Reed and Mizzery

slu72

I stayed out of the fray over there, but I thought your post was pretty objective. Not sure why some overreacted-but there is a whole lot more traffic on that board-so you never know what you are going to get.

Hey, it is their board and they can take shots at SLU all day if they want to. I think both schools are going to end up with pretty damn good recruiting classes. If either lands Suggs they will have a great class. Of course I think Suggs should head to SLU.

I don't follow any of the insider stuff, so I don't know where we (i.e. MU) stand with these kids. I sense some growing frustration in tigerland. I think if SLU lands Suggs, all hell will break loose.

I still have a hunch he's going to Illinois, though, based on a couple of things I have read.

I would hate for him to go Mizzou and suffer the same fate as McKinney. McKinney was known for his jumper too heading into his Mizzou career. He could jump. STL players just have not done well up there, but maybe Matt Lawrence is bucking that trend. I think SLU needs him more than MU does, but I would still support him at MU. I think the fans would appreciate him more at SLU though. He wouldn't quite get the Hughes treatment, but it would be close. And he would have more of an impact in the A10 versus the Big 12 where most guys are elite prospects. Plus Majerus has proven he can get guys to the NBA.

Well, you can't blame Anderson for McKinney.

I guess you could say St. Louis players haven't done well at Mizzou recently, with McKinney not living up to the hype, Johnnie Parker, Tate Decker.

Kelly Thames would have exceeded all expectations but for a very serious knee injury. Grawer and Corey Tate had solid careers.

Ancient history now, but Stipo did okay.

Perhaps I'm all wrong about this, but after being a Missouri fan for the past 30 years, I don't think MU will ever close the borders on all the top basketball talent in the state. We never have. The closest is when we had Sundvold, Stipo, Drexler, Frazier (I know, a transfer from SLU). Those days are long gone.

Personally, I will judge Anderson by wins. I don't care where he finds players, just as long as he finds them.

I think Brandenburg is headed to Wisconsin. I think MU will do ok even with out him and Suggs. I think John is the perfect kind of player for the MA system and I think they end up with Powell, who is a perfect fit for that system.

i dont think you can ever close the borders completely, but you should at least be in the conversation for the elite prospects in your state. Did Hansbrough even consider Mizzou? What about David Lee? They did land McKinney and Rush, so I cant complain too much.

Yeah, and Peeler and Crudup. We won a few games with those guys as well.

The other thing about Anderson is his system is unique. I see that Mu has offered a bunch of guys, such as Brandenburg, but I wonder if they really fit his system?

> I sense some

>growing frustration in tigerland. I think if SLU lands

>Suggs, all hell will break loose.

>

You can say that again. You seem to be one of the many level-headed fans of both programs that actually do exist, in spite of what many on this board want to believe. However, the faction of Mizzou fans that are condescending toward SLU and are spending WAY too much time talking about how much Majerus' presence won't impact them will go absolutely APE**** if Suggs chooses the Bills.