball mind that can identify talent better than any other basketball mind around. Maybe with that extraordinary knowledge of the game, you could be a championship coach for a CYC team. You know..many gradeschools out there that have tryouts would love to have your great basketball mind at work...

Brad actually turned down at least one postgame press conference, sending in an assistant in his place. I think it may have actually happened twice, but can definitely remember it happening once.

so in five years it happened half as much as it has happened this year already? majerus has also missed more billiken club meetings now than soderberg and romar combined. always good to keep the boosters a little happy.

I know Brad failed to appear on the post game show in a couple instances. I'm not talking about missing the show once or twice. I'm talking about not being on the show at all. Only RM is in that category.

You are absolutely ridiculous hoops. If you are just trying to stir some debate up then I understand your ridiculous post. However, if you honestly believe that TL and KL are not D-1 players and that they should be expected to transfer then you are out of your mind. Last season, ESPN ranked TL as the 13th best SF in the country (don't have a link). Numerous publications have given compliments to KL and TL saying that they are among the better and yet most under-rated backcourts in the country.

I'm glad that I have come into contact with such an excellent basketball mind that can identify talent better than any other basketball mind around. Maybe with that extraordinary knowledge of the game, you could be a championship coach for a CYC team. You know..many gradeschools out there that have tryouts would love to have your great basketball mind at work...

Band Man,

Thank you very much for informing me about the coaching opportunities ! I'm glad that me telling the truth has generated so much response. I will have to pass on the CYC job. You might want to contact Brad S. He sure knows talent when he sees it !

Band Man,

Thank you very much for informing me about the coaching opportunities ! I'm glad that me telling the truth has generated so much response. I will have to pass on the CYC job. You might want to contact Brad S. He sure knows talent when he sees it !

If your whole purpose of this post was to critique BS's recruiting, then maybe you should have focussed on his recruits that legitimately didn't cut it at the D-1 level (e.g. Horace Dixon, Obi, DM, AK, etc.) It is just foolish of you to use KL and TL as examples of players that Brad recruited that aren't any good. TL is a rare talent (not on the level of LH, but as others have mentioned he's arguably the best we've seen since then) that has proven that he can compete with anybody on this level. He's had successful games against the likes of XU, UNC, and Gonzaga to name a few.

I actually heard that Luke was headed out to Meramec to take some drawing classes and start at center for the Magic. TL and KL have been recruited by Bonner to play at Vashon and I think they are transferring at the semester break.

I know Brad failed to appear on the post game show in a couple instances. I'm not talking about missing the show once or twice. I'm talking about not being on the show at all. Only RM is in that category.

So you want a coach that makes nice with the media and does post game interviews. Majerus has never been that guy, never. He has been the guy that has built basketball programs out of nothing. I will take Majerus over what you are looking for everyday.

Billiken Roy,

He says luke is his favorite player on the team, also kevin is good enough to get an offer from Bruce Weber at Ill. but not with RM intresting

So you want a coach that makes nice with the media and does post game interviews. Majerus has never been that guy, never. He has been the guy that has built basketball programs out of nothing. I will take Majerus over what you are looking for everyday.

Brian-they don't need to be mutually exclusive. His disdain for the media reflects his disdain for the fanbase since we get our info from the media.

I wasn't trying to defend Majerus in this instance- I just wanted to clarify the false assertion that Majerus is the only one to skip them and Brad never did. I still think the coach is responsible for all facets of his job, even after a tough loss.