Bryant Allen

Roy, here is proof that your wrong about Corey Frazier. I have been one of SLU's biggest fans through wins and losses. As for steering recruits away, I dont think so. I for one wished all the kids would go to SLU. One of my best friends was on the coaching staff last season and I was instrumental in helping him and Sode on trying to get our kids. I have had numerous convo with the staffs in the past on what could I do to help my alma mater. So Billiken Roy, please tell me how I, Corey Frazier would go against that. By the way, I am not trying to start anything, just trying to figure out where your getting misleading info. Go MRH 12-0...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are that naive? yep, we have been in on so many mccluer and maplewood recruits over the last 10 years it is hard to beleive that fraizer and claggett arent billiken assts.

again, you all have short memories of those articles and strings in late winter last year. but that is par for this group. whatever direction the wind is blowing, jump on.

When did both Mccluer or Maplewood ever have any recruits worth taking until now?

Roy, here is proof that your wrong about Corey Frazier. I have been one of SLU's biggest fans through wins and losses. As for steering recruits away, I dont think so. I for one wished all the kids would go to SLU. One of my best friends was on the coaching staff last season and I was instrumental in helping him and Sode on trying to get our kids. I have had numerous convo with the staffs in the past on what could I do to help my alma mater. So Billiken Roy, please tell me how I, Corey Frazier would go against that. By the way, I am not trying to start anything, just trying to figure out where your getting misleading info. Go MRH 12-0...

corey, i will send you a pm. you need to click on the new message link at the top.

soderberg didnt pass on harrellson. harrellson passed on soderberg because he wouldnt wait for alexander to decide. oh wait, we didnt get a front page story at the post dispatch that said that, so i cant use that. of course of nate says it is true, it must be. his word is better than soderberg's.

Roy, you keep moving the goalposts. In the Harrellson thread you were disputing that the kid had interest in SLU NOW "well let me know when you have proof he has slu on his current list and i was wrong. good luck."

Well, kshoe cited an article in which Harrelon was quoted as saying he was interested in SLU. Nate also shared that he had heard Majerus has interest and the kid has interest in SLU. How much more proof do you need? Are you going to reject what Nate is saying in order to blindly stick with your pro-Soderberg agenda? You haven't been able to provide a source saying that the kid is not interested in SLU right now.

I can't believe you are so loyal to a coach who didn't make the Big Dance in five seasons and left us a roster with gaping holes on the frontline, little depth and a bit of a weakness at point guard.

Welcome to the board Corey. As you can see from this thread most of us believe your side of the story and not the rantings of some guy from Belleville.

We hope you keep up the good work, have a great season at Maplewood and of course keep coming to the Billiken games.

p.s. next time you talk to Rasheed Malik say hi from the Schuman family.

Roy, you keep moving the goalposts. In the Harrellson thread you were disputing that the kid had interest in SLU NOW "well let me know when you have proof he has slu on his current list and i was wrong. good luck."

Well, kshoe cited an article in which Harrelon was quoted as saying he was interested in SLU. Nate also shared that he had heard Majerus has interest and the kid has interest in SLU. How much more proof do you need? Are you going to reject what Nate is saying in order to blindly stick with your pro-Soderberg agenda? You haven't been able to provide a source saying that the kid is not interested in SLU right now.

I can't believe you are so loyal to a coach who didn't make the Big Dance in five seasons and left us a roster with gaping holes on the frontline, little depth and a bit of a weakness at point guard.

The thing about this thread is that Roy basically explained his reasons for the accusation as "reading between the lines" on a billikenboard debate held a year ago. Now we have Corey Frazier himself on here saying nothing could be further from the truth. Just goes to show that you should never trust anything based solely on "reading between the lines."

Very interesting topic. I welcome any news or input.

Last year, I posted several times, and even sent private messages to key people, trying to find out what the problem (assuming there was one) with SLU and/or Brad regarding the ability to recruit. I believe Roy, is right when he says that Brad wanted Harrelson but apparently not enought in the fall to offer - instead wanting him to wait until the Spring. Brad also waited until the Spring on Stemler, which probably was not a bad idea either. I don't fault Brad on either of these decisions to wait but I do fault Brad on not signing anyone instead in the Fall and waiting until the Spring to do all his recruiting while never using all his scholarships. If there was ever a team that needed extra bodies - for both games and practices - it was Brad's team at SLU.

Everyone knows how poor relations can kill a program. Take, for example, the situation of DePaul and Ray/Joey Meyer getting crossways with the Chicago Public High schools. For the life of me, I could never understand how a good school like DePaul, located in downtown Chicago, could not field a team with 5 local kids who could really play ball but that is another topic. Norm Stewart also alienated the St. Louis athlete and paid dearly for it.

I first had this concern of MINE, about a similar situation occuring at SLU, when Spoon and his staff had apparent problems with Cardinal Ritter and Preston Thomas. Then, Romar seemed to have a few issues with Irons and others. Then, Brad also appeared to have issues, Irons appeared to be still upset with SLU but Brad did land Polk. Finally, we heard on this Board, from several reliable posters, that certain AAU coaches did try to steer their kids in favor of schools which appeared to avoid them (and their power). Many are correct: no real proof, articles, etc. but the allegations came from credible sources and appeared believable. Nameless allegations about certain local AAU coaches were mentioned on this Board. Again, no names but inferences were made that these coaches may include former SLU players. Then, posts were made as to which AAU coaches it could not be: the Eagles coaches were cleared, etc . Possibly, Roy connected some dots and made the statements he made. Then, after the hiring of RM, there was even a post about certain AAU coaches being a little miffed by having to wait awhile for their first meeting with RM. Since, then, silence and, for me, the inference is that RM is doing well and is presumably is working well with the local coaches.

Would love any insight.

This is really me. I am from Charleston, Mo. I have a son in the 7th grade, also name Corey Frazier. Shoot any questions. I saw Rasheed in Houston, in the spring. I will let him know. He is acutally coaching now and has lil boy coming up as well. I will be in attendance as much as possible this year.

Corey, welcome to the board! Don't take anything you read on here too hard. We are all fans and love the Bills, but most of us are in the dark in regard to the workings of the program. We're just die hards. Any light you can shed is welcome.

This is really me. I am from Charleston, Mo. I have a son in the 7th grade, also name Corey Frazier. Shoot any questions. I saw Rasheed in Houston, in the spring. I will let him know. He is acutally coaching now and has lil boy coming up as well. I will be in attendance as much as possible this year.

Welcome Corey. Hows Jamaal Walker doing? He's at Western Ky.??? I'm sure you know Rasheed just had another baby. Good Luck this year. Pappa Shoe.

This thread has been an interesting read. The bottom line still is, for what ever reason, SLU over the last 9-10 years, has not won many of the recruiting battles for the areas top players. Whoever was the HC, Romar or Soderberg, is to blame. As it's his job to find a way around obstacles. Hopefully, Majerus is the man to turn this around. One comment by Broy, however, seems to support his undying love for UB. The comment about how the current AC's may push the rules envelope to land recruits. Honestly, I'd be surprised if Biancardi, especially Biancardi, would dare do that. Look at what happened to Sampson at IU, nothing. The axe fell on his AC. Just like Romar made Dollar his sacrificial lamb. The same would happen here. Biancardi or PM would be RM's scapegoat. If Biancardi's selected his career / future in college hoops goes right down the toilet. I don't think he's at SLU to hang himself, but to redeem himself.

Guest BillikenReport

A couple things about this thread:

Roy's "proof" about the AAU coaches, etc. was to refer to threads from earlier this year or last summer or something. Well, if you look up those threads, I'm sure you'll see the same tired tirades from Roy claiming this and claiming that without any proof or sources. Same stuff, different day.

I'm eagerly awaiting Roy's list of the Maplewood and McCluer recruits that SLU has missed on in the last 10 years. Were Frazier and Claggett both still playing at SLU then? I know they weren't coaching at those high schools. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing Bryant Allen is the only D-1 basketball recruit to come out of either those schools since Frazier and Claggett started coaching there.

It's a shame someone who professes to love all things SLU would take shots at former players who are working in the community and, in my opinion, doing a very good job as teachers/coaches to represent the university as former student-athletes.

Nate has a site that is devoted to Billikens recruiting. I'm pretty confidet that Nate follows it closely, talks to the kids directly, etc. Also, I read the article in the Belleville paper that Roy cites as his main source. As kshoe pointed out, that article does NOT say that the schools mentioned is Harrelson's list. It mentions schools that are looking at him. Those are two different things. We also have an article from a couple of months ago in which Harrellson was quoted as saying he was interested in SLU.

I guess when it comes down to it, Roy's evidence in this case is flimsy. He also has a long track-record of trying to put Soderberg in the most positive light at all costs. It would look bad for Roy if Majerus offered the kid a scholarship AFTER Sodie passed on him. Nate, on the other hand, I don't believe has an agenda. So yes, based on the evidence and the sources (Nate vs. Roy) I think Nate's side is more credible. If it turns out I am wrong about this, I will admit it. On the other hand, I doubt you'll ever get Roy to admit he was wrong. We're talking about a guy who couldn't even admit that Soderberg signing Clarke over Ahearn was a mistake.

Harrellson't first choice is SLU. Josh has stated this to me personally. ( sorry about the post Brian)

Harrellson't first choice is SLU. Josh has stated this to me personally. ( sorry about the post Brian)

If that is the case and RM wants him, great. I think he is going to be a good D-1 player wherever he ends up. I just don't believe he would have been much of a factor this year. I think he still is raw as a player, but I haven't seen him play recently and I could be wrong.

Guest BillikenReport

Curtis Marshall, Grant Agbo, and Tori King probably could've played for SLU talent wise. Maybe Joaquin Webster too.

Marshall played D-1. Agbo is a 6-6 D-2 post player. Tori King wasn't getting D-1 looks.

A couple things about this thread:

Roy's "proof" about the AAU coaches, etc. was to refer to threads from earlier this year or last summer or something. Well, if you look up those threads, I'm sure you'll see the same tired tirades from Roy claiming this and claiming that without any proof or sources. Same stuff, different day.

I'm eagerly awaiting Roy's list of the Maplewood and McCluer recruits that SLU has missed on in the last 10 years. Were Frazier and Claggett both still playing at SLU then? I know they weren't coaching at those high schools. I'm not positive, but I'm guessing Bryant Allen is the only D-1 basketball recruit to come out of either those schools since Frazier and Claggett started coaching there.

It's a shame someone who professes to love all things SLU would take shots at former players who are working in the community and, in my opinion, doing a very good job as teachers/coaches to represent the university as former student-athletes.

A couple of more things about this thread:

This contains in one thread both the best and worst of Billikens.com. We have the personal sniping involving Ace, some of the Shoe boys, Nate and Roy. We have some non-factual arguments (which are ok) being put forth as factual (which isn't ok). We have some supposed personal knowledge (great if it's correct, cr@& if it's BS), and we have a former player who coaches one of our targeted recruits joining the Board. Some real positives to go along with the negatives. The only way to tip the scales to the negative side is for Billikan to call me a racist hater of all things involving Ian, and for me to correct VTIME on some mis-spellings and grammar.

Bring on the new recruits!

Hope to see some of you tonight at the Billiken Club meeting---6:00 at Humphrey's.

thanks for having me here. I hope we can pull it out. I will be in attendance at Lindenwood. For those of you that haven't seen Bryant Allen play football, I encourage you all to come out and see him play. The game will kick off at 1:30pm. So come out and see this possible future Billiken play in the state semis against defending champs Blair Oaks.