Redshirt for DM

moytoy12

RUMOR I heard was that he may take the redshirt, transfer at the semester to SIU-E (which is going D-1) and becoming eligible next year. Again, just RUMOR.

He seems like a good young man. Whatever he decides, I hope it works out for him.

That would be best for him - SIUE would be a good fit. The truth is he is not up to the task to be a Billiken under RM and as the year played even under BS.

He could be a stud for them, but who knows what will happen. The book might still be open on Maguire in a Billiken uniform. 365 days ago, there was still excitement about what he could do for the program, and now some seem to want to see him out the door in favor of a better recruit. Maybe he truly does want a Saint Louis University education.

He could be a stud for them, but who knows what will happen. The book might still be open on Maguire in a Billiken uniform. 365 days ago, there was still excitement about what he could do for the program, and now some seem to want to see him out the door in favor of a better recruit. Maybe he truly does want a Saint Louis University education.

WOW V-time you think DM could be a stud for SLU. This again shows your great basketball knowledge. You crack me up on here.

WOW V-time you think DM could be a stud for SLU. This again shows your great basketball knowledge. You crack me up on here.

v was responding to a post suggesting maguire transfer to siu-e. i.e. he could be a stud at edwardsville. i guess v needs to write his posts in a manner even you can understand.

RUMOR I heard was that he may take the redshirt, transfer at the semester to SIU-E (which is going D-1) and becoming eligible next year. Again, just RUMOR.

He seems like a good young man. Whatever he decides, I hope it works out for him.

Your rumor is the only reason it makes sense to red-shirt him. The days of keeping marginal players on your roster and reshirting them in the hope that maybe by their 4th or 5th year they are semi contributors are over. If he isn't transferring then there is no reason to redshirt since RM won't want him on the roster for 5 years taking a scholarship from someone else.

you just unknowingly answered the question. Not the first time a player has been run by Majerus

Again, please keep this in mind, I said it was a rumor. As I previously stated, I hope whatever DM decides to do, it works out for him. He seems like a good kid the few times I've spoken to him.

Again, please keep this in mind, I said it was a rumor. As I previously stated, I hope whatever DM decides to do, it works out for him. He seems like a good kid the few times I've spoken to him.

Assuming this rumor is correct about DM - why is that a problem. Seems to me that it would be a win win for everybody if he can get another schollie offer some place else. RM did not recruit him so he has no investment in him. DM has no connection to RM since Brad recruited him. Why would any kid want to ride the pines for 3 more years? As long as RM does not pull his schollie without a suitable place for the kid to go to school for free then as I said this is win win for both.