Thompson signs

Bretts_Mom

:DIt's Official...now all the rumors can be put to bed... 7 foot senior (and yes his doctor measured him at 7 foot at his last check up) has made it official...this morning at 8:11 a.m. Brett signed on the dotted line to play ball for Rick Majerus in 08! Official press conference is TODAY at 4:15 P.M. at Vienna High School in Vienna, IL.

If you are able, tune into News 3, 6, or 12

:DIt's Official...now all the rumors can be put to bed... 7 foot senior (and yes his doctor measured him at 7 foot at his last check up) has made it official...this morning at 8:11 a.m. Brett signed on the dotted line to play ball for Rick Majerus in 08! Official press conference is TODAY at 4:15 P.M. at Vienna High School in Vienna, IL.

We are very happy with this. I am really looking forward to the next four years.

Excellent news, thanks for posting! This will be a very fun ride for your family, for Brett, and for all of us. WOW - 7 feet tall. Willie Reed will be every bit of 7 foot as well. Teams are going to DREAD playing us. People don't realize how rare 2 talented 7 footers on the same team are. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Brett play yet, but I saw Willie and he will be a force. I have no doubt that Brett will be one our best big men ever when it's all said and done.

Marchetti Towers, indeed.

Thanks for the update CT!

Welcome to the Billiken family. Its official now (though you've been hanging around for awhile).

Has Vienna's schedule come out for this year?

Thank you, thank you....looking forward to meeting each and everyone of you during the season. Looking forward to it! The Vienna schedule has been posted....you can go to www.viennahighschool.com and follow the athletic's link.

Excellent news, thanks for posting! This will be a very fun ride for your family, for Brett, and for all of us. WOW - 7 feet tall. Willie Reed will be every bit of 7 foot as well. Teams are going to DREAD playing us. People don't realize how rare 2 talented 7 footers on the same team are. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Brett play yet, but I saw Willie and he will be a force. I have no doubt that Brett will be one our best big men ever when it's all said and done.

Marchetti Towers, indeed.

Thanks, really looking forward to it! I especially hope one So. IL town dreads playing the Billikens!

A year from now one of the best recruiting classes in school history plus 2 returning all conference type guards will be running out of the tunnel and onto the court at a brand new, jam packed, screaming loud, firework exploding, rockin arena. They will be followed out by a future Hall of Fame coach along with one of the best staffs in the country. Chew on that for a minute

A year from now one of the best recruiting classes in school history plus 2 returning all conference type guards will be running out of the tunnel and onto the court at a brand new, jam packed, screaming loud, firework exploding, rockin arena. They will be followed out by a future Hall of Fame coach along with one of the best staffs in the country. Chew on that for a minute

Congratulations! We all look forward to waching Brett play.

Vienna Schedule

http://www.viennahighschool.com/athletics/...ll/default.html

back to young mr thompson. i had the impression that brett was not really all that physical. yet i see where in addition to complimenting the already talked about shooting skills of brett, coach majerus is comparing him physically to bill lambeir as well! that is interesting.

http://slubillikens.cstv.com/sports/m-bask.../111407aaf.html

back to young mr thompson. i had the impression that brett was not really all that physical. yet i see where in addition to complimenting the already talked about shooting skills of brett, coach majerus is comparing him physically to bill lambeir as well! that is interesting.

Roy I think a lot of that goes back to when he played with the Eagles. Brett was a lot smaller then. He is much bigger now and that is why I couldn't understand the talk of some of playing him away from the basket a lot.

He can hit from the outside, but I think he is a true five.

I know this was posted awhile ago... but here are some amazing highlights from Brett's showdown w/ Lucas O'Rear a while back.

If anyone has any other footage, please share.

Willie Reed as well, I believe this is Nate's footage.

I know this was posted awhile ago... but here are some amazing highlights from Brett's showdown w/ Lucas O'Rear a while back.

If anyone has any other footage, please share.

Willie Reed as well, I believe this is Nate's footage.

LOL...how I remember that game! :) Brett held O'Rear to 12 pts and O'rear held Brett to 12 pts... lets see, Vienna had somewhere in the vicinity of 20-30 fouls to Nashville's..."5" interesting game...we'll see what they have to offer on Feb 2nd.