What if................

neighbor dave said about swic and majerus:

"Awesome. Those are the type of connections/relationships that can and will pay the most dividends."

that said, it must be killing asst coach campo to have to deal with smalltime slu.

Since I intended to reply to a number of you I thought the easiest way would be to reply to the original post.

In re-reading my post I could see how HenryB might think I meant that RM would/should get all of the players I referenced. That was not my intent, but I would sure like to see him get SS, JP and KM next year which would hopefully lead to TG the following year. Maybe my post appeared to be too negative despite my effort to include a number of positives. I really am positive about the future direction of SLU MBB under RM's leadership. However, if SS should announce that he will attend State U. (or another BCS school) I think we would all be extremely disappointed. The purpose of my post was not to be negative, but rather to add just a small dose of caution to our expectations so we don't get too upset if we miss on many/all of the names we have been writing about the past few weeks. Cheeseman & Schasz, sorry to have come across as too negative.

Regarding Hardball's comments about Kool-Aid drinkers who were willing to give Brad a six (sic) year now questioning RM in his early days as the SLU coach, I am not sure if that was intended for me or other posters. I would like to clarify that I tried to stay out of the fire/retain BS debate-I find it offensive to publicly call for another person to lose their job. I may have pointed out pros and cons of the BS staff and probably wrote that I didn't think he would be fired with just finishing a 20 win season, but I was clearly wrong on that point. As a long time SLU MBB fan I could not envision a coach who had two winning seasons in a row losing his job.

Here's hoping my "What if" question never has to be answered.

(On an unrelated note, Roy I hope your high roller friend read more into the coach's comment than was there-thanks for the PM)