SHOOTOUT

willie

I read on another board that Mccluer North, Waynesville, Lafayette, Veinna, American Christian, PA, South Kent, CT, were some of the schools in this years shootout on December 6th. Sorry haven't heard about the rest.

Their are other shootouts around that time that should be good:

The Midwest Showdown SHootout by Rameybasketball.com at UMSL here is an article by Earl Austin:

High school basketball fans will be treated to an all-day feast of hoops at the Midwest Showdown High School Basketball Shootout. The seven-game event is being presented by Rameybasketball.com. It will be held on Saturday, Dec. 8 at the Mark Twain Building on the campus of the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

The first game will feature Springfield (Ill.) Lanphier vs. Hancock, which should be one of the top small schools in town. The game is scheduled for 11 a.m. At 12:30, Oakville High will take on Bloomington (Ill.) High.

The following game at 2 p.m will feature prep schools Milestone Christian Academy in Kansas City against Nashville (Tenn.) Christian. Milestone features former Beaumont standout Richard Anderson and 6’11” Saint Louis University-bound forward Willie Reed. At 3:30p.m., Normandy High will take on Memphis Melrose Academy. Normandy features one of the area’s top shooting guards in senior Anthony James.

At 5 p.m., McCluer South-Berkeley will face Memphis Mitchell. Berkeley should be one of the state’s top contenders for the Class 4 title this season. The 6:30 contest is another national game featuring IMG Academy from Florida against Urban Christian (Ga.) Academy. IMG features 6’7” Jared Swopshire, who played his first two years at Fort Zumwalt West in St. Charles. The final game of the evening will be Public High League power Gateway Tech against Chicago Foreman. The Jaguars will have two of the area’s top seniors in forwards Jesse Perry and Kenneth Harris.

For more information on the event, you can visit www.midwestshowdownshootout.com or www.rameybasketball.com for more high school basketball scoop.

Also the Pepsi Showcase in Columbia, MO on December 22nd should be a good one.

www.pepsishowcase.com

Here are the games:

10 a.m. -- De Soto HS vs. Farmington

11:45 a.m. -- St. Charles Fort Zumwalt South vs. Poplar Bluff

1:30 p.m. -- Vienna (Ill.) vs. Cape Central

3:15 p.m. -- St. Louis Lafayette vs. Pinckneyville (Ill.)

5 p.m. -- St. Louis Gateway Tech vs. Cape Notre Dame

6:45 p.m. -- St. Louis McCluer North vs. Memphis (Tenn.) White Station

8:30 p.m. -- Webster Groves vs. Jackson

SLU recruit Brett Thompson will be playing.

pretty sure the stl shoot out is on too. LHS has tough game too. should be fun though.

Cg

I read on another board that Mccluer North, Waynesville, Lafayette, Veinna, American Christian, PA, South Kent, CT, were some of the schools in this years shootout on December 6th. Sorry haven't heard about the rest.

Their are other shootouts around that time that should be good:

The Midwest Showdown SHootout by Rameybasketball.com at UMSL here is an article by Earl Austin:

High school basketball fans will be treated to an all-day feast of hoops at the Midwest Showdown High School Basketball Shootout. The seven-game event is being presented by Rameybasketball.com. It will be held on Saturday, Dec. 8 at the Mark Twain Building on the campus of the University of Missouri-St. Louis.

The first game will feature Springfield (Ill.) Lanphier vs. Hancock, which should be one of the top small schools in town. The game is scheduled for 11 a.m. At 12:30, Oakville High will take on Bloomington (Ill.) High.

The following game at 2 p.m will feature prep schools Milestone Christian Academy in Kansas City against Nashville (Tenn.) Christian. Milestone features former Beaumont standout Richard Anderson and 6’11” Saint Louis University-bound forward Willie Reed. At 3:30p.m., Normandy High will take on Memphis Melrose Academy. Normandy features one of the area’s top shooting guards in senior Anthony James.

At 5 p.m., McCluer South-Berkeley will face Memphis Mitchell. Berkeley should be one of the state’s top contenders for the Class 4 title this season. The 6:30 contest is another national game featuring IMG Academy from Florida against Urban Christian (Ga.) Academy. IMG features 6’7” Jared Swopshire, who played his first two years at Fort Zumwalt West in St. Charles. The final game of the evening will be Public High League power Gateway Tech against Chicago Foreman. The Jaguars will have two of the area’s top seniors in forwards Jesse Perry and Kenneth Harris.

For more information on the event, you can visit www.midwestshowdownshootout.com or www.rameybasketball.com for more high school basketball scoop.

Also the Pepsi Showcase in Columbia, MO on December 22nd should be a good one.

www.pepsishowcase.com

Here are the games:

10 a.m. -- De Soto HS vs. Farmington

11:45 a.m. -- St. Charles Fort Zumwalt South vs. Poplar Bluff

1:30 p.m. -- Vienna (Ill.) vs. Cape Central

3:15 p.m. -- St. Louis Lafayette vs. Pinckneyville (Ill.)

5 p.m. -- St. Louis Gateway Tech vs. Cape Notre Dame

6:45 p.m. -- St. Louis McCluer North vs. Memphis (Tenn.) White Station

8:30 p.m. -- Webster Groves vs. Jackson

SLU recruit Brett Thompson will be playing.

The Pepsi Showcase is at the ShowMe Center on the campus of SEMO. Tickets can be bought online starting Nov 5 (Monday).

A friend and I are heading down for the day. I haven't been to my old stomping grounds in about 10-15 years. It'll be good to get back down there and have a look around.

There is a Stl Shootout Dec. 6th

Marshalltown KY Dec 8th.

Pepsi one is Dec 22nd in Cape. 3 total.

Maybe another for LHS in Peoria Ill too. ?? Not sure yet on that one though.

The Pepsi Showcase is at the ShowMe Center on the campus of SEMO. Tickets can be bought online starting Nov 5 (Monday).

A friend and I are heading down for the day. I haven't been to my old stomping grounds in about 10-15 years. It'll be good to get back down there and have a look around.

There is a Stl Shootout Dec. 6th

Marshalltown KY Dec 8th.

Pepsi one is Dec 22nd in Cape. 3 total.

Maybe another for LHS in Peoria Ill too. ?? Not sure yet on that one though.

List of Local Shootouts in December for the area:

St. Louis Shootout December 6th at Scottrade

www.stlshootout.com

Midwest Showdown Shoototut, December 8th at UMSL

www.midwestshowdownshootout.com

Pepsi Showcase December 22nd, Cape

www.pepsishowcase.com

Should be some good hoops for the holidays, this is not even counting the x-mas tourneys.

My Alma Mater Waynesville High School will be in the Shootout?!? Alright. I wish I could make it. You guys in attendance must cheer them on in my absence. IF there is someone on the team that SLU needs let me know I'll make it happen. I have pull at the High School because I placed in state back in the day and my plaque is still on the wall (Lincoln Douglas Debate).

Guest BillikenReport

Just got word the Stl shootout is in jeopardy. May not happen now. Should know more next week.

Nate you hear anything about this?

I've heard it is on. I've heard it is off.

I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.

- Nate

My Alma Mater Waynesville High School will be in the Shootout?!? Alright. I wish I could make it. You guys in attendance must cheer them on in my absence. IF there is someone on the team that SLU needs let me know I'll make it happen. I have pull at the High School because I placed in state back in the day and my plaque is still on the wall (Lincoln Douglas Debate).

L-D debate? Couldn't hack it in Policy? I actually attended a tournament hosted by your school back in the early 90s when I was in HS. It was very odd setting up in a room that was normally used to teach students how to frame a wall and hang drywall.