Lisch, vastly underrated

VTIME

This kid was only named Honorable Mention All-Conference due to the team's subpar performace in conference play that was in no way his fault. He fought through a very tough hand injury where he essentially wore a mitten and was still able to will this team to wins and compete. He averaged 15ppg while dishing out 3.47 assist per game. That figure was good enough for eighth in the conference and he did that playing the off-guard position. He also finished top 10 in the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio, 3pt percentage, and 3pt field goal made per game. He made the All-Defensive team. He is sixth in school history in 3pt shots made with 125.

I don't think he is underrated. He was hurt and it affected his stats. I don't know about 20ppg, but I think we will see more assists for Kevin and 15-16 ppg, along with the great defense we've come to expect from Kevin

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

i agree with you, but i am not sure about the increase of assists... kevin is a good passer, but tommie seems to be the best fit for us to play the 'pippen' pg role... will polk get any playing time next year?? i sure hope so.. in all honesty, you couldnt meet a nicer/more wholesome guy than polk. and, i love his defensive tenacity.

KL and TL are two very special players. They have contributed mightily since their freshman year. I expect under RM their talents will be utilized even more effectively. I'm just praying they get a shot at the dance before they hang up their Bill unis. With their surrounding cast next season, one would expect RM to make them even more of a factor in whatever offensive schemes he comes up with. Hopefully BE is no VN, BH improves, and the rest improve over the summer. I really think the A-10 top tier teams are going to be much tougher next year, so it's going to be a demanding season.

I agree, Tommie is more suited to play the pg, he is great with the ball in his hands. Kevin will get his points and assists. No one will average 20ppg next year because Lisch and Liddell have a better supporting cast. Luke's average could rise or stay the same, but probably wont dip. Eberhart at minimum should provide 8ppg and 8rpg. Polk, Relphorde, Maguire, Knollmeyer, should provide good depth off the bench and Mitchell and Eckerle could as well. Husak can make or break the season with his play. Lisch and Liddell are key. They are the backcourt in my opinion. Meyer, Eberhart, Maguire, and Relphorde will battle it out for the starting forward spots, and I think Meyer and Eberhart will prevail. I'm uncertain the status of DB, but I would love to see Mitchell as Lisch's primary sub so the former Eastside Flyers can get ready for takeoff.

why do I care if other teams would love to have him or not. I didn't say he wasn't good. I love him.

I think it is most important for a point gaurd to be able to protect the ball, especially down the stretch in close games. TL has not shown the ability to do that yet. He has more natural talent than anybody else on the team and he has great court vision. There are plenty of ways for Tommie to create offense playing on the wing.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but somehow I recall RM saying he was thinking of or going to play Kevin at the point, which is why I said a few more assists. Personally, I like Tommie at the point. I don't think he needs to work on his handles as much as he does his focus.

i didnt hear a lot of complaints about Tommie's ballhandling until he lost the ball trying to win that game. It was one of the TV games, but I cant remember which. After that, I heard all this talk about how Tommie has too many turnovers etc. I hope that one game didnt skew everyone's perception. Lisch had less turnovers because he did less with the ball. He wasnt penetrating or trying to create plays nearly as much as Tommie. Lisch did a great job passing the ball last year, but more than half of his assists were making the extra pass or dumping the ball down low to Voyoukas. He wasnt initiating the offense in the traditional pg sense. Tommie has always been a scoring pg, he even did it some as a freshman and thats when the team took off. Tommie ended his freshman season as the Bills starting pg and the only reason he moved back to the wing was because Polk was better than DB and DM. If Brad would've had a better scoring option Liddell might've stayed at pg, he was doing an excellent job. I think one game as a freshman he had 20+ pts 12rebs and 8asts. He was on his way to some near triple-double games. He's at his best playing pg and as good as he was on the wing last year, he's better at pg where he can catch at the top, has the entire floor to use for the score/pass option and he can call his own number when need be. With BE rebounding Tommie probably wont have to rebound as much and can concentrate more on his pg duties, also playing the pg will allow him to push off of defensive rebounds instead of looking to Polk for the outlet pass.

I wonder how much of that Majerus is basing on last year's video and statistics. I think once he gets these guys in for everyday practice he'll see Lisch is a very good shooter who is best off the ball, but can certainly help with the ballhandling and distributing duties. Maybe he does really think Lisch is best for the team at pg. I dont know what system he is going to run and although I think Tommie is best at pg, in Majerus' system he might not be. We shall see.

He was trying to do too much. You have Relphorde, Mitchell, Eckerle, and Eberhart coming in to take the pressure off. If you watched the games, those werent silly mistakes he was making. It was more a product of a stagnant predictable offense.

ever since tommie let the ball be stripped in the loss to umass at umass at the end of the game, i have nightmares about him being the point guard. i just cant get past it. tommie indeed has the most ability to penetrate and create, however he also led the team in just careless unforced turnovers. a point guard doesnt have careless unforced turnovers.

tommie needs to play the wing, but make sure he gets the ball on every possession and he should be free to go to the basket. i want liddell to become more selfish, not worry about creating for his teamates. those opportunities will create themselves.

no reason that once kevin passes the ball he cant get it back at some point in the possession. plus, kevin is the second best self creator on the team so having the ball in his hands to open a possession is a good thing. better than running around the baseline unable to get open which happens a lot as well.

plus kevin is also the best decision maker on the team by far. why wouldnt anyone want the ball in his hands to start a possession.

a point guard is the sparkplug that makes an offense go. no way soderberg was telling liddell not to create. if the offense was stagnant and predictable, a big part of that blame might have to go to liddell who had the ball in his hands.

liddell needs to be the finisher not the starter.

errrr... ummm if the offense is stagnant and predictable (which it was).. the blame does NOT go on liddell, that is directly on soderberg. and you have to understand, in organized basketball the coach creates the game plans and calls most of the plays. so, tommie was doing what he was told. its not his fault that soderberg drew up plays for him to get the ball in his hands with 5-7 seconds left in the shot clock every possession. in fact, i think that is what lead to most of tommie's turnovers. someone hit the nail on the head earlier by saying: "tommie needs to work on his focus more than his handles"..