Does St. Louis have the top talent pool in Missouri?

I wonder why St. Louis basketball is so underrated.

Yes we are king of the dipweeds! We are THE BASKETBALL HOTBED OF MISSOURI!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOWHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the problem is that any one burough of New York or the Chicago PHL or anyone of a hundred metro areas around the country make us look pathetic.........

Yes we are king of the dipweeds! We are THE BASKETBALL HOTBED OF MISSOURI!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOWHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the problem is that any one burough of New York or the Chicago PHL or anyone of a hundred metro areas around the country make us look pathetic.........

Maybe their entire city, but not one borough. There are 15 guys in class of 2009 alone that will go D1 grades permitting and they haven't played a game of their junior seasons yet. Others will emerge over the next 2 years.

Guest BillikenReport

Bryant Allen

Richard Anderson

Alex Bazzell

Lonnie Boga

Will Clark

Sean Duff

Tyler Griffey

Ben Hoener

Jerome Jones

Will Kirksey

Cody Sorenson

Marcel Taylor

Kyle Turner

Gavin Wiss

Doug Wallace

I see three that will for sure, with two more who probably will.

St Louis is getting better. No doubt we have the best talent in the state but nationwide we have a long way to go.

Look where NBA players are from. You'll see the majority come from the Chicago/Milwaukee, Detroit, Ohio, Indiana, Florida, California, VA/Baltimore and New York. We are not even close to those levels. St Louis has what 2 or 3 guys in the league? These other areas have dozens. We might have a star player who ranks near the top but our depth is not there. McCluer North and Webster are the best HS teams in the area. They wouldn't get out of districts in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, etc.

I'd like to see a Milestone/McCluer North matchup. Talentwise Milestone wins but I think the Stars could beat them most times. Milestone has a ton of talent but they haven't played together and I haven't seen them play but I bet their coaching staff may not be equipped to utilize the talent. The Stars have all played with each other for a number of years and Reed can coach a little.

St Louis is getting better. No doubt we have the best talent in the state but nationwide we have a long way to go.

Look where NBA players are from. You'll see the majority come from the Chicago/Milwaukee, Detroit, Ohio, Indiana, Florida, California, VA/Baltimore and New York. We are not even close to those levels. St Louis has what 2 or 3 guys in the league? These other areas have dozens. We might have a star player who ranks near the top but our depth is not there. McCluer North and Webster are the best HS teams in the area. They wouldn't get out of districts in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, etc.

I'd like to see a Milestone/McCluer North matchup. Talentwise Milestone wins but I think the Stars could beat them most times. Milestone has a ton of talent but they haven't played together and I haven't seen them play but I bet their coaching staff may not be equipped to utilize the talent. The Stars have all played with each other for a number of years and Reed can coach a little.

McCluer North would be a top 10 team in any state. Besides a few select power houses in the big cities, how often do you see three D1 players on one team?

McCluer North would be a top 10 team in any state. Besides a few select power houses in the big cities, how often do you see three D1 players on one team?

More often than you would think. The national HS powerhouses usually field a starting 5 of D-1 talent if not more than that. North would be competitive but winning a missouri state championship is a lot easier than say an Illinois state championship.

More often than you would think. The national HS powerhouses usually field a starting 5 of D-1 talent if not more than that. North would be competitive but winning a missouri state championship is a lot easier than say an Illinois state championship.

That's what I said. A few powerhouses get them, but other than that it rarely occurs. You said North wouldn't get out of the districts in Illinois, Ohio etc. They would. If they played on the east side they would make it to state where they would be capable of winning it all. The competition would be stiffer, but they would still have a good shot at it.

I think you guys are giving the Milestone team too much credit. They only have 2-3 proven players: Willie Reed for sure and Richard Anderson and maybe Ron Waller. How many offers does Waller and Anderson have, NONE.

Also those Vashon kids that went up their are not major players or recruits. We will see how they play against stiff competition. They have not played a single threat yet. Their schedule lists Oak Hill, Harmony and others but it is their B-teams that they have played thus far. I cannot wait to see all the fuss on December 8th at UMSL in Rameys Shootout when they play agaist a strong national team in person.

V-time you are high on Milestone please tell me why have you seen them play this year and have you seen the non st. louis players play before and for that matter have you even seen Willie Reed play in person or are you doing what you normally do jump on band wagons and over hype. I also read on another board that Milestone was having problems and few players were kicked off the team. (I read this on another board, not sure it is true).

Mccluer North has a consensus top 50 kid in Anthony Booker, the areas player of the year in Torres Roundtree, and a diamond in the ruff that Nate has pointed out might be the best in the billikens class in Femi John. Throw in good players like the Peebles kid, Reed's son, the pg that is back Deon Hemphill, and I say they beat the overhyped Milestone team 70-64.

Aw-right! The Vtime list for 2009! Suggest we not lose this. Point of fact: if all his kids go to Western Illinois or Savannah State, that is D1 so let's not lose sight of that. Is Curtis Muse still tearing it up at North Texas State or wherever he ended up, Justin? If "going" to D1 is your criteria, so be it. I don't think it ends there, however, I think you also have to add some sort of qualifiers like contributing at D1 as well as completing four years. I'd like to say "graduate" but givent he reality of colleges athletic scholarships today, I don't think that will be fair. If all those came into play, then Nik Caner--Medley at Maryland would have been a zero by that score. He did come, he did contribute, he did play all four yearas but did not graduate because he spent his 8th emester audtioning for European league rosters.

Nice to have a list though. I'd like to see our moderators create anothe jump link to the "Vtime Recruiting Suggestion" or something like that. Having tried to keep a list on his last year proved exhausting for me.

I gave a qualifier, "grades permitting." The only player I was a little wary about was Bazzell, but not because of grades. He can play. If he gets to a legit 6'1 before he graduates and/or proves to coaches he's a pg he'll go D1 too. I'm confident that the others will sign with D1 schools at some point.

Maybe their entire city, but not one borough. There are 15 guys in class of 2009 alone that will go D1 grades permitting and they haven't played a game of their junior seasons yet. Others will emerge over the next 2 years.

sthi, i bet there are all borough teams in nyc that would be the better of the entire state of missouri.

As guys SLU should recruit? Ofcourse not. As guys who will go D1 grades permitting? Pretty much. The only one I'm on the fence about is Alex Bazzell, because with his height he has to prove he can play pg. I think I'm okay on everyone else. I'll let you know if I'm not.

to defend sthi, remember folks the likes of houston baptist and siu-edwardsville are division one. v didnt say top 40 team recruits or bcs recruits. D-1 is what? about 350 teams? saying a player is d-1 isnt that big of a stretch and he did qualify academics included.

will that list all go d-1? probably not. some will rather play at mckendree for example and stay close to home rather than travel say houston baptist. some will play a different sport, some wont make grades, some will get injured.

the point is when i hear someone say "division one" i dont get as excited as some people. now if you say bcs schools, or top 100 schools. now you are getting out on the limb.

Guest BillikenReport

At this time of year V should post some of his old threads about how many players in this year's graduating class are going D-1.

This list has five D-1 players on it and a lot of D-2 kids.

Go get them

Give me that team against this Missouri team

Willie Reed

Richard Anderson

Johnny Coy

Marcus Denmon

Steve Moore

Mike Dixon

Bryant Allen

Tyler Griffey

Anthony Booker

John Brandenburg

Kramer Soderberg

Jesse Perry

Sean Duff

Jayme Donnelly

Courtney Belger

Anthony James

Does Femi not make this list? Is he not as good as some of these guys? I don't ask facetiously.