Does anyone want to go to Mizzou

Don't knock me, but I'm going to make a visit to Tigerboard sometime today. They thought this guy was in the bag. Signed, sealed, delivered he's a.....JAYHAWK! What makes this especially sweet is he will get to show Mizzery what might have been twice a year. Does anyone think Anderson's style of play is keeping the really top notch guys from signing there? I mean, the idea of logging 25-30 mpg a game at top speed isn't going to appeal to a go to type of guy.

He has a lot of spots to fill right now, if to much of the focus goes to Suggs he could end up losing multiple kids for those other spots and still lose out on Suggs. He can't risk just focusing on Suggs.

Rickma is in a for better position to really go after Scott and convince him that SLU is the place for him. That is the big advantage of locking up the three kids we did. RM and the staff can now be selective and really throw everything they have after their true top targets.

Guest BillikenReport

>Nate, a question re your Billiken Report. When I go to the

>list of commits for next year it only lists MR & AM. Why

>isn't BE included?

>

>Thanks

Good question. I'll try to get that fixed.

- Nate

"They thought this guy was in the bag. Signed, sealed, delivered he's a.....JAYHAWK!"

This is either an intentionally false statement or you are misinformed. I'm sure you can find a post on tigerboard where an individual or two thought this to be the case, but this was not widespread by any means. Everybody knew he was a strong KU lean from the start.

"You can bet that Mizzou will go after Suggs even harder now."

Not to pick on you, Nate, but what does this mean? Several others say and have said it too? Are you implying that Anderson is not working as hard as Self? Seriously, this is the same type of post that caused and causes all kinds of problems on this Board. Is Anderson getting lazy like Spoon was accused of. If effort made the difference, Brad would have landed McDonald All-Americans each year.

Other than offering a scholarship, showing interest and making frequent contacts, what more can a coach really do. Doesn't a coach run the risk of looking desperate and like a stalker if he tries too hard?

BTW, I thought all the kids wanted to play Anderson's style of play. Now, his "system" appears to be as attractive as Brad's.

It's still early.

2008 Big 12 Commits so far

Baylor - 0

Colorado - 0

Iowa State - 2

- Wes Eikmeier, 3 Star, Not Ranked

- Dominique Buckley, 3 Star, Not Ranked

Kansas - 1

- Travis Releford, 4 Star, Ranked #66

Kansas State - 0

Missouri - 1

- Steve Moore, 3 Star, Not Ranked

Nebraska - 0

Oklahoma - 0

Oklahoma State - 2

- Troy Gillenwater, 4 Star, Ranked #77

- Keiton Page, 3 Star, Ranked #141

Texas - 0

Texas A&M - 0

Texas Tech - 1

- Corbin Ray, 0 Stars, Not Ranked

"BTW, I thought all the kids wanted to play Anderson's style of play. Now, his "system" appears to be as attractive as Brad's."

Time will tell, but I'm speculating that Anderson's system will be very attractive to certain kids, and unappealing to other types of kids.

"Time will tell, but I'm speculating that Anderson's system will be very attractive to certain kids, and unappealing to other types of kids."

Didn't really go out on a limb on that one, did ya?

"I'm guessing that some people like crablegs, and some people don't."

Just messin' w/ ya, that just put my Ambiguousitynessism Meter® into the red levels, though.

I know this is hard to follow, but most people agree Anderson's system is fairly unique. He wants to play an aggressive, pressing, trapping defense the entire game (at least when he has the players to do so), and he also wants to push the tempo on offense. I would think this would automatically eliminate Missouri from consideration from certain players who have no desire to play that kind of system. Conversely, others, particularly those who play that type of system in high school, might find it particularly attractive.

In comparision, take your average big 10 or big 12 type program. In general, the systems aren't that unique. Therefore, the particular system will likely not play as big of a role in the recruiting process.