SIU fans now claim Thompson not good enough for SIU

Somehow I can't help feeling that if his committment was to SIU the feelings about him would be different and that if he wanted to go to SIU a schollarship was his.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds a lot like some people around here when a local leaves (certainly not all, but a few from time to time). It's a knee-jerk reaction from some to say "good riddance". I wouldn't believe that the opinions of a mesage board represent all fans.

That said, it's not a very positive refelction on the people making the posts. Gee, let's get mad at high school kids about where they want to go to college! Pretty pathetic.

Being from Vienna myself I have watched BT play as a freshman,sophmore,and as a junior. First of all this kid plays for Vienna. We play the in the weakest conference in Illinois. Teams like cobden, pope Co, Goreville who by the way beat them twice last year. This 6'11" 255lb ladd could not dominate guys who were 6'2". Yes he is now a senior and could come alive this year and I hope that he does. Right now I see a big kid who is too soft and lacking the heart and motivation. Good luck!

I doubt that is true. I am 100% sure Izzo doesn't take the time to come see a player unless he has seen tape and has a reccomendation from his asst that it is worth his trip.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I am a diehard SLU fan and detest SIU, but there is no arguing who the superior team has been over the past decade. Call it what you want, but anyone who saw SIU go toe to toe with KU in the Sweet 16 knows that they were legit. The best is yet to come for our Billiken's and I truly do not mind the fact that SIU has been the superior program of late because it will not last much longer.

Dr. Tom Davis is not in the same league as Rick Majerus. Des Moines or Ames or wherever the heck Drake is, is not St. Louis. Lubbock, Texas is not St. Louis.

The expectations are justified when you are playing in the St. Louis market and you have a coach with a .773 winning percentage, NCAA Championship game experience, and who has put 11 players in the NBA.

The days of SIU being superior or even on the same level as SLU will be over very shortly, and I grew up in Southern Illinois.