Griffey

http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&p=2&c=691033

I think this is a pay article but it says Billiken prospect Tyler Griffey is taking a trip to Mizzou this weekend. Not a whole lot in the article, but what interested me was WHY he's going to Mizzou. Apparenlty he really wanted to go up for Homecoming, so he called MA and set it up. Unfortunately, one thing SLU will never be able to compete with is college football. It's really a shame we don't have a team.

I think this is a pay article but it says Billiken prospect Tyler Griffey is taking a trip to Mizzou this weekend. Not a whole lot in the article, but what interested me was WHY he's going to Mizzou. Apparenlty he really wanted to go up for Homecoming, so he called MA and set it up. Unfortunately, one thing SLU will never be able to compete with is college football. It's really a shame we don't have a team.

I don't know that I would put too much into this. He is a high school kid. Maybe he wanted to get out of town for the weekend and party with his friends. He wouldn't be the first teenager to do something like that. And in the situation he is in, all he has to do is make a phone call and his wishes are granted. I agree that having a football team is an advantage but I'm not sure how high on Griffey's list something lke that is. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I don't know that I would put too much into this. He is a high school kid. Maybe he wanted to get out of town for the weekend and party with his friends. He wouldn't be the first teenager to do something like that. And in the situation he is in, all he has to do is make a phone call and his wishes are granted. I agree that having a football team is an advantage but I'm not sure how high on Griffey's list something lke that is. Does anyone have any thoughts?

It is a nice way to go down and make sure you get good tickets to the homecoming game. I can't blame the kid. Homecoming weekend at MU, two top 25 teams, and a bunch of drunk college girls. It sounds like a good plan to me.

Guest BillikenReport

The part I took away from the story, and the reason I posted it on my site, was that Mizzou and SLU are the two schools recruiting him the hardest right now.

- Nate

One thing I found funny in that article and find funny whenever Billiken, Mizzou, Team XYZ fans talk about top recruits is they say how well he fits into the coaches system. Seems like every mizzou recruit they signed this year really fits into their system. The same can be said about Billiken fan reaction to our class.

Has there ever been a top recruit signed where the fans say he doesn't really fit the system?

One thing I found funny in that article and find funny whenever Billiken, Mizzou, Team XYZ fans talk about top recruits is they say how well he fits into the coaches system. Seems like every mizzou recruit they signed this year really fits into their system. The same can be said about Billiken fan reaction to our class.

Has there ever been a top recruit signed where the fans say he doesn't really fit the system?

Some Illini fans don't think E. Gordan fits in their system................ <_<

Men's basketball is the number one sport at SLU; soccer is our heritage for the vertically challenged.

When the football program is swinging at Mizzou-basketball is a distant second-drive through Nebraska or Oklahoma or Texas in the summer time and they are all talking spring football on the radio-not basketball.

If Griffey wants to stay in Saint Louis he can be bigger than Anthony Bonner in the Media; and that is a big goal for anybody

Griffster

Ask your wife; mom's always know more than dad's

I think the only people who know for sure where Tyler's going to go are Jim Morrison and his weird naked indian friend. We may not have a D1 football team, but I can guarantee that if he comes to SLU, he will be receiving the Sports Illustrated® Football Phone.

I think the only people who know for sure where Tyler's going to go are Jim Morrison and his weird naked indian friend. We may not have a D1 football team, but I can guarantee that if he comes to SLU, he will be receiving the Sports Illustrated® Football Phone.

The Illinois fans I was hanging out with recently seemed to think that Griffey to U of I was a done deal. Of course, they had probably been hitting the peyote with the Indian guy.

Different kids like different things. There will always be posters on every school's forum(s) who take the approach that their school is the only school, and every one is ....insert insult here .....if they go elsewhere. There will always be people on forums who say good luck to kids who go elsewhere,(and even insert positive comments for the other schools considered) and people who say nothing.

This board is no different.

And to correct Willie, no one compared Soccer to American Football. I know SluBalls, Skip nor I have,.....most people who aren't interested in soccer, ignore those posts and threads and that sport altogether. The ones who are interested in the sport are the ones who post about it, like yourself. Obviously Men's soccer has been the most successful sport at SLU in its history(current, recent and long term) by a long shot, so there will always be interest here and other places from people regarding that sport at SLU.