St. Louis Recruiting

tr_hoops

All of the above, plus great ballhandling, he's a ambidextrous, and I think a lefty, and can play both guard spots equally as well. He averaged 24ppg last season and 7 or 8 rebs, 3 or 4 assists and steals. He's a force and will be heavily recruited. It was said that Chris Lowery came to see him play 3 times last year.

Plus he is a qb for his team which shows good leadership. And we have the same birthday as me which has to be a good sign

I'm curious as to how my posting here occasionally... factors in to the SLU fans perceptions of TG? Not sure I follow that logic.

I can only speak for myself, but whenever I see a post of yours it reminds me that one of the top juniors in the region is being recruited by SLU. I'm sure fans of other schools message boards would say the same thing if they are being honest. I don't think it means you should stop posting, in fact most of us wish you would post more because you have a very unique perspective on both recruting in general and the inner working of SLU.

I don't think you posting here factors in the actual perception of TG, but when asked who the top 09 prospects are its only natural to mention TG in the first breath, partially because you are a constant reminder of him.

you must not read here regularly. allen, anderson and griffey have always been the most talked about players at billikens.com for the class of 09.

of course you are the same guy that seems to think that nick evans is going to be some sort of kevin durrant player at siu since he fits the siu system and thompson doesnt.

I thought you might like to know that SIU-C is redshirting Nick Evans this year.

OJ left... he is in West Bend or Lafayette IN now.. forgot which one though... I guess he could still post occasionally though.

I'm curious as to how my posting here occasionally... factors in to the SLU fans perceptions of TG? Not sure I follow that logic. I'm a bball fan. I would post here occasionally even if TG did not play ball. I did play and love the game.

If Bryant Allen had a family member post here would that make him a better or more attractive recruit?

I'm very careful to stay away from posting my feelings on other players and anything that would get back to TG. I don't really mention TG either for that matter. (except in this post) So far.. I've been a pretty good boy. Now I have gotten into it on a couple fishing forums from time to time.. lol... I even do some bragging on those... but figure it's pretty harmless on a fishing forum? :P:P Yea I bite my tongue some and when TG is gone... I can get on here and let everyone know how I feel... boy I can't wait for those days. :lol::lol:

Cg

there are fishing forums?

Allen and Griffey aren't the only local prospect to keep an eye on. Some other guys to watch, (not necessarily say Majerus or SLU should recruit them are Sean Duff, ofcourse 6'8 Richard Anderson, Jayme Donnelly, Doug Wallace, 6'10 Will Clark, 6'9 Gavin Wiss, and 6'5 Jerome Jones for 2009. For 2010, 6'7 Kevin Dwyer, Wendell Crowder, Nathan Scheer, 6'9 Ryan Pierson, 7'0 Damian Robinson-Smith, and Gerald Jones Jr.

Guest BillikenReport

Let's also keep in mind that Coach Majerus may not feel he needs to limit his recruiting efforts to St. Louis metro. He has ties all over the midwest, and so do his assistant coaches. The 2009 recruiting class may not be all area recruits.

They've already offered at least two out-of-area recruits for the '09 class — one from upstate Illinois and one in Ohio.

- Nate

St. Lous really did get some serious size. What are they feeding these kids? In class of 2009 there are several strong D1 prospects 6'5 or taller. Gavin Wiss, Cody Sorenson, Will Kirksey, Tyler Griffey, Will Clark, Richard Anderson, Jerome Jones. All these kids were SOPHOMORES last year. Marcel Taylor has reclassified to 2009. Watch out for CBC this year 6'9 sophomore Ryan Pierson and 6'7 sophomore Nick Droege. They should be a load for most teams as well at Rockwood Summit having the 6'10 Clark inside and Kevin Dwyer playing both inside and outside.

St. Lous really did get some serious size. What are they feeding these kids? In class of 2009 there are several strong D1 prospects 6'5 or taller. Gavin Wiss, Cody Sorenson, Will Kirksey, Tyler Griffey, Will Clark, Richard Anderson, Jerome Jones. All these kids were SOPHOMORES last year. Marcel Taylor has reclassified to 2009. Watch out for CBC this year 6'9 sophomore Ryan Pierson and 6'7 sophomore Nick Droege. They should be a load for most teams as well at Rockwood Summit having the 6'10 Clark inside and Kevin Dwyer playing both inside and outside.

I have seen Pierson play a few times and he has a chance to be a very good player.

I have seen Pierson play a few times and he has a chance to be a very good player.

I'm going to enjoy seeing Pierson and Droege together for the next 3 years. I always wonder what could've been with Wiss, Griffey,and Kirksey together. Also, the Billikens won 20 games last year with several local guys, Polk, Meyer, Liddell, Lisch, Maguire, and Knollemyer, and in the offseason added two more Mitchell and Eckerle. I couldn't be happier to see the evolution of the program occur thanks to the addition of STL prospects and now the addition of Majerus.